Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
When Dreams Become Reality [Open]
Topic Started: Nov 26 2011, 11:10 PM (540 Views)
Vanga
Member Avatar
Let darkness take you...
"You better come back. You always said you'd tell me everything when you came back."

Ishiki smiled reassuringly at the tiny frame of his younger sister standing across from him in the doorway to his room. She was still wearing her pajamas, having apparently wasted no time after being woken up with investigating the strange sounds and lights coming from her brother's bedroom down the hall. It was a good thing their parents were heavier sleepers than either of them, this situation was much simpler to deal with than what could be happening right now. His sister would be a little miffed that he had to leave her behind, he was sure his folks would try to stop him and even though he didn't think anything could prevent what was about to happen he'd just as much rather not take any chances.

"Don't worry, I promised you didn't I?" the raven-haired youth comforted from where he stood by the bedroom window, giving a thumbs up to set her mind at ease.

Everything was going to be alright, he just knew it. Better than alright, actually, because this was the day he'd been waiting for since before he could even remember. Turning away from his little sister and looking back outside through the open window and into the cold night air, Ishiki beheld a sky seemingly on fire. The aurora borealis, here in the skies of Japan, more specifically just outside his bedroom as if on display only for him, its bright light weaving and curling in waves above his head. Something inside him screamed out at that moment, the time had arrived for him to leave, taken away to the digital world.

He was already getting dressed the moment he saw what was happening outside and was able to start thinking ahead through his excitement. By the time he finished pulling on his shoes, which looked more like boots than the sneakers kids his age typically wore, and threw on a jacket he came to realize that it was a good thing he'd acted so quickly. As it played out right now it was taking all he had to keep from being pulled out the window by an unseen force, a will that was slipping more and more as his mind urged his body to let go and let the digital world take him away, if he hadn't gotten dressed when he did he'd be visiting the world of his dreams in his pajamas the same way his younger sister was visiting his room.

Clutching his hand around the small metallic device in shades of red and black, a herald to his impending journey that came through the portal that even now hung above amidst the burning sky, Ishiki took a deep breath and stopped bracing against the window frame. Immediately he was pulled through the outlet and into the sky, quickly enough to feel his hair tousled by the passing wind but not so fast that he didn't start feeling impatient to get underway. Then again, waiting seventeen years for this would leave anyone anxious no matter how fast the trip was.

"Onii-chan! I want to go too!" Ishiki turned around in the air to see his sister at the windowsill, all pretense of trying to keep a strong front thrown aside now that events were finally starting to move. He couldn't blame her, she probably knew as much about his dreams of the digital world as he himself and it saddened him that she was going to have to miss out on this.

"Gomen..." Ishiki muttered, almost too quietly for her to hear his apology before managing to raise his voice. "I can't share this with you like everything else. Be strong and... tell our parents that I'll be fine!"

He managed to see his younger sibling sniff away her tears and nod her head before he was through the gate in the sky and the entrance slammed shut behind him. The way to his old home was for the moment closed to him and there was only going forward from here. Forward into the world of his dreams and the fantastical adventures that surely awaited him there.
_____

"So, this is it, huh? The digital world?" Ishiki muttered to himself as he looked up into the big blue sky from where he lay on the ground, his fingers tightening on the grass at his back.

Since blacking out between worlds and waking up on his back, Ishiki was too absorbed with everything that was happening to him today and needed a moment to let his mind process everything so he remained where he'd found himself. This waiting around wasn't going to last long, however, it couldn't what with the excitement ever building up inside of him. He was about to get to his feet and waste through some of his pent up energy when something caught his eye and forced him to sit up anyways.

"I've seen those before!" Ishiki proclaimed to himself animatedly as he watched a trio of large brown-feathered hawks with single feathered Indian headdresses. Pulling out his sketchbook from one of his jacket's inside pockets and flipping through a few pages, he came to an entry that sure enough contained a detailed drawing of the type of creature that he'd seen. There was no doubt about it, his dreams had finally become reality.

Working his way to his feet, the youth looked around and wondered what his next move should be. He'd never planned this far ahead and didn't know what he wanted to do next and, at the same time, there was so much to do. His eyes finally settled on what seemed to be a village a ways off and for some inexplicable reason he felt naturally drawn to the place. It was as good a location to visit first as any so he decided to just go with his gut instincts. Finding that he'd woken near the side of a small dirt road that led to the small houses in the distance, he fiddled with his footwear until the retractable wheels extended and in moments he was rollerblading towards his destination, taking a leisurely pace with his sketchbook in one hand incase he spotted anything from his dreams and drawings.

