Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]


Welcome to Conversations. We hope you enjoy your visit.


You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.


Join our community!


If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
MH370 Debris To Be Examined, Australia Confirms
Topic Started: Apr 3 2016, 03:00 AM (13 Views)
Webster
Member Avatar
Wasatch Storyteller & Resident Forum Curmudgeon
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
The Guardian: MH370 debris found in Mauritius to be examined by investigators, Australia confirms

Posted Image
Quote:
 
Australia said a piece of suspected aeroplane debris found east of Africa on Mauritius will be examined to see if it is part of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370, which went missing two years ago in one of the world’s greatest aviation mysteries.

Australia has led the search for the plane, which went missing in March 2014 with 239 people on board on a flight from the Malaysian capital, Kuala Lumpur, to Beijing, and the transport minister, Darren Chester, said the debris, reportedly found on Thursday, was an “item of interest”.

“The Malaysian government is working with officials from Mauritius to seek to take custody of the debris and arrange for its examination,” Chester said in a statement.

He did not say from what part of the missing Boeing 777 the debris was suspected to have come. “...Until the debris has been examined by experts, it is not possible to ascertain its origin.”

The Malaysian government could not be immediately reached for comment.

Last month, Australia said debris found in Mozambique was “almost certainly from MH370” and in 2015 French authorities said a wing part found on the Indian Ocean island of Reunion was part of the plane.

Australia said more than 95,000 square kilometres of a 120,000 square kilometre target zone had been searched and the entire zone would be covered by June, when the search is scheduled to end.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · The News Hub · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Aquös by tiptopolive of the ZB Theme Zone