Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome To The Christian Fellowship Forums
Add Reply
This is interesitng unclean and clean meats
Topic Started: Feb 25 2017, 03:33 PM (126 Views)
fthoren
Member Avatar
[ * ]
I was listening to the bible and noiced in
Quote:

Deuteronomy 12:15 :King James Bible
Notwithstanding thou mayest kill and eat flesh in all thy gates, whatsoever thy soul lusteth after, according to the blessing of the LORD thy God which he hath given thee: the unclean and the clean may eat thereof, as of the roebuck, and as of the hart.

also in same book
Quote:

12:22: King James Bible
Even as the roebuck and the hart is eaten, so thou shalt eat them: the unclean and the clean shall eat of them alike.

I was surprised to see that it says in the old testament that eating unclean and clean was ok. Sounds like what we follow today as gentles when we are told not to eat the blood but I don't think the verse I am thinking of that is in acts mentions anything about clean and unclean meats.

I know that I have met Christians that say we are even as Christians to not eat unclean meats. I was under the impression that we can eat any meat just not eat the blood. Any way I think the reason why these laws existed was to keep them from getting sick as there are diseases in unclean meats that can cause one to get sick and he was out of love keeping the Israelites healthy. We cook meats pretty well today so that would not be as much of a concern any way.

Any way why I was really posting this is because of the verses I quoted and surprised me.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

CoramDeo
Member Avatar
[ * ]
Jesus Himself pronounced all foods clean. We are no longer under the dietary restrictions that we given to the nation Israel during that period of time.

fthoren
Member Avatar
[ * ]
That is kind of why I desire to talk about these 2 passages from the old testament.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Bible Study Question · Next Topic »
Add Reply