Hatching: May 25th

Cadet Group 20
Lesson 4 ~ Ability Training
Next Lesson: May 14th

Cadet Group 21
Lesson 1 ~ Extended Bonding
First Lesson: May 28th
Welcome to Dracadia!

We are an original, dragon bonding RP with influences from Anne McCaffrey (Dragonriders of Pern) and Gary Gygax (Dungeons and Dragons). We offer a new and unique setting, multiple playable races and four different dragon species used to fight against the Ternarium; the evil monsters that threaten to destroy the people of the world. Become a savior and fight to protect the people of Dracadia!

Try the Get Started! button first; located on the submenu at the top of our site. It's the perfect way to 'get started' and join the fun.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
A needed cleaning; Tag Kendryl (Atara)
Topic Started: Oct 7 2017, 10:57 PM (224 Views)
Etlaayz
Member Avatar
The crazy one (Deborah is just weird).
After the bath in, whatever that stuff was, Chinakai really needed a real bath. All through the halls to the bathing pool, people were avoiding her and this was after she had dried off. Whatever it was still reaked, she suspected some magic might be involved with that as well. She had stayed in her hybird from not sure how it would affect her other form (and not wanting it to get on her clothes). But, eventually, she would have to revert to her humanoid form, just to find out if it had any effect on it as well (one of the problems of having multiple forms, is how the effect to one affects the others).

Peeking into the female bath, she was happy, there were no one in there. The last thing she wanted was to gag anyone with the stench. She knew, once she got in the water, the place would be filled with it. She gathered up several towels and a lot of soap sand and some perfumed soap as well. She looked at the clothing basket and smiles since she did not have any.

With a sigh and some resolve, she headed into the bathing area, found the furthest corner, deposited her stuff, took a deep breath and slid into the water all the way. That way she hoped the stench would dissipate before she had to surface.
Offline Profile Qoute To Top

Atara
Member Avatar
Dragon Hearted
Kendryl had fallen in the muck every. Single. Time. But by the last time, she hadn't even hit the surface, she'd gotten so quick at using winds to deflect her fall. She still stunk. And every muscle in her body hurt, from strain and bruises and gods knew what else. She all but whimpered her way into the bath house, stripping quickly. She badly wanted a robe or towel, but it would just get dirty too. Instead, she scurried to the water as quicklu as she could manage, dunking herself in the water before anyone could get a good look.

At home, Kendryl and her family had bathed in private in a wash-basin filled from the well. It wasn't as bad as it sounded. Kendryl's engineer father had rigged it up so that the water always stayed warmed and...well...Kendryl wasn't exactly too big for a wash basin. She missed it, but asking for one here...It would make her sound weird or spoiled or entitled. So she bathed in the Bathhouse, blushing the entire time.

There was already another applicant there, Chinakai. Who had fallen also, but only the last time, when she'd been in another form. It had been one of the most amazing things Kendryl had ever seen, the way she effortlessly shifted into a creature like no other. She wasn't sure the irrepressible Chinakai was even capable of embarrassment, over the fall or the nudity or...well...anything.

"Need a hand with your back? That stuff's gross," Kendryl said, wrinkling her nose. At least it had been cool for a little while, before it just started to stink, "What do you think we'd have to do to be worthy of falling into CLEAN water?" She knew that Master Arc was just trying to train them...but that stink seemed needlessly cruel.
Edited by Atara, Oct 8 2017, 12:59 AM.

Etlaayz
Member Avatar
She was enjoying the warmth when someone else entered the pool. Surfacing she saw that Kendryl had joined her. She felt sorry for the girl. She only fell into it once (and was determined never to do that again), while Kendryl fell into the goop every time around. Although, Kendryl did have an advantage, she was not covered with a very short fine silky fur that was matted with with the goo, as well as, her hair. Chinakai was tempted to clean the water with her gift, but, decided not to. She was, already, in trouble from a few of the stunts she had done before and did not want to add anything else to that list.

