Next Lesson: March 5th

Cadet Group 19
Lesson 5 ~ Extended Flights
Next Lesson: March 5th

Cadet Group 20
Lesson 1: Dragon Care
Next Lesson: March 12th
Welcome to Dracadia!

We are an original, dragon bonding RP with influences from Anne McCaffrey (Dragonriders of Pern) and Gary Gygax (Dungeons and Dragons). We offer a new and unique setting, multiple playable races and four different dragon species used to fight against the Ternarium; the evil monsters that threaten to destroy the people of the world. Become a savior and fight to protect the people of Dracadia!

Try the Get Started! button first; located on the submenu at the top of our site. It's the perfect way to 'get started' and join the fun.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
A magical twist; Tag> Briathos
Topic Started: Aug 22 2017, 01:26 PM (117 Views)
Dragon
Member Avatar
All my friends are heathens take it slow....Wait for them to ask you who you know......
He could feel the sweat running down his neck right now as he worked. No one else was in the room with him which was probably a good thing considering what he was doing right now. To his left and right sat Ryth and Lythia, the Hydrakir pair interested in the work he was doing. He had been in here for over three hours now just working on trying to make what he was doing work. It hadn't yet but even his little dragons who were watching could sense he was getting close. But despite how far he had made it into figuring this out, it still was not working. This new spell he was trying to master using the ones he could do though so far it was not working. He was getting more and more tired the longer he worked on it but he was determined to perfect this new idea he had. Something that could prove useful in future fights.

Outside the Fort's main entrance from the the Keepers Barracks end lays a silver dragon who was stretched out in the sun looking rather bored. On her back was a stark red streak, seemingly asleep in the sun right now. Auren was letting little Nylis rest there but she so wanted to go DO something, anything right now. They had had no action in weeks, no fights no drills. Just....straight up practicing. And after every practice for the last week their Keeper had been locking himself away to his studies in the labs, not going home till just after dinner merely to collapses exhausted on his bed. She was worried for him, but she was unsure how to fix it. But maybe....

Thric. Twix, Fey? Can you come make mine get out of that place. I am bored and want to go flying now. Maybe yours can make him stop hiding all the time. Please? she was not normally peevish like this but the winter had her edgier then usual. Maybe Briathos could help......
Offline Profile Qoute To Top

Strifefox
Member Avatar
Something diabolical
You heard her, we need to get Briathos up and to help Auren with her man. He's not behaving again. the dark male said, rolling on his back as he stretched out on Bradley and Briathos' shared bed. Taking up the whole thing for himself, or at least as much of it as he could.

The slender pale female who had been curled up on her own private pillow at the foot of the bed groaned. Ugh...Fine, if we must, but he is not going to like it. Though you insist well enough. Where are they now anyways? Wasn't he out with the big green lug earlier? I think Thric was hungry. she replied, peering out the window and up at the skies.

Yes, but watch me do it. I will call them back. Thric will listen to me if I ask nicely.

Fey chuckled and shook her head as she rolled to her feet and plopped to the floor with a natural grace of her species. Fine, let's see you in action. I will be outside with Auren when you are done being a showboat. she replied and wandered out of the room, heading for the open door to the dragon's den.

Oh Thric! Come out and plaa-yaaaaaay! Bradley needs Briathos. Bring him home now. he cooed to the older Wyvern as he too, slid off the bed and rolled onto his feet. Kind of like a slinky hitting the first step and slipping to all fours before he trotted after his sister.

They would arrive at Auren's side, Fey just looked at the bigger silver female and stretched out beside her paw...and was about the size of her paw. Twix called for Briathos, he will be back shortly and will go get your keeper for you. she said confidently.

As promised, Thric would come winging in over the apartments, buzzing low over with Briathos aboard his back and a large deer clutched in his strong talons. They where headed right for the Fort, and drope the deer carcas before the other dragons outside the apartment. Deer for you. Briathos will get him, we be back soon. he promised as he kept going over.