Jovi_Kumori
Member Avatar
Tamer
Walking to the building from another direction a young male teen in his early twenties looked ahead not realizing anyone else was there just yet. He had shoulder length white hair and forest green eyes. The male was wearing a white t-shirt along with denim blue jeans and black sneakers. A black pack back was slung over his left shoulder as he held the strap lightly with his left hand. Taking a deep breath the male then stops and looked towards the male as he just noticed him.

Walking along side of the male a gabumon looked to his tamer then to the other male as he asked quietly “Do you know him?” he was curious on who he was and what he was doing here.

The male said in a quiet voice “no..probably just another lost tamer” he looked down to his digimon then to the female. Next he resumed to walking towards the building quietly followed by his partner.
Edited by Jovi_Kumori, Dec 1 2011, 06:08 AM.

Vanga
Member Avatar
Let darkness take you...
As actively interested in his surroundings as he was, hoping to spot another digimon like the bird creatures he'd seen soaring overhead, it didn't take him long to notice he was not alone on these grassy plains. A little ways off to his side was another living soul, but not the kind he was looking out for. He was actually surprised to find that it looked like another human like him, a sight that other new arrivals might be desperately seeking out but for him it sparked only mild curiosity. He knew others from his world were supposed to travel here as well and had expected to run into another of his kind one day, but didn't realize it would be so quickly. This was actually pretty convenient.

There was no need to shout out or act in any way as to draw attention to himself, his fellow human had already noticed him and seemed to be talking to someone on his opposite side to Ishiki. It looked like the guy was on a dirt path similar to his that also led to the village. Up ahead the two paths appeared to merge, meaning there was no need for Ishiki to go out of his way to change course in order to meet with the white-haired stranger. Simply slowing down a click to keep from outpacing with rollerblades the other guy's speed on foot, there was no need to rush into anything at that point and he let his eyes wander for chance sightings of anything else alive out there until the two of them were within range of each other's voices.

"Hey there!" Ishiki called out, giving a wave of friendly greeting as his rollerblades carried him in an arc ahead of the stranger without becoming an obstacle. "I didn't expect to see another human out here so soon ---"

As he came around to his fellow human's opposite side he was finally able to get a good look at the companion that had been conversing with him, which brought his salutation to an abrupt close. Standing at the white-haired guy's side was another digimon. This one looked like a small dinosaur wearing a wolf's pelt, a horn protruding from its forehead. Eyes brightening, Ishiki turned his attention to his sketchbook once again.

"I think I've seen one of these before, too." the youth muttered to himself with fascination that he didn't even try to hide, flipping through the sheets as he rollerbladed backwards to keep facing the two without slowing either of them down. Briefly glancing up at the human of the pair, he paused in his search through sketches long enough to ask a quick excited question before returning to his page turning. "Did you just arrive here, too?"

Jovi_Kumori
Member Avatar
Tamer
Ziekku stopped for a moment when he heard a voice the voice coming from the other human. He didn't really say too much as he watched how excited he looked. When he came close and began doing something to his sketchpad he then looked down to his partner then back to the male as he began thinking about what to say. He had seen other people around since he came here so it didn't really come to his surprise to see this human here. Though something was different and he didn't seem to have a digimon with him. Is he that new here? Had he not met his partner? Or is he another type of tamer that don't have a partner but can turn into a digimon? Taking a deep breath he then decided to answer the boy's question “About a month” his voice was soft and calm it had a hint of lonesomeness in it.

Aisu was quite when the other human approached them and watched him carefully as he seemed thrilled to see another human. But he seen another digimon like him before? He hasn't even seen another gabumon for a long time. “umm..Hello..my name is Aisu whats yours?” He asked the boy softly as he watched him draw on a skietchpad.

Vanga
Member Avatar
Let darkness take you...
"A month, huh?" Ishiki responded, glancing up again briefly and taking note of what might have been a sad tone in the stranger's voice. He almost considered saying something, but it really wasn't any of his business. He was the helpful type, but not the nosey kind, returning his attention to the sketchbook. "I know how much there is to this place, even a year won't be enough for me."

