Hatching: May 25th

Cadet Group 20
Lesson 4 ~ Ability Training
Next Lesson: May 14th

Cadet Group 21
Lesson 1 ~ Extended Bonding
First Lesson: May 28th
Welcome to Dracadia!

We are an original, dragon bonding RP with influences from Anne McCaffrey (Dragonriders of Pern) and Gary Gygax (Dungeons and Dragons). We offer a new and unique setting, multiple playable races and four different dragon species used to fight against the Ternarium; the evil monsters that threaten to destroy the people of the world. Become a savior and fight to protect the people of Dracadia!

Try the Get Started! button first; located on the submenu at the top of our site. It's the perfect way to 'get started' and join the fun.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
New life - New wing, hopefully.; Briathos (Strifefox).
Topic Started: Nov 13 2017, 06:59 PM (113 Views)
Etlaayz
Member Avatar
The crazy one (Deborah is just weird).
Jameril had a couple of rough days, with the sea trip here and the meeting with Keeper Mari, he needed to vent off some of his anger and frustration. In fact, the past year has been really lousy. He has vowed no more of those secret missions, no matter what they say. That one was the last. Also, no more get rich quick schemes as they tend to backfire on him. He has been fortunate, so far, but, did not want to press his luck. With all the rumors floating around about him, he had to be on his best behavior, Mari showed him that.

At the moment, Geos was out with a couple of his new dragon friends learning about the fort and the best hunting grounds. Although, he had feed before leaving, it would not be long until he had to feed again. When he found out the the Kodakai can take on animal forms - especially deer, he was worried he might accidentally eat one. He was relieved whe he was assured it would not happen, the last thing he wanted was to nibble on a new friend.

Jameril smiled at Geos' concern, for such a fierce warrior out in the field, he was as gentle as a kitten at home. Jameril was a bit envious of Geos' ability to make friends anywhere with anyone. One wing-mate once mentioned, in humor, sending Geos to the Ternarium might end the war as he made friends with all of them. He knew the pull of the darkness, but, anytime he got near the edge, and that happened more times than he would like to admit, he sensed Geos standing in the light concerned about him. There was nothing over there worth hurting his best and only friend. Geos has been and always will be his saving grace.

He decided to go red and mahogany this day, with a red silk shirt and ruby pendant earring. Strapped to his back were two of the common rapiers with the hilts over each shoulder and strapped to his belt was his pride and joy - Nightstar. Squaring off against one of the practice dummies, he pulled the two rapiers on he back and delivered a barrage of precise blows.
Offline Profile Qoute To Top

Strifefox
Member Avatar
Something diabolical
It was not often these days that Briathos found himself heading into the fort to use it's practice arena as he preferred to use more wide open places so that he and Thric could manage maneuvers. It also was more useful for him and the twins since they really needed the space while in Bezerker form. Today was a little different though, as they were going to work on something different. Wraith form was just as important and he always felt closer when they fought like that, so he wanted them to work on it again.

This will be fun! I want to be ice this time, you be fire Fey. the male chimed, tail thrashing happily as he winged along over the head of his bonded Keeper.

Fey rolled her eyes, puffing her feathers up along her head and neck. Her brother always got under her scales some times. Does it matter Twix? But fine. I can be fire. she relented.

Briathos, hearing there banter just shook his head. "We are going to work on more than that you two." he reminded them as they walked in through the entrance archway into the arena only to see another Keeper already here and working. It was Jameril, one of his newest wing mates who had transferred in from another Fort.

"Afternoon." he spoke to the Thayer, letting his presence be known since it was dangerous to sneak up on a weapon bearing man or woman.

As he comes in to the clearing, Twix lands on his other shoulder; sporting the twins as he was, tended to make the Mesai man look a bit more imposing. "I hope you don't mind if we share space with you a little today."

Etlaayz
Member Avatar
Fortunately, the fort builders used a basic floor plan for each fort, so, this fort was as he had expected, only, quite a bit larger and quite a bit newer. Navigating around the fort was fairly easy. It was the Bazaar and residential areas that proved a problem as, each one is unique to the fort they were attached to. There were several times a guide would have been helpful, especially in the residential sector. Fortunately, he was able to get most of what he wanted at a reasonable price. But, with the humidity here, he would probably go on another shopping trip soon.

