Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Shadowtroopers Unite...; ... and get to work.
Topic Started: Feb 24 2006, 10:17 PM (2,659 Views)
rudolpht
Member Avatar

Supporter
Folks,

We need to take direction from the DET CO to define standards for the ShadowTrooper subset of SpecOps. One reason we like SpecOps is that is not the mainstream, so to speak, but we need standards in accordance with overall Legion & Legion Detachment direction. We also have a role now in setting those standards (a great opportunity).

Below is a template on where we need to get to on ShadowTroopers, and I'm thankful to our friends serving overseas getting a better graphic depection of our troop type.

Please see below and we can start thinking whats most appropriate. I would rather this not be unilateral and would appreciate any and all inputs.

Thanks,
Tim

Stealth Trooper/Blackhole Trooper 501st Specs
At the very least, a 501st Imperial Stealth Trooper consists of the following REQUIRED items:
- A full set of “professional quality” black stormtrooper armor. Custom paint schemes/deviations from official LFL/licensee sources are NOT permitted or encouraged by the 501st Legion (see Customization Section)
- Black non-fabric Chelsea-style boots (texture-less calf-high laceless boots with conservative heel and no metal straps, buckles, or ornamental stitching).
- Black undersuit (Under Armor, divesuit, etc)
- Black neckseal
- Black textureless jersey-style gloves with no visible logos, tags, extraneous straps, buckles or overly ornamental stitching.
- Black socks
- One the following blaster types (unless prohibited by either local law or venue organizers):
- A standard Imperial-issue E-11 blaster w/ Imperial-issue black leather holster OR
- A standard Imperial-issue BFG (MG-42, etc.)

Approved Options - Entirely optional (accepted, but not required)
- An Imperial-issue leather or vinyl Rank Pauldron
- A black comlink

The following non-visible costume modifications are permitted:
- Black snap suspension system
- Static burst/voice amp for communication
- Gel insoles
- Non-visible personal hydration system
- Non-visible cooling system

Customization – Hereby known as “custom”
-Ornamental customization (beyond the above described standards) is NOT condoned by the 501st and a “Custom” should not be worn at “official” 501st troops (unless previously authorized by their local GML).
-The TX Detachment permits “Custom” members within our internal forums with the express understanding that they can't be granted a 501st TX-ID without LMO approval.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

rudolpht
Member Avatar

Supporter
OK it always helps to start with a strawman. Here's the draft specification with the two variations. Understand first may be pushing the envelope but it is well documented and undeniably SpecOps:

Shadow Trooper 501st Specs

At the very least, a 501st Republic Shadow Trooper consists of the following REQUIRED items:
- A full set of “professional quality” black and light black and/or grey trooper armor consistent with the licensed toys. Custom paint schemes/deviations from official LFL/licensee sources are NOT permitted or encouraged by the 501st Legion (see Customization Section)
- Black non-fabric Chelsea-style boots (texture-less calf-high laceless boots with conservative heel and no metal straps, buckles, or ornamental stitching).
- Black under suit (Under Armor, dive suit, etc)
- Black neck seal
- Black textureless jersey-style gloves with no visible logos, tags, extraneous straps, buckles or overly ornamental stitching.
- Black socks
One or more of the following blaster types (unless prohibited by either local law or venue organizers):
- One or a pair of standard Republic-issue Commander’s Pistol(s) w/ holster(s) (Stealth colors)
- A standard Republic-issue DC-15 blaster w/ black leather holster AND/OR
- A standard Republic-issue BFG (DC-15 long blaster, DC-17, etc.)

- An Imperial-issue leather or vinyl Rank Pauldron, muted colors for stealth
- A black comm link

- Gel insoles

-Ornamental customization (beyond the above described standards) is NOT condoned by the 501st and a “Custom” should not be worn at “official” 501st troops (unless previously authorized by their local GML).
-Berets approved as helmets off alternative, with appropriate Detachment approved insignia
-The TX Detachment permits “Custom” members within our internal forums with the express understanding that they can't be granted a 501st TX-ID without LMO approval.

