Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]


Welcome to Conversations. We hope you enjoy your visit.


You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.


Join our community!


If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
the Web and Islam; google, internet and islam
Topic Started: Jan 28 2015, 01:47 PM (85 Views)
DrLeftover
No Avatar
Veteran Member
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Google has been actively removing videos from Youtube that can be deemed Un-Islamic

Such as the one linked below.

However, the G-empire does not control the entire web, yet.

With Transcript:
http://www.memritv.org/clip/en/2600.htm
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
DrLeftover
No Avatar
Veteran Member
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Quote:
 
On January 9, Zuckerberg posted a message under his own name, taking credit for standing up to demands that Facebook censor images of Muhammad.

“Facebook has always been a place where people across the world share their views and ideas,” Zuckerberg wrote. “We follow the laws in each country, but we never let one country or group of people dictate what people can share across the world.”

He ended his post with “#JeSuisCharlie,” a show of support for the murdered members of the French satirical newspaper Charlie Hebdo who lost their lives in an attack by radical Islamists on January 7.

A week later, Zuckerberg was still defending his condemnation of the attack on the French tabloid and pledged that he and Facebook would continue to offer “a service where you can speak freely without fear of violence.”

But now, only 18 days after his initial show of bravado, Zuckerberg and Facebook have agreed to censor images of Muhammad in Turkey. In fact, Facebook is even censoring the very images from Charlie Hebdo that sparked the terror attacks early this month, the very images Zuckerberg made to support his “#JeSuisCharlie” proclamation.

Still, despite talk of free speech and touting the creation of a service where people can “speak freely,” Facebook has joined with governments all across the world in censoring certain types of speech.



http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/01/28/after-zuckerberg-said-je-suis-charlie-facebook-censors-muhammad-images/
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
DrLeftover
No Avatar
Veteran Member
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Quote:
 
28 Jan 2015

An artwork depicting high-heeled shoes on Islamic prayer mats has been removed from an exhibition after a Muslim group warned of possible violence in the wake of the Paris attacks.

The French-Algerian artist, Zoulikha Bouabdellah, withdrew the work from an exhibition in a northern Paris suburb with a large Muslim population after an Islamic group told local authorities it could provoke “uncontrollable, irresponsible incidents”.

It is considered disrespectful to step on Muslim prayer maps with shoes.

Ms Bouabdellah has replaced the artwork, “Silence”, previously exhibited in Paris, New York, Berlin and Madrid, with a video installation showing belly-dancing to the French national anthem, with swirling red, white and blue shawls symbolising the national flag.

The decision sparked protests from other artists who complained that freedom of expression was being undermined only weeks after 12 people were killed when gunmen attacked the office of the satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo, which published cartoons of the Prophet Mohammed. Another four people were killed at a kosher supermarket, and a policewoman was shot dead near a Jewish school.


http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/11374899/Blasphemous-artwork-removed-from-Paris-exhibition.html
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
DrLeftover
No Avatar
Veteran Member
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Quote:
 
'We will cut off your head in the White House': ISIS threatens to behead Obama and turn the U.S. into a 'Muslim province' in new execution video

28 Jan

Footage shows masked jihadist standing over kneeling Kurdish soldier
Militant tells U.S. President: 'Know, oh Obama, that we will reach America'
Fighter also threatens terror attacks in France and 'it's sister' Belgium
Warns Kurdish leader he will be beheaded before executing soldier



http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2928426/ISIS-claim-execute-Japanese-hostage-24-hours.html
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
« Previous Topic · General Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Aquös by tiptopolive of the ZB Theme Zone