Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Welcome Veterans, Friends and Family!

Veterans Corner

Michael Isam

We are proud to be able to provide up to date
news and information for all Veterans and family members

We have added a Employment section for those in need

Please check back daily for more information

Thank you for your dedication and support of our Veterans!

Please take the time to register a username and post your support
Add Reply
30 March 2018 Vietnam Veterans Day Ceremony - 10:00 AM - St Augustine National Cemetery
Topic Started: Mar 11 2018, 04:30 AM (6 Views)
Member Avatar
Michael Isam
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
To All Vietnam Era Veterans,

Back in mid-February I forwarded information about a 50th Anniversary of the Vietnam War "pinning" being planned by Congressman Rutherford's staff to be held in Duval County on 24 March 2018.

That particular pinning ceremony has been cancelled due to similar ceremonies ordered by the Veterans Administration to be held on or about 29 March in every National Ceremony in the nation.

The National Cemeteries of Jacksonville and St Augustine fall under the same Director, so it was planned to hold this newly ordered ceremony on Thursday, 29 March at Jacksonville, and on Friday, 30 March 2018 to allow the Director and his staff to attend both ceremonies.

Our ceremony will commence at 10:00 am at the National Cemetery St Augustine, and features BGen Capps as the Guest Speaker to be followed by the laying of a wreath in honor of our deceased brothers and sisters, culmination with the honors of the firing of three volleys by our VFW Honor Guard and Taps.

Following that portion of the ceremony, Congressman Rutherford will be our Keynote Speaker, and his address will end with the issuing of the 50th Anniversary Pins to those whom have pre-registered for the event.

So, once again I solicit your "registration" to include the following information (it will allow the Congressman to personalize the ceremony):
1. Name
2. Unit(s) served with during the war, regardless of location.
3. Service
4. Specialty/Branch

I ask that those of you who previously sent me your information (14 total) to do so again to confirm your availability.

More information on the full program to follow once it is approved by all concerned.

Thank you,

John Leslie
Vietnam Veterans of America
Leo C Chase Jr Chapter 1084
St Johns County, FL
(904) 233-4712
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Veteran's Today · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Theme designed by