Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome To The Christian Fellowship Forums
Add Reply
Overcoming Past
Topic Started: Dec 10 2014, 06:13 PM (194 Views)
CalmGuy
Member Avatar
[ * ]
As of a few months ago I had some unfortunate turn of events and made a lot of mistakes and lost my job. All the drama of mentally abusive parents and recently moving overloaded me and pulled me away from God because I let the new freedom and drama consume me.

But... I came back and got right with God, and prayed a lot for a new opportunity, and what direction to take. After a month of drifting through the hours each day trying to do various odd jobs, I finally decided to pull it together and focus on God and what He wants for me. God has blessed me so much recently with a really great job and place to live. God is obviously blessing me... I was under-qualified for the job, very young for the position, and under-trained yet they are extremely pleased with me and really like me.

They went out of their way to provide me the job and worked with many challenges to my employment and an unfavorable past employment. I am learning new things every day and learning to trust in God and to THANK Him. Once, I thought of prayer as just making requests. Its much more than that, as is any personal relationship. When I started being thankful for all God has given me and work to follow Him each day, my life really took an optimistic turn.

Recently I just learned that some debt payment I have was extended to after my payday for the month, making paying it a breeze. I am picking things up fast at work and my soul is very happy. I am looking to forward to what the feature holds. Things certainly have not been easy, but there have been more blessings than I can count.

Through anything if God is with us and if we let Him, will guide us. As a moderator here I have seen a lot of different stories, and people being depressed and/or going through a hard time. But you can always be thankful for what you DO have and draw close to God by building up the personal relationship with Him.

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Brother_Jim
Member Avatar
Network Owner
[ * ]
amen God is Good

SunFlower
Member Avatar
[ * ]
I know this is a very late reply, but I just rejoined in this forum. I never really got my account deleted from here but I have been away from here for a quite long while ago. I think that there are many threads which will be very helpful and useful for me to read in here, this thread has also been helpful for me to be reading.

Been so many things in the last few years which became also an overload for me, I also felt much alone with my thoughts and didn't feel as I got the support I needed. I also learned through all of this that only God is the one I can fully depend on, I also felt as He reminded me of becoming more the way I was when I was younger. Back then I was a lot on my own also having had very abusive parents, but in my younger years I had a lot more dependance in God alone. I may not have had many humans to go to, but I always knew I could go to God. If I did something bad or said something hurtful to another person, I would immediately go to God with it, truly regret about everything and tell Him about this. It wasn't before later when I started opening more up to people I got known with that I also became somewhat more dependent towards them or perhaps hungry for getting affirmation from humans too.

And it can also be good getting support from other people, especially from fellow Christian believers. I do know this as well. But we should never become too dependent on humans in general, because they cannot be there for us 24/7, but God can! I had a very special faith in God in my younger years, it is funny how I didn't see it before much later. As when I started going to these churches where they are more focused on speaking in tounges, where you are measured on what type of gifts you have, and similiar, I remember I thought I wasn't as special. But I have been given a lot of faith, meaning that I trust God more easily, and He has blessed me with so many clear answers even when I didn't always need getting much. I have met many who have thought I was just some ordinary little person, and when I have shared my experiences and faith in God they have gotten quite suprised or even doubted about if I really did. Because, well, I am not the type of "overly super-duper over-the-top type of Christian", the types you find in many prosperity churches. There they easily judge you from a wordly type of view, as they think more about what personalities fit for this and that type of ministry. And even though one can also find out a lot about where we could fit in with our personality and talents, in the end it has more with God's choosing to do.

We see these examples with when He chose Moses and Jeremiah. Moses was far from great with being a perfect "speech" person, yet God still wanted to use Him. And Jeremiah felt as He was too young and didn't see himself becoming a prophet, but in God's eyes He chose Him out and found Him fit for this calling. In many of these modern churches they look for candidates that are very good with words as well as persons who seemes as great people magnets, not all of these are chosen out by God. As God picks out whoever He thinks right for every different calling, and some may not be seen as fit enough through people's eyes, but through God's eyes they are perfectly fit for their given calling in Him.

We all are special in God, and are given different gifts in Him. I am in the stage of getting back everything which was taken from me for a longer period of time, which was also very confusing to me. I never gave up believing in God, but I had a time where I was doubting my given abilities in Christ. And i really disliked being this way! But well, I am catching more and more back again to me, and becoming stronger in my faith again. I still have my difficult days, but I still work on thanking God even when my feelings aren't always as great. And when I focus myself more on God and keep close to His Word, this helps a lot as well.

But taking one step at a time. And getting more and more recovered in Him, with my hurts as well as with my given faith in Him. Thank you very much for your encouraging words, they are still as efficient now as they were when you wrote them a few years ago. God keep on blessing you!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Praise Reports · Next Topic »
Add Reply