When Kendryl offered to do her back, Chinakai chuckled and handed her a small stiff brush, she had brought with her. She muttered, "tell me about it." Replying, "I will do yours if you do mine. But, I think you will have the worst part of the deal. This fur of mine can be a real pain to clean. I would recommend lathering up my back real good, before brushing it. Also, do not be afraid of using deep strong strokes. I want all of this - junk - out of my fur."

She turned and faced the edge of the pool and readied herself for the pain that was coming.

Kendryl's comment about fresh water cause her to chuckle again, "I think they do that to promote not falling. Believe me, after I fell in, I had no desire to do it again! Although, was that stench really necessary?"

Atara
Member Avatar
Dragon Hearted
Kendryl nodded with a groan, frowning, "As if anybody would fall for fun. Isn't public humiliation punishment enough without making us stink? It doesn't seem very fair either. Thayer and crow Kodakai can just...fly away and Mesai can catch themselves with their tails. Or Blink if they're Psion travelers." Sure...Kendryl had used magic to prevent REAL injury and stop her fall that one time...but nobody had ever said she couldn't and it wasn't as good as flying or teleporting.

A small smile quirked her lips as she lathered water and shampoo through the fur on Chinakai's back, picking out as much gunk with her fingers as she could. It wasn't like she could get any dirtier and this was as close as she'd ever come to petting a deer. The fur felt softer than she'd had expected, but somehow entirely natural and Chinakai looked as perfectly at home in this form as she always did. Kendryl couldn't even imagine feeling that comfortable in her own skin, "Hey, what are friends for? And you did better than I did, even with hooves."

Kendryl paused for a moment. She had a question, but she hoped Chinakai didn't take it the wrong way, "Why didn't you shift back before I got here to help? Or use Wild Unity to get yourself clean? Surely YOU don't think you deserve to stink."

If she had the courage, she would say something to someone in charge. Did they really need to make them stink, so that everyone would know they had failed? Kendryl was hardly going to forget how much stronger and agile her classmates were. She didn't need to carry the odor with her as a reminder.
Edited by Atara, Oct 11 2017, 09:43 AM.

Etlaayz
Member Avatar
Chinakai thought about it and agreed, the stench was a bit too much. But, avoiding it?

"I do not know about the Thayers or Psion travelers, but, by the time a Kodakai crow or bat made the change, the would be in the water already. And they would have to wait an hour or so before they could change back. Also, I believe any attempt to avoid the dangers could be considered cheating and they would just have to redo it again."

She did enjoy the shampooing, although, she did groan a bit as Kendryl worked through a heavily matted place in her fur.

"Thank you. I was not looking forward to doing this myself. I was just very lucky." Although, she was more skilled then her, she did not want to rub it in.

She laughed at the assumptions others made about their abilities, "Oh, my Wild Unity can do quite a bit, but, cleaning me is not one. Well - you saw me change. I started out having clothes and no fur and ended up having fur and no clothes. I do not know how it is done - but - well..." She thought about the best way to explain something she was not certain about herself. "In my human form, my fur is inside of me. When I become any of my other two, the fur comes out and any clothes I am wearing goes inside. When I revert back they swap places. The last thing I wanted was to have this," she tugged on a piece of matted fur, "inside of me. I have no idea what it would do in there."

She sighed and waited while Kendryl worked on her back.

Atara
Member Avatar
Dragon Hearted
"True, it wouldn't be very fair, but when has the world ever been?" Kendryl shrugged, as she picked at Chinakai's knot carefully. It was certainly quite a bit easier for her to do with human fingers. And she was so dirty anyway...A bit of extra grime wouldn't hurt her, "Although I guess if flying was allowed, technically they could fly over the whole thing, which seems like it would defeat the point."

She hadn't known there were any limits to the Kodakai's shifting. It looked to her like it should be as natural as stretching, with how easily they walked between forms, "That makes sense, I suppose, that your body needs time and energy to change itself...Does it hurt?" She supposed it was silly, to assume that their magic was free from all rules and restrictions just because the Kodakai sometimes struck her as otherworldly.