Finally he found what he was looking for, coming to a stop on a page with the exact likeness of the digimon standing before him, a fact he confirmed with a brief glance up. His dreams were coming to life before his eyes. The memories of fantastical creatures from another world, all doodled down with skillful care so that he could relive them whenever he wanted, were becoming his new reality today and it felt fantastic. The two he'd run into had come to a stop now and Ishiki had too much pent up excitement to do the same, taking lazy drifts from side to side of the road on his rollerblades. For some reason he was still really anxious to get to the village up ahead, which wasn't helping him slow down, but this chance meeting with people familiar with the digital world was interesting enough to hold most of his attention away from his destination.

"They can speak!" the youth exclaimed to himself excitedly at the digimon giving his name and asking for the same. "I heard that they could, but I've never met one up close --- Oh!" He never got this keyed up back home, he almost wound up forgetting to return his name. He rolled up to Aisu and smiled genuinely as he thumbed his own chest in indication. "I'm Ishiki Musouka. I just woke up here."
Edited by Vanga, Dec 3 2011, 01:34 AM.

Jovi_Kumori
Member Avatar
Tamer
Aisu watched the excited tamer quietly for a moment then gave a small smile "I'm taking you just woke up here" he then raised his paw and points it towards his own tamer. "This is my partner Ziekku" he said in a happy tone of voice. Aisu was glad he was with Ziekku and he wouldn't have wanted any other tamer even if he had a choice.

Ziekku continued walking forward with his Gabumon then looked over to the male as he nodded a hello. He didn't really say anything mostly because he didn't have anything to say to him at the moment.

Vanga
Member Avatar
Let darkness take you...
"So you're a tamer, then." Ishiki responded cheerily to Ziekku at being told the two were a team. Tamers for the longest time now had been closer to his dream than he ever was until now, which left him some admiration for what destiny had thrown at them. Those kinds of humans were just like him, fated to find their adventures in the digital world.

"I still need to find my partner. I just got here, so I don't know where he is but I know what he looks like." Thumbing through a couple of more pages from his sketchbook, he held out the sheet he'd been looking for so that it could be viewed easily from where the two were. Numerous life-like images of dragonish creatures with winged ears and a black symbol on their chests roughly the appearance of a bio-hazard showed up all over the pages. Some were large, others small as one's thumb, a few were colored a bright red with a white underbelly and bright golden eyes but most were pencil-sketched black-and-white drawings. "He's the one I see most when dreaming of this world. I know he's the one, now I've just got to find him."

Ishiki made it sound like such an easy task and to him it was. He'd been waiting almost seventeen years to get this far, he could wait a little longer for everything else to fall into place. He didn't even know who this other digimon was, but they were fated to find adventure in this world together. Whether he noticed Ziekku's quiet attitude or not, be it from giving the new tamer the cold shoulder or being a shy person or something else entirely, Ishiki didn't let on and kept the atmosphere around the three as upbeat as he always did. A whole new chapter of his life was opening now, after all, and nothing could drag his mood down.

"Are you two heading for that village as well?" Ishiki asked the two partners, thumbing over his shoulder at the buildings down the road. They had started moving again and the youth swayed backwards on his rollerblades in a snaking pattern that kept him facing his new acquaintances without impeding or outpacing them. "Or maybe you're just planning to pass through?"

Jovi_Kumori
Member Avatar
Tamer
Ziekku looked ahead for a moment then looked over to the sketch when Ishiki showed it to them. Taking a deep breath he then said “I have seen a few of those types of digimons one of them is partnered up with one of the guild leaders...” he then looked ahead to the village in front of them then added “We are searching for something...”

Aisu looked over to Ziekku hearing his monotone voice taking a deep breath he looked ahead and sighed softly.

Vanga
Member Avatar
Let darkness take you...
Ishiki's eyes lit up at the news as he tucked away his sketchbook in the inner jacket pocket where he'd found it. Digimon like the one from his dreams were running around, now he just needed to find the one that he was meant to team up with. He knew all the various sightings he'd had of the crimson dragon-like creature were of the same individual, not that it had ever talked in his visions or given any other indication, but he knew. He was also intrigued by Ziekku's mention of guilds, a place he deduced where Tamers probably gathered together. He should look into these guilds, where they were, what they were for, when he had a chance. They might be his kind of place. Still, his first priority was finding his partner, or rather stumbling across the guy since he still had no idea where to look.

"Searching for something? Maybe I can help." the youth mused, hands behind his head with fingers interlaced as he'd gently drift to one side of the road, roll a few feet, then shift his weight and drift to the other side. "I'm heading for that village up ahead, too, but I don't really have a reason for doing so. Just a gut feeling, I guess. Anyways, I'll probably have the time if you need a hand."

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Digimon Huts · Next Topic »