Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Contestant Spotlight #4,5,6,7,8: "Bread Team"; Jeanette Buendia, April Stone, Eloise Winterburn, Brenda Hernandez, & Jhamel Thompson
Topic Started: Sep 13 2013, 07:05 AM (385 Views)
RNN
Member Avatar
Rebecca and Nery (Sotf-Writers)
Today's Spotlight is a big one for much discussion! ~Mostly because it looks like activity & discussion is dying down with every following spotlight thread, but I digress.~

It's time to look into each individual member of an interesting allying between teams partially due to a pre-existing friendship between two of them. A few of the members went on to have their very own short little arcs, SO here is where we talk about all of them.

I'm talking about "Bread" as the fans called them. A partnership between members of the Red and Brown teams.

Contestant Spotlight #4 is: Jeanette Buendia.

Contestant Spotlight #5 is: April Stone.

Contestant Spotlight #6 is: Eloise Winterburn.

Contestant Spotlight #7 is: Brenda Hernandez.

Contestant Spotlight #8 is: Jhamel Thompson.

[Above are all the links to each contestant's profile on the website with clips of their best scenes. Check them out!]

Previous Character Spotlight Discussion was: Marvia Jones.
People can always continue to post or discuss the character from past spotlights in their specified threads, anytime! Even if we moved on to the next one, it's totally fine.

Feel free to discuss anything about these guys! Analyze them, discuss what we like, our favorite scenes, thoughts about their 'run' on the show, their "Game-Play". Anything.

Starting from this thread on, I'll read what everyone discusses first, before posting Thoughts of my Own. :)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Vorpal Katana
Member Avatar
Caution: May be sharp
Jeannette was another person who didn't take the game seriously. I mean, honestly anyone who kills themselves on SOTF clearly doesn't understand the principle. Why off yourself, and in such an anti-TV way? It's not exactly going to earn you fans.

I remember very little about the others except for Jhamel, who at least wasn't terrible but his actions against Karen Ruiz were foolish at best. Attacking her was just begging to get himself killed. I hope he's proud of himself, because it did basically nothing.

Taxidermy
Member Avatar
It's a medical condition
The link for Jhamel goes to Jeannette.

I wasn't really a fan of team brown/red.

Eloise didn't make much of an impression on me.

Brenda tried to act motherly over people who didn't want it.

She ended up dying as a result of her own misplaced optimism at the hands of Karen.

It was stupid of her.

Jhamel died in a completely pointless gesture to Karen.

It was even stupider of him.

April and Jeannette.

I liked April of the two better from the start.

She was cute and sweet.

Jeannette was crass.

Then it looked like she might have some brains.

She was going to take the ten kills.

But then.

Who is she to judge what we like?

Who is this fucking slut to judge the TV that I LIKE? I'M GLAD SHES DEAD THAT STUPID BITCH SHOULD HAVE BEEN GUTTED LIKE THE FUCKING ANIMAL SHE WAS INSTEAD OF MAKE THAT FUCKING STAND OF HERS LIKE WE GIVE A SHIT WHAT SHE THINKS OF US, OF ME, I HOPE SHE BURNS THAT STUPID BITCH.

MadMax9397
Member Avatar

Heh.

STONE
Member Avatar

Wacko.

DahliaBloom
Member Avatar
The littlest flower bud
Uhh, are you okay? That's...kind of an overreaction. o_O

Buttercream
Member Avatar

O_O

Um, well. I thought they were okay. The team had a lot of cute girls. Jeanette and April were really weird, but sometimes kindda funny I guess. In like a random way that's cool sometimes. I felt bad for Brenda when she tried to talk to Karen and she really tried to look after everyone so I was sad when she died.

Taxidermy
Member Avatar
It's a medical condition
Apologies.

ZaneHerder
Member Avatar
Keep calm, and carry a big stick.
So that happened.

Also, RNN, maybe once a week rather than once a day? That may help activity!

The Thing In Yellow
Member Avatar
Administrator
Jeanette at least eventually made a stand, albeit an ill-advised one. She was slightly unhinged, then took that further than she needed to. Sad, but at least not naked-volcano-dive.

Eloise was spectacularly boring, and that is ignoring that she managed the trademarked Oops-guys-I-got-separated right before her death.

Brenda was actually fairly competent, and we have seen appeals to humanity pay off in the past with other killers. She just tried the wrong tactic for the situation.

April was amusing, but did not manage much aside from her time in the group.

Jhamel... Well, I can see where he was coming from. When certain parties go on about poor tactics, I imagine this is what they mean; Jhamel decided to gamble in pursuit of a very uncertain and dubious benefit, and lost. Had he not, he would have stood as good a chance as any of the others of making it off.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Season 65 · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Theme Designed by McKee91 and Lout of ZNR