Kendryl shook her head with a snort and a laugh, "You also actually know how to move. I don't. Clearly. I've been a town girl all my life, with little more exercise than walking to and from the market. Plus, I'm clumsy, weak and kind of slow. I won't be offended by you saying you're better than me. I hope to get BETTER...but I also know I suck." And she could even laugh about it, now that the dirt was wiping off and she was alone with someone who could be a friend. Better to laugh at herself than to set around moping. Next time, she'd make it at least ONE round without falling.

Kendryl nodded at Chinakai's assessment, "It really works like that? But...what if you forget or don't have time to clean? Could you get sick?"

The idea seemed...kind of horrifying, actually, she thought, nose wrinkling as her eyes raced with possibilities, "Maybe you should see if there's a mage who can make you an amulet to clean you before a shift. I couldn't, as I don't do water or earth, but I bet it's possible."

Etlaayz
Member Avatar
Chinakai laughed, "amen, sister, amen! But, had the world been fair, we would not be here - um - at the fort, I mean. I came here to get away from my mother, and, you came here because you could not find what you wanted at home. So, in a way, unfairness does have its perks."

Chinakai laughed, again, "from what I have seen from Master Arc, he would, probably, have them repeat the course, maybe with extra laps, while carrying extra weights, possibly, blindfolded. He does not seem like someone that would let anyone get away with anything."

"Well, no. It is kind of pleasant. I feel a rush of power followed by a little depression. Nothing serious."

Chinakai shook her head as Kendryl was putting herself down, "Girl - you need to quit putting yourself down. If all you look for is the bad, that is all you will see. Yes, you fell every time around the Gauntlet, but, I saw something else..." She turned to face her and locked eyes with Kendryl, "you - did - not - quit - once! You are a lot stronger than you give yourself credit for. As long as you believe you are a failure, that is what you will be." She turned back around and faced the edge of the bath. She continued in a depressed voice, "just like I was. I could not do anything right in my mothers eyes. Soon I was believing it myself. Fortunately for me, my uncle saw something more in me and gave me this chance. I just hope I have not blown it. To get in I said I was 20, when, I am only 19. A side note - that badger uncle that helped me is my true uncle. He is my mother's father's brother." She shrugged, "which would explain all the badger traits in my mother."

She shrugged, "nobody really knows. I have heard many explanations, but, this is the only one that makes sense." She laughed, "Believe me! I would never forget. Most of the time it was a little dirt or mud that a dip in a pool or a walk under a falls would be enough to clean me. I was never as dirty as I am now. If I was I would do - well - what I am doing now, find someone to help me scrub it out." She tilted her head to one side as she pondered Kendryl's suggestion, "a cleaning amulet...now that is a good idea."

Atara
Member Avatar
Dragon Hearted
Kendryl shrugged uncomfortably as she combed and untangled. Her life hadn't been unfair just...small, "I was luckier than many. I have a home to go back to, full of family that loves me, even if they don't always understand me. I was never hungry. I was well educated. Hard to count that as unfair. Your mother on the other hand...You deserved better." Because that woman...she sounded like somebody who should never have anyone under her control, "I am glad we're here though...even if we are covered in stinky goo."

Kendryl laughed, having been at the receiving end of Master Arc's punishments more times than she could count, "I'm not usually cruel...but there was one Mesai I wouldn't mind seeing being forced to run the whole thing blindfolded. He nearly shoved me off the wall! True...I probably wouldn't have died, since I do know a spell to slow my fall...But he didn't know that. Although from what I've seen of him, he might ENJOY it. He actually did the course again. Can you believe it? I'm not sure if he's a show-off, a masochist or both, but I DO know I will be avoiding him where I can."

Kendryl was pretty sure Chinakai knew just who she was talking about. The same one who was always making a show of himself, because everything came easily to him and he found their lessons dull. Unlike Kendryl, he was just passing the time until he was eligible to become a Keeper, not pushing himself to the limits trying to deserve it. He didn't have to push. Because he was a warrior already. He was conceited and unkind...but Kendryl had no hope of ever catching up to him.