He was sweating from the effort and suspected, until he got more accustomed to the humidity here, that would happen more often. Wiping his brow, he looked over his work with some satisfaction. Had that been a real Gray, it would have been very dead. But, he would have been very sore, as well. In most of his missions, he needed cunning and stealth since he was fighting a few targets. But, on the battlefield he needed to be more agile and quicker. Well, nothing a little, or maybe a lot of, practice would not help.

Hearing a voice behind him, he turned to look over his shoulder. Behind him was a Mesai with golden eyes and two birds on his shoulders. Upon further examination, he realized they were not birds, but a pair of Hydrakirs. He pointed to them shaking his finger in contemplation. "Are those Hydrakiers? I have never had the privilege of fighting with them, but, I understand they can be quite impressive in battle."

Stepping back spreading his hands while bowing his head, "Please, be my guest."

He was, actually, hoping to see them at work.

(( Since this is a chance meeting, he would not introduce himself immediately. And I really do not want him to know who he is talking to yet, not, until he has the opportunity to put his foot in his mouth. ))

Strifefox
Member Avatar
Something diabolical
Well the Hydrakir were not 'on' his shoulders per say but had been flying over him. They were light weight but far to big to be riding him. They were standard size making them around the build of a medium sized canine. When asked if they were Hydrakir, he gave a nod. "Yes, they are and if you haven't seen that breed in combat yet...you'll be in for a bit of a shock. We were actually going to practice some maneuvers today and you are free to observe." he told Jameril. Getting to show off the skills of his bonded pair was always a delight honestly. If Thric had been with him today, he might have had some competition for attention but the Wyvern was otherwise in dispose. The green Thric was still napping after a hard earned hunt and meal.

Briathos would roll his shoulders, doing a bit of stretching before he would start working today and his smaller dragon pair were no different. They stood on the ground next to Briathos and were flexing out their wings and legs to get good and limber.

As he finished his stretches, Briathos would draw his blades and whistle twice. Once for each Hydrakir and both Twix and Fey knew the quick signal for entering their blades! They flew up quickly and dove at the swords only to vanish into the master-worked steel as if they had never existed in the first place. One blade burst into an orange glow with pale red flames wreathing it's length from blade to hilt. The other sword frosted over quickly and smokey tendrils of cool air pooled off it's length and left small bits of crystallized ice trailing down Briathos fingers. It did not seem to bother him.

The Wing lead smirked a little and took a position with his newly empowered weapons and started to go through his patterns. Fighting with dual blades was never an easy task but he had something special to his movements. Briathos was graceful as a Thayer when it came to his foot work and blade movements, the type of fighting he used looked a little reminiscent of an old Thayer style of fighting called blade dancing, though there was a touch of something unique to it. Something he had developed all on his own.

Briathos moved like a ghost practically as he swung at imaginary targets and ducked false attacks that were not there. A never ending cycle of movement - even when dodging, he only rolled into a new attack and kept up his momentum so that he never stopped or waiting to see what would happen. Truly a strangely beautiful thing to witness. No wonder he was a Wing Lead and had bonded to a unique set of dragons who only fueled his style!

Those ice and fire vapors would cause hellacious damage to any foe unfortunate enough to get in his way.

(Well to be fair. Jameril might not introduce himself formally, but he is in Briathos wing and Briathos knows that he is knew to the fort, and is likely his knew Wing rider simply through deduction :D he will give him time to admit to it :P)

Etlaayz
Member Avatar
Jameril watched with some amazement as those Hydrakirs melded with the blades. One being engulfed in flames while the other encrusted in ice. Truly an impressive sight. He had heard bits and pieces of what they could do, one was the behemoth they could become, but, this was equally as impressive. He kepi a respectful distance as the Keeper went into his battle dance. He could see some Thayer style and Mesai style, as well as, a style all his own. He was very proficient fighter and glad he was on their side. He can only hope his wing leader was as good.

Oh, Jameril knew he was good, but, he, also, knew he was not as good as he use to be nor he should be. Maybe a sparing partner, especially, one as good as this Mesai was, might be what he needed.

"That was some very impressive fighting skills. I noticed some Thayer moves in there as well. Those Hydrakirs - I only heard about the behemoth form they can take on, not the ability to become one with a blade. They are more formidable then what I understood them to be."

