Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Posted Image

Welcome to the Aeiou.

We are a community with almost no rules, and a very non-serious mindset. Shitposting is not an infraction of the rules here. In fact, it is the norm.

We are mostly active on our Discord, but larger projects such as the Absolute Magnitude tabletop game are discussed here on the forums.

You are more than welcome to Join the forums, and our Discord. If you have already registered on the forums, you can log in below:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
MBA Admin Testing
Topic Started: Dec 4 2015, 09:36 PM (326 Views)
:wrenchleft:Robert Joe:wrenchright:
Member Avatar
Engineer Archailect

Update: It is online. Here is the Technic Pack link: http://api.technicpack.net/modpack/moon-base-aeiou

Whenever Technic co-operates with me, I am going to open up the server privately just to members of this site.

During this time, you guys can build structures that will be randomly generated in the final map, and bug-test various things. Since we are aiming for an anarchy server, any kind of structure is allowed. Even dangerous ones that are nothing but traps. The only restrictions is that you may not place Admin Weapons in any of the chests inside the structure, of course.

Please note that not everything about the pack is complete. There may still be bugs, and the following mods still require re-texturing to fit the resource pack of the server:

Power Advantage
Electric Advantage
Steam Advantage
Too Much TNT
ProjectE
Cyano's Wonderful Wands and Wizarding Robes
Elemental Creepers
Opencomputers
Gilby's Voice Chat
Torched
Trail Mix
Thaumcraft
More Furnaces
Progressive Automation
Neotech
Iron Chests
Utility Worlds
Crystal Wing
Flux Ducts
Lava Boats
Admin Weapons
Little Maids (Iris help me)
Uncrafting Grinder
Planttech
Heavy Machinery (Awesome mod that still uses a few WIP textures, in desperate need of a resource pack)

Non-texture things that need fixing:

- Remember to actually drag Thaumcraft into the mods folder this time.

- Add a minimap mod.

- Disable Opencomputer's generation of copper and tin, since we already have copper and tin in Basemetals and they are both compatible with the Ore Dictionary.

- Either fix or remove Dense Ores or Too Much TNT. They are amazing mods, but they crash when I try to launch them on a server.

- Look into adding Optifine

Feel free to post any other bugs and/or requests here.
Edited by Robert Joe, Dec 19 2015, 03:40 PM.

Signature
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Member Avatar
Engineer Archailect

Okay, here is the update schedule:

The next update will add Planettech, Uncrafting Grinder, and Heavy Machinery. (I am uploading this one right now)

The update after that will be a bugfixing update, and will possibly add Flan's Mod. At this point, we can abandon the WIP flat test map.

The final update will be just finishing the texture pack, and we will probably launch for real shortly afterwards.

Signature

Member Avatar
Engineer Archailect

A late and long-overdue update.

Almost everything is textured now. I probably have missed a few things, but I will get to them soon. I am sorry that this took so long. I simply did not realize how big of a task making a texture pack that supports numerous mods from scratch was.

Heavy machinery is getting axed; it does not work on servers. Planttech might get axed as well, but I am going to give it more of a shot, still.

Signature

Member Avatar
Engineer Archailect

So, guess what? Finally, all of the texturing other than the art.png (Which should not take more than an hour or so) is done. Holy crap. That took far more time than I thought it would.

To give you an example of how much effort was put into this shitty texture pack, here is a copy of the main "reference" sheet that I was using:

Warning: Huge image, and lots of insanity

That is what four to five months of spriting does. I had that sucker open on two of my monitors at practically all times to copy and past stuff from. Also, you can see what things I clearly ripped off based my sprites off of there. As you can tell, the entire pack is meant to be Golden Sun-inspired, because of course it is.

Anyway, I am really in the home stretch. Just server-side plugins and sounds remain now. I will post a thread for suggestions for the latter.

Signature

Member Avatar
Engineer Archailect

Okay, I got everything done. But, unfortunately, the crappy mod that I made kind of blew up at the last second. Hence why everything is not up yet. So, for now, Explodium drops TNT and does not directly explode. The higher-tier bombs are not in the game as of yet, but I will have to mod them in myself later. For the time being, the Uranium ore I added just can be used to make massive amounts of conventional TNT.

I am uploading the pack now, and it is probably going to take a few hours. I will launch the server itself once it is complete, but in the meantime, I need to get some rest. I have been up for about 40 hours straight trying to get this thing done. Sorry about that, I will have it up quite soon, though.

Signature

Member Avatar
Engineer Archailect

Hey, just to let everyone know, the server is up. But, I derrped and forgot to change the IP included with the pack. You have to connect to the following instead:

Sorry about that.

But, yeah. Everything but the TNT mod and the IRC integration is done. While I am working on making the TNT mod, feel free to make more randomly generated structures. They are working very well so far. Just note that this map is currently not the final one, thanks to the fact that the TNT Mod will need to generate ores.

Signature

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Moonbase Aeiou HQ (Server Discussion) · Next Topic »
Add Reply

-

-
Affiliates

Golden Sun Adept's Refuge Golden Sunrise

Proud member of the Golden Sun united nations!