Kendryl looked at Chinakai as if she'd started speaking fluent Elix, "But...quitting wasn't an option. We'd be kicked out...or made to do it blindfolded. How is it persistence when you have no choice?"

"I'll...try though," she said with a blush. It would be nice, to be able to borrow some of Chinakai's confidence and wear it like a cloak, "Want to do it together? Stuff like what you're mother did...it doesn't go away just like that. It was brave of you to escape, however you managed it. Your uncle sounds like a good man. I won't tell. I promise."

Kendryl had questions of course. She hadn't known it was possible for Kodakai of different clans to be related at all. How did it work? Were all siblings of such pairings the same species? And she never would have been brave enough to sneak it underage. What if there was a reason for the age limits? What if Chinakai was caught? Wasn't she scared of what might happen? But...she recognized this wasn't the time for those discussions, so she took a deep breath and said, "Today...I did pretty well with the ice challenge. I didn't slip once. And that one where we had to crawl under the wires...I was good at that one. Being small isn't always so bad. AND I had a great idea for a cleaning amulet, that could help you and other Kodakai. Now you go."

Etlaayz
Member Avatar
Chinakai smiles as Kendryl described her family. She knew her father and brothers loved her. Her mother, she was not so certain about, but, in her heart, she suspected she loved her, in her way.

"Yow were lucky. I know my father and brothers loved me, although, with my brothers, we had a few fights - but - that is just what siblings do. I was thinking about how the others treated you. That is just wrong." She did blush some, "thank you. So am I. The stinky goo, hard runs will not last for ever. Eventually, we will have our own dragons and embark on an even grander adventure."

Chinakai immediately recognized who she was talking about, as if, there could be any doubt. "Ah, you wouldn't be talking about Axios, would you? Well, if he ever bugs you, tell him your are my friend. During the last race, he ran into me and I stumbled and fell causing him to trip. He took it personally. When he grabbed me, I took his breath away - not in the good way. I doubt if he will be doing that again any time soon. Fortunately Master Arc was not around or I could have gotten in more trouble than I was in already."

Chinakai smiled at "Oh? No choice? Have you noticed there are less Applicants around lately? After the Gauntlet, several decided to quit. They did a lot better than you, but, they still gave up. You did not, although, you could have and some think you should have. That is determination! You have what it takes to succeed."

When Kendryl said she would try, Chinakai nodded, "good." Her comment about her mother caused her to sigh, but the comment about her uncle brought a warm smile, "yes, he is." If Kendryl told or not, really did not matter, it would eventually come out.

She smiled as Kendryl mentioned some of her successes, "see that was not hard at all. Try doing that every day, even if it is only to yourself. OK now my turn - well - I could never stay depressed for long. I just accepted the fact I would never make my mother proud of me. But I do know I have made both, my father and uncle proud and that makes me happy. If you have not noticed, I can be quite hyper at times. Some say I could go flying without a dragon. The stuff I put in my pipe is an herbal mixture to help me calm down. That amulet might quite profitable. A little gold is nice."

Atara
Member Avatar
Dragon Hearted
Kendryl smiled gently, "My family didn't mean to upset me. They didn't want me to reach too high and be disappointed or get hurt. And it is a bit funny- a sigum studying magic. Like a pig trying to fly." The thought didn't bother her as much as it once had. Not since meeting Deborah, "I know they're wrong, because I've seen a great Sigum mage at work. But they never had and I hadn't back then either so..."

She shrugged and smiled a bit, "I can't blame them. And maybe they weren't even wrong to discourage me from coming here. I'm certainly no warrior. But I want to be. Someday. So I'll train and smell like goo for the next half decade or so and then someday...if luck smiles upon me or the masters take pity on me...I'll get to go on those adventures too. I won't trip anymore or back down from a fight and I'll have mighty spells and a weapon I actually know how to use. And I'll be happy. Because I'll be somebody I can proud of, someone with a bigger life than awaited me back home."