The pair would land on the far end of the Fort. Briathos knew right where to look for his partner. Where he always would be, in the magic labs. There was a door near here the led into the Fort and wasn't commonly used like the main entrance; more used by the Applicants and Cadets who were practicing magic and needed to get outside for larger spells. He slipped of Thric's back and patted the green's thick neck. "Wait here, we will be out soon." he said to the wyvern who nodded in understanding.

The mesai slips into the door and heads right for the labs. pausing at the doors to watch his lover for a moment. He knew he had been working on a new bit of magic or elemite. Whatever it was, he had no ideas about it and did not pretend to understand sigum and thayer magics. "Have you eaten today?" he commented, finally strolling into the room from behind the blonde man.

Dragon
Member Avatar
All my friends are heathens take it slow....Wait for them to ask you who you know......
Auren looks up as her roommate Thric happily brings her a deer to eat, one she would not have to go find for herself and something she would appreciate. She gives him an appreciative croon and bends down to start eating even as Nylis wakes up with a yawn on her back. Yes thank you Thric. I know yours will bring him out today so we can do SOMETHING besides sit here and do nothing. I am bored of sitting in the sun. she says all this with a huff even as Nylis lifts into the air now to follow Thric. Once the green wyvern lands the lizardling happily lands on his back, nuzzling Briathos' tail a second before the Keeper heads in to bug the other Keeper, allowing Nylis to settle on the still warm spot where Briathos has just been.

Of course Bradley did not hear the other man wander in behind him. He was too deep into trying this new aspect of his spells and skills to even note anyone around him right now. Truth be told the building possibly could have burned to the ground around him and he most likely would not even have seen it. It was honestly only when a voice talked just behind him, so close it was nearly in his ear that he jumped in surprise with a yelp and broke his concentration, slipping out of the spell he had been working with and letting it fade fast before blinking and turning to face his friend and mate, the Mesai male known as Briathos. " I um...I...I.."

He blinks and looks at him confused before shrugging a bit and giving a sheepish grin "Um....Maybe yesterday? Maybe?"

Auren snorts and huffs looking at Twix and Fey when they join her. Bradley is such a horrible liar. he has not eaten in two days now. Yours needs to force food in his mouth. And yes food this time not other things. Yours really needs to not get distracted by things like that. she says with a huff waiting now to see if the other Keeper could make this change, even a little bit.

Strifefox
Member Avatar
Something diabolical
The two little Hydrakir would look up in shock at the deer that fell out of the skies, darting back to avoid being smacked by the thing. Fey snorted softly though, she and her brother..as well as all Hydrakir did not eat meat so there was nothing there for her to snack on. He could have brought flowers or fruit too... she complained while her brother snickered at her. We could go get some ourselves. he reminded her, settling down next to Auren's side with a smug look on his dark face.

Once he landed and had Nylis rubbing into him he blinked, pausing long enough to crouch down and pet his back. "I will bring him out shortly Nylis." he said to the lizardling. Though they were not his dragons, he had lived with them for so long that he found himself talking to them frequently even if they did not talk back all of the time. Briathos knew they understood him.

Briathos rose a brow at him as he jumped and looked at him like a cerve caught in the torchlight. "You should not forget your surroundings like that, who knows what could sneak up on you with your back ungaurded." he said in his dry tone, though Bradley knew him well enough to catch it on it was his own way of being humorous. The small smile twitched at the corner of his lips, indicating he was being playful.

The Mesai's tail flicked realizing that his lover had no idea when the last time he ate let alone rested was. "Then it is time for a break. You need to eat something and take a bath as well...I can smell the labs on you more than I can smell you anymore." he said to Bradley, offering his arm to him. "I am not taking no for answer. Come, we can go eat in the mess hall."

Dragon
Member Avatar
The twin Hydrakir, Ryth and Lythia, look to Briathos as he starts trying to talk theirs into leaving the lab now. Not that the two of them minded his intervention but it was poorly timed in Lythia’s mind. She had felt how close theirs was to that spell and now he would have to start again. Meanwhile Auren was eating her gift now, not all of it though because she wanted to save some for Thric since he hunted for it. Chewing she looks at Twix and Fey with a snort of amusement You two. Twix be nice, Fey go get yourself food you’re a big girl now. she says, trying to get them to not argue.