Jameril paused and thought about asking him, since, he really did not know the guy. Still a good sparing might burn off some of the extra energy he had.

"Would you mind having a sparing partner? Fighting wooden manikins does help control your blows, but, it does not help with the timing or moves nor what you need to improve."

Strifefox
Member Avatar
Something diabolical
After he went through his patterns and practices, Briathos had paused to drink from his water skin. Of course the moment his blades were sheathed, the two creatures slipped out of the swords and slithered on the ground to take a break. It was hard work staying in a weapon and infusing it with any amount of power. Twix and Fey definitely showed they were tired from the little work out and it was likely the reason that Briathos was getting them to practice and work out. They needed to build up some endurance.

The man looked up to the Thayer who complimented his style and gave him a polite bow of his head. "Thank you, it's taken me many years to perfect my art and I still feel like it could use some work, though I tend to be more critical of my skills." admitted Briathos. He never gave himself credit for his strength and skill and always pushed himself to be better. To improve himself more each day. It was a good thing in some aspects, to never think he was good enough because it pushed him into working harder and bettering himself with each waking moment of his life.

When he talked about the Hydrakir's though, he was still not as knowledgeable as he wanted to be about them. "Ah. There I do agree. They are impressive little creatures no matter what size they are. You would not think they could do so much being so light and small. I mean at least lizardlings have the elemental powers on there side to make them formidable on the battlefield but there kind," he said motioning to Twix and Fey. "Are subtle and do not outwardly show unless they want you to see it." Briathos added.

Then came the big question, The man was asking for a sparing partner with him. This was something he tended to be quiet picky about. More than once he had been burned with that request; either someone who was not up to par with his abilities was hurt in the match, or in the reverse, he was forced to go up against someone far superior who pushed him too hard and he ended up hurt. This was usually the case with fighters who naturally enhanced fighting with magic. Something he was not so apt at countering.

He paused and rose a brow. "I would prefer to be more familiar with a person before I take such an offer. You haven't even formally introduced yourself to me." Briathos replied.

Etlaayz
Member Avatar
Jameril noticed the little Hydrakiers looked tired after that practice. Was it their nature or that they were still youngsters. He was hoping for the later. When Geos started out, he was quite weak, but, with time, practice and several battles, he built up his skills, stamina and endurance.

Jameril heartily agreed with the Mesai's remark about skills, "I whole heartily agree. Most of the really good Keepers are never satisfied with their abilities and are constantly trying to improve. I have, also, noticed, those that become satisfied, also, become a danger to those around them."

He smiled as the Mesai bragged on his Hydrakiers. He is just as guilty of bragging on his Geos, as probably every Keeper was. They believe their dragon is the best that can be. His description of their abilities, raised them up a notch.

With a bow of respect to the Hydrakiers, he commented, "I hope they do not take this the wrong way, but, the best weapon is the one the enemy underestimates. From the sounds of it, they are as good, if not, better then most I have seen."

When The Mesai remarked he would like to know the person better before sparing with him, he nodded. That was a reasonable request. Although he was Thayer, he was not one for formalities and tended to forget them at times.

Crossing his arm in front of him he bowed at the waist, "Keeper Jameril Sun... ah, DuSolarium of the Wyvern Geos. At your service."

Standing up straight, he continued, "I have just arrived here from Fort Ardia and am, still, trying to get my bearings."

Strifefox
Member Avatar
Something diabolical
The Mesai took a swing of water from his side and tipped his head towards the Thayer with a nod in return. "Satisfaction with ones self leads to laziness and remarkably annoying behavior." he commented, having recently delt with a young Applicant with a big head on his shoulders had brought that little revelation up for Briathos. He was not going to let anyone in his wing end up like that if he had a say in it.

He smirked, always excepting compliments on himself and his dragons with ease. He wasn't terribly egotistical outwardly, but he was definitely ego driven. "Yes well, they have both worked hard to attain the level of skills they have and it helps that we have worked on bonding exercises as well. I make sure that we are as close as we can be." Briathos explained. This was true enough about him as well. Many Keepers (not all but most) didn't practice daily exercises to strengthen the connection between Keeper and dragon. They never moved onward from Cadet level connections; Briathos on the other hand worked on communication and pushing boundaries with his dragons all the time. Strengthening the bonds.