Chinakai was closer than Kendryl was, no matter her age. She was already fearless and agile and carried her own powerful gifts in her blood. But that was okay. Kendryl liked Chinakai and didn't want her to be left behind too.

Kendryl grimaced, "Who else? I know he's better at this sort of stuff than I am and if they had to pick between the two of us he'd win every time...But I wish they'd just make him practice somewhere else. How's it even fair to make us compete against a Mesai warrior when we're just starting? Don't they have...an advanced obstacle course or something he can do without making the rest of us miserable?"

She was glad Chinakai had fought back. But not surprised. Chinakai, like Deborah, wasn't the sort to stand down in the face of bullies, "I'd have loved to see that. Aren't you scared though? What if he tries to take his revenge and hurts you?" Kendryl didn't want to see Chinakai hurt. Chinakai was the closest thing to a friend she had amongst her classmates. Not to mention, she was kind and brave and overflowing with life and ideas and promise. She deserved better than whatever Axios might do to her.

Kendryl tilted her head. She hadn't noticed, really. Their class was huge, all but overwhelming, "And yet there's still barely any room in the Applicant Barracks.
But why would they leave? Nobody comes here without desperately wanting something..."
Although Kendryl didn't know as much about them as she should. She spent most of her free time in the library or the magic labs. The barracks were a bit crowded for her taste and her room wasn't much better. She'd somehow gotten stuck rooming with a thayer girl who made no secret of it of the fact she really didn't like Kendryl. Kendryl had no idea WHY, she just tried to stay out of her way as much as she could. She tried not to let it bother her, as it was just one more motivation to stay busy and train instead of spending all day hiding out in her room.

"I'm going to stay until I'm too old to stay anymore. I'm not sure it's so much determination as stubbornness but..."Kendryl declared with a set expression and a bit of a laugh, "Whatever it is, you have it too. To not let the rules or your mother or anything stop you."

Etlaayz
Member Avatar
"Most don't, although, mine tended to be a little dysfunctional. What I am surprised the most by, is the Thayers there. Most Thayers I have seen here respect and some even admire Sigums that pursue magic." She shrugged, "maybe we have a better class of Thayers here. Nobody should ever tell you, you should not try something - well - unless it is bad. Because, you will never know what you can do until you try."

Chinakai laughed, "No luck and no pity, you will do it on your own, maybe, with a little help from your friends."

She really wanted for Kendryl to succeed. She always liked and supported the underdog, being one herself. But, Kendryl had a lot going for her. Her magic was awesome! Oh, she had a kind of magic, but, it was fixed. Kendryl's was not, she could learn new things. Chinakai wished she could, but, could she? Nobody, she knew of, has ever tried.

"Kendryl, would you teach me magic?"

She sighed and sympathize with Kendryl, "regrettably, we can't pick who we train with, well, most of the time. We have to grin and bear it. Hoping for the best. The good news, this will not last forever. Once you get your dragon, you can kiss Axios good by." She soon realize if Axios, also, got his as well, they would be in the same Cadet classes. She planted her face in her hand, "well - maybe not."

She grinned deviously, regrettably, Kendryl could not see it, "I don't think he would, but, if he does, he is in for a big surprise."

Rolling her eyes, she shook her head, "oh they desperately wanted something, fame and glory. But, when that found out it was going to take some serious work to get it, the decided it was not worth it. I, on the other hand, knew it would take some serious work, as I suspect you did."

She laughed, "that we do and may the gods have mercy on the Ternarium when we become Keepers. Which, I have no doubt will happen. Maybe not this time or the next, but it will happen. By the way, how are you doing with my back. Is it done yet?"