At the very least, a 501st Imperial Shadow Trooper consists of the following REQUIRED items:
- A full set of “professional quality” black stormtrooper armor as customized to meet LFL Jedi Knight II trooper, as pictured within Detachment archive, including Shadow Trooper specific helmet . Custom paint schemes/deviations from official LFL/licensee sources are NOT permitted or encouraged by the 501st Legion (see Customization Section)
- Black neck seal
- Black socks
One Green chest piece
One Lightsaber
One or more of the following blaster types (unless prohibited by either local law or venue organizers):
- A standard Imperial-issue Merson pistol w/ Imperial-issue officer’s black leather holster
- A standard Imperial-issue E-11 blaster w/ Imperial-issue black leather holster OR

- A black comm link
- Lighted center green chest piece
- Lighted eye or other helmet lights

- Mobility modifications to armor to accommodate lightsaber use
- Gel insoles

Joe
Member Avatar
High speed super duper paratrooper, (leg)
[ *  *  * ]
Tim,

We are working on getting good quality pics of the shadow trooper, how ever from what we have gotten it looks as if alot of the armor needs to be fabricated. I have looked at modding a TC or a TK and I don't see any way of making it work short of pulling new pieces. As far as the Republic Shadowtrooper I believe that the Legion has said all TC variants will only be given the TC designation no matter of they are SOF or not... You may want to check with Kev on that though. We just got our network redone here and should have something soon.

COS_Vader
Member Avatar
Det Founder
Supporter
That's correct, Joe. We can't have any TC's in our Det per the Legion Council. This may or may not change, but for the time being, I conceeded it to become official.

rudolpht
Member Avatar

Supporter
Joe, Looking forward to pics.

Wasn't trying to pull a fast one as much as pulling a "ssssslllloooowwww" one. I would guess that the "spec Ops" clone trooper is exactly the same as the other clone troopers the rationale holds fairly well why prequel "troops" are TCs.

The big BUT, is the Shadowtrooper lineage is really a direct "forefather" of the canon TX (really very unrealated to the JK Shadowtrooper). It's built for covert ops, as much as the TC Spec Ops is not (bright white armor et al).

I understand the compromise made to get the Det going, but this would be a textbook exception (which I obviously think is worth revisiting if possible), completely canon, etc. Spec Ops not in name but in real definition/spirit.

COS_Vader
Member Avatar
Det Founder
Supporter
No, I fully understand the reasoning ;) - in fact, I started out as the Spec Ops Clone Lead here. Honestly, the Clone Det didn't care if we cross-cut costumes then (it was only 2 costumes) - but the Legion Council said no and I had to cave to get us legit.

I'll always press, but the chances of it happenning are slim. If they balk, you can always shoot the spec to the Clone Det.

Joe
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
I agree with you on that Tim, if they are doing that for the TC, then they need to be doing that for the TK. Only fair. One of these days, it'll happen where all SOF costumes are listed here.

rudolpht
Member Avatar

Supporter
COS_Vader
Mar 1 2006, 03:17 PM
I'll always press, but the chances of it happenning are slim. If they balk, you can always shoot the spec to the Clone Det.

Sounds like a plan.
Thanks,
Tim

REDTROOPER
Member Avatar
"REDTROOPER"
[ *  *  * ]
rudolpht
Feb 28 2006, 09:42 PM
Joe, Looking forward to pics.

Wasn't trying to pull a fast one as much as pulling a "ssssslllloooowwww" one.  I would guess that the "spec Ops" clone trooper is exactly the same as the other clone troopers the rationale holds fairly well why prequel "troops" are TCs. 

The big BUT, is the Shadowtrooper lineage is really a direct "forefather" of the canon TX (really very unrealated to the JK Shadowtrooper).  It's built for covert ops, as much as the TC Spec Ops is not (bright white armor et al). 

I understand the compromise made to get the Det going, but this would be a textbook exception (which I obviously think is worth revisiting if possible), completely canon, etc.  Spec Ops not in name but in real definition/spirit.

