|
lingzi
|
Dec 5 2012, 08:06 AM
Post #1
|
|
- Posts:
- 651
- Group:
- Members
- Member
- #4
- Joined:
- Oct 5, 2012
|
SEATTLE -- Attempts to build an arena that could bring the NBA back to Seattle took another step forward on Wednesday when the city, King County and investor Chris Hansen announced a memorandum of understanding laying out the financial responsibilities for the proposed venue. Andy Dalton Orange Jersey . Unlike an original rough proposal unveiled in February, the agreement announced Wednesday indicates that construction on the facility could begin with only an NBA franchise having been acquired. Previously, officials had indicated that for the financing plan to work, both NBA and NHL franchises would be needed. The goal is still to bring both professional sports to the Puget Sound region. But the project can move forward with only the NBA in hand, which is the focus of Hansen, a San Francisco hedge-fund manager and main investor in the project. "Weve been very honest with everybody that actually having an NBA and NHL team to sign agreements with ownership groups to move on the exact same day is pretty unlikely," Hansen said. The agreement announced Wednesday now goes before the Seattle City Council and King County Council for approval. The project calls for about $290 million in private investment from Hansens group, along with $200 million from the city and county through 30-year bonds. Any franchise that comes to Seattle and uses the arena would be required to sign a non-relocation agreement that would span the life of those bonds. The bonds would be paid off through taxes and revenues generated by the arena, which would be owned by the municipalities. All construction costs, including overruns, would be paid for by Hansens private group -- ArenaCo -- along with all environmental studies and permitting. Once that process is completed, most of the public investment is placed on the city. The MOU calls for an initial investment of $100 million by the city for acquisition of the project site. During a second investment window, the city would contribute another $20 million if both an NBA and NHL team are acquired, with the remaining $80 million in public investment being bonded by the county. If only an NBA team is acquired, the public bonding would be capped at $120 million with $115 million coming from the city and only $5 million coming from the county. "We have to keep taking steps along the way," Seattle Mayor Mike McGinn said. "I guess what Im trying to say is it would be a real shot in the arm to our community to bring back the Sonics and that has value." Specifications for the arena were also released. It would hold up to 19,000 for concerts, 18,500 for basketball and 17,500 for hockey and be constructed on a 700,000 square-foot location just south of downtown Seattle in the neighbourhood where Safeco Field and CenturyLink Field were built. Andy Dalton Jersey . The partnership will see the Champions League finalists and Sauber exchange knowledge in sport science, launch joint commercial initiatives and share merchandising, marketing and sponsorship opportunities. Chelseas crest will appear on Saubers cars from next weeks Spanish Grand Prix while the Premier League club will show the Sauber logo on advertising boards and interview walls at its home matches, with the aim of increasing the market presence of the teams outside their own sports. BenJarvus Green-Ellis Youth Jersey . Neither imagined next season opening without Jeremy Lin on the New York Knicks. "No. Not when the kicker was they can match. http://www.shopthecincinnatibengals.com/armon-binns-jerseys .C. -- Donald Ross -- or, more specifically, his course at Sedgefield -- got the better of Sergio Garcia down the stretch once before. Andy Dalton Youth Jersey . -- Sporting Kansas City defender Cyprian Hedrick, the teams second-round pick in the MLS draft, will miss about four months after breaking his left leg. Geno Atkins Jersey . Warner, from London, Ont., beat his personal best high jump of 2.02 metres to equal American Ashton Eaton and Belgiums Hans Van Alphen jumps of 2.CHICAGO -- Dusty Baker and the Cincinnati Reds moved one step closer to the NL Central title on Tuesday night, thanks to another solid September start by Homer Bailey. The right-hander pitched effectively into the eighth inning and Ryan Hanigan hit a three-run double to lead Cincinnati to a 3-1 victory over the Chicago Cubs. "We had just enough offence to win," Baker said after his 3,000th game as a big league manager. "That was a big double by Hanigan. Just a big victory for us, back to 30 over and one step closer." The Reds (89-59) have a magic number of four to clinch the division championship over St. Louis. The Cardinals beat Houston 4-1 on Tuesday night. Bailey (12-9) took a two-hit shutout into the eighth before Darwin Barney had his second single of the night and pinch-hitter Bryan LaHair hit an RBI double to make it 3-1. Sean Marshall then came in and hit pinch-hitter Dave Sappelt before getting a strikeout and grounder to end the threat. Jonathan Broxton worked a perfect ninth for his third save in five chances with Cincinnati, which acquired him in a July 31 deal with Kansas City. The big right-hander has recorded 11 consecutive scoreless appearances, allowing just five hits and converting each of his three save opportunities during the streak. Bailey allowed four hits, struck out four and walked two while improving to 2-0 with a 1.55 ERA in four starts this month. He is 3-0 against the Cubs this season and 5-2 for his career. "Once we scored those three runs, I really put a lot of effort into putting up some zeroes," Bailey said. "Really wish I could have finished that eighth. I threw a pretty good pitch, LaHair just went down there and got it. Nothing you can really do about that." Cubs starter Justin Germano was working on a shutout before he was pulled after he walked the first three batters in the sixth -- Joey Votto, RRyan Ludwick and Jay Bruce. Kevin Zeitler Jersey. Manny Corpas came in and Hanigan hit a drive to right-centre with one out that cleared the bases. "I had bases loaded, let it come to you in that situation. Just trying to put the ball in the outfield and fortunately it got over their heads," Hanigan said. "It worked out." "You got three quality veteran hitters up there and after seeing him that was their third time, I think they kind of waited him (Germano) out," Cubs manager Dale Sveum said. "We got the out and just couldnt get the ball on the ground with Corpas. Hanigan obviously put a nice swing on the ball that changed the whole game around." Germano (2-8) lost his sixth straight start. He gave up three hits, walked five, hit two batters and threw a wild pitch. "I dont think Ive ever walked the bases loaded before in my professional career, so that was a first and pretty much the worst time to ever do that," Germano said. "I was just missing and they were good takes on their part." NOTES: Baker said he had no special desire to clinch the division at Wrigley Field, where he managed the Cubs for four seasons, got them within five outs of the World Series in 2003 and was not brought back after the 2006 season. He said he just wanted to clinch as soon as possible and it doesnt matter where. ... Monday nights game between the Pirates and Cubs was delayed by storms for 3 hours, 37 minutes. The first pitch was thrown at 10:42 p.m. CDT and the game ended at 1:28 a.m. Tuesday nights game lasted 2 hours, 51 minutes. ... Sveum said 2B Darwin Barney, who has stretched his errorless streak to an NL-record 133 straight games, is a core player for the future because his defence is a game-changing skill. Barney also has a 13-game hitting streak ... Game 2 of the series on Wednesday night pits the Reds Mike Leake (8-9) against Chris Rusin (1-2). ' ' '
|