Atara
Member Avatar
Dragon Hearted
"They were who they were," Kendryl shrugged, "There weren't many Sigum living there and the ones who were mostly just kept things running. Here...here everyone's mixed, as close to equal as our respective natures allow us to be. It's not like that everywhere. Maybe it would have been different if I'd been someone less ordinary." She smiled, "But if things had been different, I might not have come. I have a good teacher here, a Sigum, like me. I don't wish that some Thayer neighbor with his nose in the air had taught me instead, thinking of me as a sideshow instead of a student like any other."

She laughed at Chinakai's assertion and attempted a bit of humor. Kendryl wasn't usually the joking sort, but Chinakai had life and spirit and it was hard not to get swept away in that energy and want to have a bit of spark too, "Well then I'd better get to work so I don't come to my dragon permanently smelling of muck."

Kendryl's eyes widened at the question. Chinakai...Learn magic? She'd never heard of such a thing but..."Of course I would. I don't promise you'd be able to use it. Mesai can't, no matter how hard they train. But I've never heard of a Kodakai even trying so...why not? It'd be fun."

She frowned for a moment, a thought flickering across her mind, "But you should probably ask Master Lori if you're serious about learning. To do something that's never been done...You should go to a master. Not an apprentice. And my teacher swears by her. If anyone can teach you...it'll be her."

Kendryl nodded, "Yep...he's definitely going to get picked, I fear. He's...one of the better fighters, despite being an incurable dunderhead. Oh well. I'm probably waiting at least a clutch so...He'll be out of my hair once eggs are laid. And...if you're right...at least the glory seekers are gone." Although she doubted many had come for fame alone. There were easier ways of achieving renown, without risking death or dismemberment. Like being a minstrel or an inventor or a playwright...She thought if anyone had left...they'd probably just been scared or homesick. It didn't matter. They were gone and wouldn't be hurt by a few snide whispers from Chinakai. Who thought Kendryl deserved to be here.

"And yes...I knew it would be hard," she said wistfully, as her skin wrinkled and her eyes swam, "But it's been different than I expected. I wasn't expecting not-falling to be the challenge...And you have just one more knot...You may not have fallen as many times as I did but with your fur...I bet it'll feel nice to shift back to clean human skin."
Edited by Atara, Oct 26 2017, 09:15 PM.

Etlaayz
Member Avatar
Chinakai smiled, "I am glad you did come and found yourself a teacher. Had you not, this place would be a little - well - boring." She really liked Kendryl and felt a bit sorry for her. Anybody who had to deal with that Axios needed a some sympathy, but, Kendryl was handling it better than she would have.

Chinakai just laughed at Kendryl's reply, "I - think - we might have enough time to get all that muck out. Either way, we will be smelling like roses." She pointed to a small box of rose scented soap sand. Just because she was Kodakai, does not mean she did not like to look or smell nice. But with all this water, soap sand and scrubbing, her finger and toe names will be ruined - oh well - she would just repaint them. A nice idea popped into her head. Although, she does not remember ever seeing Kendryl with painted names, she might like to have some.

Looking over her shoulder, still smiling, "do you have anything against doing your nails? If not, how about I do them for you? I am considered by some (mostly her) to be a nail artist." She would not do her toe nails, unless she asked, that might be a little too bold for Kendryl's taste.

"Oh, if I want to learn real magic, I would definitely seek out a master, but, at the rate I have seen you doing, you might be that very soon. I just wonder can a Kodakai learn magic. We do have a sort of magic, I just wonder if it is the same." She was not one to take things she was told at face value. She has been told she could not do something, only to find out she could. Anyway, she would try almost anything once. Who knows, she might become the first Kodakai mage. Would not that be good. Finally, something she could show off to her mother.

Chinakai shrugged, "It not so much how good of a fighter you are, but, whether you can work with others. In the time I have been here, I have seen good fighters passed over simply because the would not work with others. If Axios does not rein in his ego, he could be passed over as well." Although, she would not be too unhappy with him being skipped, losing a potential warrior would be a shame.

Chinakai giggled some, "if that is the worst of your challenges, I would say, you have it made. Ah - yes, fur. It can be both a blessing and a curse. The same could be said for skin. Ok, when you are done, we will swap places and I will do yours. I will be gentle. I do know how sensitive skin can be, having some of my own."