Tim, I think with the new members of the legion council it might be a good time to try this again. If not now I think shortly It could happen, And i will speak to kev about this. :D :D B) B) MICHAEL

TX 8843
XO of the spec ops detachment
"the only sound they will hear, Is their last breath"
SWIFT SILENT VERY DEADLY

Joe
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
I'm in for that, it's high time that the clone SOF costumes were added. There is a clone designation thread on clonetrooprs.net that has the SOF clones listed. If we work it with the clonetrooper det we might be able to get the legion to approve this... But some times it is better to beg forgivness than ask permission :D

rudolpht
Member Avatar

Supporter
REDTROOPER
Apr 8 2006, 07:15 AM
Tim, I think with the new members of the legion council it might be a good time to try this again. If not now I think shortly It could happen, And i will speak to kev about this. :D :D B) B) MICHAEL

TX 8843
XO of the spec ops detachment
"the only sound they will hear, Is their last breath"
SWIFT SILENT VERY DEADLY

Let's go for it. I agree the change over may have produced a more logical attitude to the issue. I really think it was the EpIII Spec Ops looking like every other clonetrooper just with blue markings causing a backlash. With PT Shadowtroopers looking undeniably like early revs of standard TX stealth troopers, I think we have a solid case/logic.

Thanks,
Tim

rudolpht
Member Avatar

Supporter
I was disappointed that the Charter amendments regarding TXs and Clone Troopers in general weren't better and delegating the details to the DETs where they belong.

High standards are good, as long as the subject matter experts are promulgating the standards.

Any word on progress for a "dual track" shadowtrooper?

Tim

Joe
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
I was dissapointed in that... Very few things make sense in this, I know that the black hole trooper is just a stormtrooper painted a flat black; so going with the legion's logic in this they should be TKs not TXs. But that's a battle to be fought by the command staff and those with the power.

rudolpht
Member Avatar

Supporter
Okay fellow shadow ladies & gents, or just interested parties. Please give feedback on what we posted previously. I really want to post both the prequel "Republic Shadow Trooper" and EU (postquel???) "Imperial Shadowtrooper" variants. REALLY want both.

Shadow Trooper 501st Specs

At the very least, a 501st Republic Shadow Trooper consists of the following REQUIRED items:
- A full set of “professional quality” black and light black and/or grey trooper armor consistent with the licensed toys. Custom paint schemes/deviations from official LFL/licensee sources are NOT permitted or encouraged by the 501st Legion (see Customization Section)
- Black neck seal
- Black socks
- One or a pair of standard Republic-issue Commander’s Pistol(s) w/ holster(s) (Stealth colors)
- A standard Republic-issue DC-15 blaster w/ black leather holster AND/OR
- A standard Republic-issue BFG (DC-15 long blaster, DC-17, etc.)

- An Imperial-issue leather or vinyl Rank Pauldron, muted colors for stealth
- A black comm link

- Gel insoles

-Berets approved as helmets off alternative, with appropriate Detachment approved insignia

At the very least, a 501st Imperial Shadow Trooper consists of the following REQUIRED items:
- A full set of “professional quality” black stormtrooper armor as customized to meet LFL Jedi Knight II trooper, as pictured within Detachment archive, including Shadow Trooper specific helmet . Custom paint schemes/deviations from official LFL/licensee sources are NOT permitted or encouraged by the 501st Legion (see Customization Section)
- Black neck seal
- Black socks
One Green chest piece
One Lightsaber
- A standard Imperial-issue Merson pistol w/ Imperial-issue officer’s black leather holster

- A black comm link
- Lighted center green chest piece
- Lighted eye or other helmet lights

- Mobility modifications to armor to accommodate lightsaber use
- Gel insoles

Dark Jedi 69
Member Avatar

Supporter
Any futher word on the CX Republic Shadowtrooper admittance in the Spec ops Detachment. This is going to be my next set of armor

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Shadowtrooper · Next Topic »
Add Reply