Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome To The Christian Fellowship Forums
Add Reply
John Frame Quote
Topic Started: Jan 9 2018, 04:39 PM (67 Views)
CoramDeo
Member Avatar
[ * ]
I realized that part of the quote from John Frame I shared in the audio room cut off, so I have included it here:

Quote:

God is good, yet He foreordains evil deeds. We know that these truths are compatible, for Scripture teaches both and God does not deny Himself. We know, further, that the denial of any one may lead to the denial of the other, and in that sense the two truths are “interdependent.” God can foreordain evil only if He himself is good, for in Scripture “evil” is “evil” only by contrast with the goodness of God. God is truly good only if the evil in the world is foreordained by Him, for only if evil is fully controlled by God can we be confident that there is a good purpose in it, and only if there is a good purpose in it can we trust the overall good purpose of God. Scripture, then, teaches us that these two truths are interdependent; they “require” each other. Yet at the same time there is a paradox here.

- John Frame “The Problem of Theological Paradox” from Foundations of Christian Scholarship: Essays in the Van Til Perspective (1979)
[/big]
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

RabbitRedeemed
Member Avatar
[ * ]
That's a good one, but my first thought who is John Frame? I remember praying last year in my own healing process about evil, and why it is and how come it touches us and things like that. I got my answer. The Spirit told me not to waste time what the nature of evil is, just to remember that evil is separation from God. He also reminded me that He takes what is meant for our harm and turns it to good. I'm down for that! :)
Edited by RabbitRedeemed, Feb 4 2018, 07:14 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Bible Doctrine · Next Topic »
Add Reply