Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Diehardsonlyfhl. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
PROBATION Rules
Topic Started: Sep 25 2017, 05:58 PM (125 Views)
EugeneNYI - commish
Member Avatar
Administrator
A few things for everyone to note before I describe the new Probation Rule:

1. I have a life too - I have a 16 month old and another child on the way. I work full-time. I have some health issues like I'm sure we all do. I also get very busy and don't have time for some things. I also have emergencies like we all do. Lately, I barely have time for this league as is. I don't have the time, or the desire, to babysit anyone...which brings us to #2 below.

2. I'm not here to babysit anyone - You will never see the Commissioner of the NHL remind NHL GMs that they need to re-sign their players. So why should I do this?
You have responsibilities as GMs: Sign your players, set your lineups, adhere to deadlines, etc. If you can't do that, don't be in this league. I'm very serious. These are not my responsibilities. They are yours.

3. This league is going into its 7th season - That means every GM in this league should know the rules by now. When it comes to deadlines, I give a ton of notice ahead of any deadlines. Therefore, there is no excuse to miss deadlines. You all know how to set lines. You all know how to not ignore communications.

4. Consequences - For 6 seasons there were almost no consequences. I let GMs miss deadlines and not set their lines. This is going to stop starting with this season. That brings us to:

The PROBATION Rule:
A. Once you miss a deadline, don't set your lineup, ignore my or another GMs communications, etc.:
You will go on 3 month probation.

B. What does 3 month probation mean?
If during that 3 month probation you again miss a deadline, don't set lineups, ignore communications, etc., I will have a discussion with our Staff about dropping you out of the league. I don't want to resort to that, but I will if I have to.

5. Activity - All GMs are expected to check Zetaboards and Fantrax at least once every 7 days in-season and at least once in 10 days in off-season. Gms on vacation or dealing with personal issues will be excused from adhering to this rule (as long as Commish is made aware of Gms situation).

None of the above is up for discussion. These Probation Rules will replace our previous Tanking Rules. Thanks!
Edited by EugeneNYI - commish, Oct 10 2017, 07:13 PM.
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Bo_CoyotesGM
Member Avatar

I just wanted to say I totally back Eugene in taking this position. I manage my own league and see the same behavior, typically from the same GMs, every season and it grates on my nerves. And I'm retired and it still pisses me off. This offseason I dropped the defending champ for not meeting my requirements. We both want GMs who want to be in our leagues, we both spend a LOT of our personal time managing the league on top of our OWN GM duties. Imagine our frustration when contract and other decision always come down to the last minute and must include additional reminders. Please be respectful of other people's time. Enough said.
Posted Image

The Desert Dogs are on the hunt

AlexDallasGM
Member Avatar

When you set a deadline people will use right up to the deadline because it's advantageous to do so. Especially in contracts case where you're making a decision that could last 3-4 years. We get many reminder emails, are you bothered by people waiting till the end of the time, or are people actually missing deadlines?
Posted Image

EugeneNYI - commish
Member Avatar
Administrator
2 gm's that started with the inaugural draft and been with this league for 7 YEARS missed the contracts deadline.

It's not ok anymore.

You all had all summer to decide. I get waiting until closer to deadline. But there is no excuse for this. Since emergencies happen sign your guys a day or 2 before deadline and move on
Edited by EugeneNYI - commish, Sep 25 2017, 08:04 PM.
Posted Image

Trevor WPG
Member Avatar

Great plan moving forward.
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · LEAGUE RULES · Next Topic »
Add Reply

JETS---Banner.jpgJETS---Banner---17-18.jpg