He blinks his eyes again before calming a bit and frowning “I do not have to defend myself in the magic labs. Besides if you had been a danger Ryth and Lythia would have warned me. They said nothing because it was you and for some reason my dragons enjoy watching me jump.” He says with a sigh looking at the two who look away innocently. He sighs and looks at his lover and wing leader now “Still I was okay, and safe. I promise. It’s just, you know how it is to learn new things….” He says this half pleadingly to his lover now, even as the man starts to talk again.

And tells him he has to take a break, a bath, and eat. He sighs before whining “But I am soooo close to finishing this. If I stop now I will have to work hard to get this far again. I have been working so hard right now. I do not want to lose my progress.” He tries giving his lover the pouty look now hoping he would not force this whole silly food and bath thing. After all he wasn’t hungry and he didn’t think he smelled THAT bad, well at least he didn’t think he did anyways.

Strifefox
Member Avatar
Something diabolical
Feeling small eyes on him, not an uncommon thing but it was rather...unsettling still. Briathos peered to the Hydrakir and tipped his head. "Are they upset with me? They keep staring at me like they might bore holes in my head if they keep looking." he asked in a hushed tone of his lover and roommate. Twix, lifted his head in a smug fashion and looked to his sister with a snicker. Haha, you got told Fey-fey! Now you go get something. I will stay here and watch Auren. Because she is big and nice. he teased. Fey rolled her eyes and bounced into the air with the ease of a leaf on the wind. Fine... I will go find food on my own, but will not bring you any...because you did not come. she replied before winging off.

The Keeper blinked, he supposed that Bradley was right in this. No one would attack him in the labs and he was safer here than anywhere else on the whole world. "I guess you are right, but I just worry is all. You've been in here working so hard that we barely see each other unless it is going to bed." he replied, letting his gaze go from the small twins back to Bradley.

That pouty look had a way of getting to him. He sighed some. "The problem is Bradley... you have been working so hard at getting here, for so long...that you are burning the candle at both ends. Perhaps taking a break to refuel will open the doors to your work once you have given yourself a reprieve." he commented. To him it worked that way anyways. When he used his abilities frequently to try improving them, he would end up unable to conjure the energies he needed to fuel them until he rested and ate.

Dragon
Member Avatar
When Briathos gets a bit paranoid about his little ones looking at him Bradley hides a bit of a smile. It was amusing to him that he could unnerve him like this without even really trying. Though his next words do make the other Keeper sigh softly “I know love I know. But, I really am close to what I was trying to do. I feel like I need to figure this one out. I am so close I can feel it right now. I really want to do this.” And prove to himself he wasn’t losing his abilities, he was not losing his touch and control of his magic.

While he understood what his love was saying, about how he was burning it from both ends and was not doing that well because of it he also realized how close he was to finding this solution. He sighs some looking at his man now shaking his head a bit. “I know you think that but any time I take a break I feel like I fall back three steps. I really have been trying hard to do this alone. Without help. Because I know I can do it and this will help me a lot in a fight. I really need to do this…” But he was really tired. And…well hungry but he was just trying to keep going, determined now to just, do this!

Strifefox
Member Avatar
Something diabolical
He gave his lover a look of concern when he expressed his desire to keep going as he was. Briathos sighed gently and pulled Bradley into a tender hug. The man was stressing himself hard enough and he was concern for his health. "If you really feel that you are falling back, then I suppose that I will support you in your endevours. However....you need to refuel. That you cannot deny. Why not ask your pair to fetch us some water and treats if they can? Some kind of snack to bring your reserves back up enough to energize you. Even I cannot deny my body the necessities, no matter how hard I wish to continue on." Briathos said, tail flicking to the side. Not out of agitation but out of the worry inside of him.