Atara
Member Avatar
Dragon Hearted
"Ooh! Is that scented soap? I swear I haven't smelt good since I left home," Kendryl sighed. She missed smelling pretty. True, she'd known what she was in for but...Couldn't she have sore muscles and training from hell without smelling rank all the time? "Where did you find it? And I'm glad you came too. It'd be too quiet without you. Gods do I miss not being sweaty and stinky all the time...How do Keepers always look so poised and together?"

Was it some gift the gods gave them the day were chosen? Or did they have it all along? That way of always looking poised and together, even when coming straight from a battlefield. She grinned at Chinakai's suggestion of nail polish, "Oh I would love that! I've never been much for primping but with how much they put us through here...I wouldn't mind feeling a bit pretty and pampered and feminine for a while. Ooh! And I could braid your hair."

True...Kendryl had only braided her sister's hair before, but how hard could it be? "We can have a spa and spells night. It'll be fun. We'll groom, tell scary stories and experiment with how much our magics overlap. Maybe you can show me some spells too. Sigums can't normally copy Mesai magic but we can do Thayers and if we're going to experiment, it should go both ways."

Kendryl shrugged as she carefully worked through the last knot, "I think it's a bit both. The Keepers are a military force. They need soldiers, not people who are good at cheering their wingmates on. You may right though...I can't imagine Axios working with ANYONE if you held a knife to his throat. He seems to think all of life is competition. It's actually a little sad. I wonder if he's mean because he's lonely. And...you're good. Want to shift back or enjoy your fur for a while longer?"

Kendryl laughed at Chinakai's joke, "Have you SEEN me practice? I'm terrible. But if I stopped falling...I think that'd be a good start. Maybe I should take an acrobatics class or something. I think a lot of my problems really come down to the fact that I'm just not really much of an athlete. I never have been. Which...I probably should have fixed before coming here, but I never thought it mattered that much and it's a bit late for that now. Do you have anything you wish you could change?"

Etlaayz
Member Avatar
"It sure is. There are boxes full of all different kinds of scented soaps and oils out in the front. I mean, have you ever smelled a stinky Thayer? Well I did once. She got sprayed by something really bad and tried different scents to mask - which - only made it worst. Finally, she hid in her room until it wore off." Of course, Chinakai never mentioned she was the one that slipped that really stinky stuff in with the Thayer's other ointments.

Chinakai giggled, "yes a girl needs to be a girl every so often, just to keep sane. I saw one Mesai, so dolled up, it was ridiculous. I laughed so hard, my side hurt. Fortunately I was in my deer form or my butt might be hurting as much as my sides." Chinakai was liking the idea of having a spa day, "Ok, then it is a date - um - sort of. We will pick a free day we have in common and go to the spa. I know they give out coupons for free or discounted services. I will see if I can find a couple. Ah - braiding - well, we will see." She has never braided her hair, preferring it to hang free, but, there was always a first time.

Kendryl's remark about Mesai magic brought a chuckle out of her. It was evident Kendryl has never really met a Mesai until now. "Mesai do not do magic, their's is gifts of the mind. I do not know if you can do mine. Some is like the Mesai and some is like the Thayer, but, I am game if you are."

Chinakai had to agree with Kendryl's assessment of Keepers, "true, there is a balance between skill and the ability to work with others. But, with Axios, I truly doubt he would take orders from anyone other than a Mesai and, even then, I am not all that sure."

Chinakai felt a little sad for him as well, but, he did earn quite a bit of his problems by himself.

"Ah, I think I will stay furred for a while, I have not done my front yet."

Chinakai joined Kendryl, laughing, "yes I have and you have made falling an art form. I have seen you do some quite spectacular falls. But, when you learn not to fall, you will solve most, if not all, of your problems. It is never too late to learn."

She sighed sorrowfully, "yes, my relationship with my mother."

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Bathing Pools · Next Topic »
Add Reply