He glanced over to Lythia and Ryth and cleared his throat. They did not always respond to him but he could hope now, that they would share his concern for Bradley. "Would you two mind much? Fetching him a water skin and maybe an apple?" he asked. Something small enough for the little ones to carry for sure and easy enough to find. Moments after he had asked this though, through the wall ghosted an apparition. For a moment, the pale creature was incorporeal before she solidified. Fey had come! She winged over and plopped on the table beside the twin pygmy pair.

Is it working, is his talking helping any? I can help if you need me to. she said to the twins. The feathers of her head flushed back as he preened over them with a deft paw. Like a little queen, she was in her glory with out Twix at her side to balance her. What would you have me do for your bonded? Sweet Bradley needs help and I am here to offer it. of course her arrival was not unnoticed by Briathos who sighed. "It always worries me when she shows up with out Twix...what is she up to..."

Dragon
Member Avatar
Bradley sighed a bit at his love’s overbearing and protective nature. He did understand where the other man was coming from, he truly did, but a huge part of him was just so irritated at being this close to a breakthrough on this new spell and yet again he was getting pulled away from it. The Sigum male would always have a part of him that would strive to work harder then he should and be angered when told he could not do so. But pulled into a hug he could not completely deny the fact he was exhausted, having been overworking himself on this spell for so long he probably did really need a break. Leaning into the stronger and taller male he sighs now “I guess you are right, I could use a small break, if they are willing to provide I suppose?”

The pair might not talk to the Mesai male but they did listen to him and understand what he was saying. After a few moments Ryth yawns and nudges Lythia before they both stand up and stretch as if preparing to leave and get what Briathos was asking for. After all an Apple and water skin were not the hardest of things to find or carry. They could handle it. But just as they prepared to do such they both stop and look to the wall crossed from them as the ghost form and soon corporeal form of Fey appears. When she lands next to them both nudge their feathered heads into her as way of greeting.

The twins shudders their feathers out before rubbing their heads against each other a moment and answering the larger Fey together it seemed It is helping some. But ours is being stubborn. before the snap out of the odd answering together as Ryth thinks alone now YOu could help us get them food stuffs and water. Will you Fey? Of course Bradley stretches some before looking back to Briathos “What worries me more is when my two listen to her. We both know that can be trouble…”
Edited by Strifefox, Oct 26 2017, 10:17 AM.

Strifefox
Member Avatar
Something diabolical
Briathos chuckled lightly. "Of course the would be willing to do that for you. You know they would never deny a request like that." The Keeper replied. He was happy at least that Bradley had agreed to a break. Even he knew when to call it for a few hours when he was working on his ow psionic skills and recover. While he knew little of magic, he figured it had to be just as bad with magic. Drawing on himself to fuel the powers he used was one thing, but drawing on the world itself was a whole new can of worms.

The man looked over and smiled, motioning to the two small Hydrakir in the room. "See look, there they go to fetch you something." he said as the pair stood up and prepared to leave. However, Fey appeared through her usual way of entering rooms. Something he found creepy no matter how many times he watched the Hydrakir just materialize through walls, Briathos just never got used to it. The female Hydrakir creeled happily when she was nuzzled by the smaller pair and nuzzled them back.

She blinked her owlish eyes and made a small rumble. Of course I will help. Come little Ryth and Lythia. Let us get him water and food. she replied and would leap up with ethereal grace, flying towards the far wall only to ghost through it on her way towards the dining hall. The pair likely in tow.

Briathos shook his head, "Better her than Twix. He's the little plotter of them." he chimed back, turning his eyes onto Bradley while the pair were gone away. "Admittedly it is better when everyone listens to Auren. She is the voice of reason in our group of mischief." the Mesai said as he tried to make Bradley smile while they awaited.

It would not be long after, Hydrakir were rather fast truthfully. They would all come back, bringing with them two waterskins and a small basket of berries and sliced apples courtesy of the kitchen staff. Here Briathos. Here is the food you asked for. she said, setting the basket down that she had carried in her mouth. The other two had the skins so they would need to bring them over.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Magic Labs · Next Topic »
Add Reply