It was confirmed when the name was spoken, that this man was his newest wing entry. Though the pause and switch with the title name caused Briathos to raise a brow for a moment. He let it slide for now. "Ah yes, you are the newest to Gloryblade. I am Briathos, the wing lead of Gloryblade. This here is Twix and Fey; my first bond though was to a Wyvern as well." he said having a partial bias towards the middle dragon species. "Thric is not here currently. By now I imagine he is asleep in his den." the Mesai explained; then offered his hand to Jameril for a hearty handshake.

"It's nice to finally meet you and welcome you into my wing."

Etlaayz
Member Avatar
Jameril chuckled at the Mesai's comment about, laziness, "Ah, yes. Lazy people can be very annoying." He did not mention who he was referring to. No need to put Geos in a bad light. He has been working on Geos' laziness, to no avail. Geos will, always, have that lazy streak in him.

He could relate to hard work. There were many a time Geos and him worked their butts off trying to get a maneuver just right and several of those time Geos was about to quit. That was the time he offered a reward if Geos would keep on going. A reward he always delivered. Actually, the rewards has become sort of expected from him. He has been trying, with some success, to ween Geos off them.

As for bonding, they have tried several different styles finding which work in what situations. The have even tried to send images to each other, not as successful as he had hoped.

When Briathos finally identified himself, he gave a chagrined look. He was about to ask him if he knew Briathos, only now to find out her was him all along. He wondered just how he sounded. He, also, wondered, just how much Briathos knew about him, probably, everything. With the encounter with Keeper Mari, he had realized, he had a lot to live down.

He accepted the hand shake with a hearty one of himself, "well, that does answer one of my questions. I was about to ask you if you knew Keeper Briathos."

He did noticed Briathos raised brow, "I was a Sunstone a lot longer that I have been a DuSolarium. It will take me a while to get use to my new name." If he wanted to know why the new name, he would tell him, but, he did not think it was all that important at the moment.

The fact, he was welcomed int his wing, was a good sign.

"My Geos is out with a new friend here, probably making other new friends. His ability to make friends is - renown? One even claimed we could end the war by sending him to make friends with the Ternarium. Thank you for the welcome."

Now for the big question, "is there anything you would like to know about me?"

Strifefox
Member Avatar
Something diabolical
The Mesai winglead just nodded firmly. He had that sense of reserve and withdrawn stoicness. If he sensed anything in Jameril's comment, he did not make it known if he knew what he was talking about or not. After all, he was one of the toughest wing leaders when it came to forcing long practice hours on his wingmates and kept them in tip-top shape. Despite the lull in need for the Wings, Briathos refused to let his wingmates loose there edge and made sure they more than made up for the lack of action with more practice. Lazy, was not an option for a man like Briathos.

One he completed the handshake, Briathos did chuckle slightly at the Thayer's comment. "I would hope that I know myself. If it was I that you were looking for than you have found me." he replied and listened to the man explain his recent change of title name. The Mesai was not aware of people changing title names before though had heard of circumstances such as marriages of families or even adoptions. Which ever it was for Jameril, he wasn't going to pry. "Very well then, Jameril DuSolarium it is."

The man shrugged a little, used to social dragons in his wing. His own Thric was a bit of a social bug himself and it was not an unfamiliar idea. "Aye. I know the annoyance myself of dragon kind running off to make new friends. Thric is just as bad honestly. It would not keep me from welcoming you into my ranks." he replied as he finally sheathed his blades and used the back of his arm to wipe the sweat from his brow. Fey and Twix, were still winded and taking time to relax now as the two humanoids spoke.

"So, what is your specialty in combat? I would like to learn a bit about you from you, rather than your transfer papers so I know how you can serve my wing."

Etlaayz
Member Avatar
From the looks and sounds of him, he is one that works his wing's butts off, which is fine by him. He had all sorts of wing leads and seconds. One was so much by the book, they butt heads a lot. There was one that was to lax for his liking. All in all, most were more than capable, although, they all had trouble keeping him in line. He began to wonder if this, Briathos, could. He, quickly, squashed that thought. He was not about to give him the trouble. But, after giving him the once-over, he was certain, if he ever did, Briathos would be able to chew him up and spit him out, all without breaking into a sweat.

He grinned, "I would hope you did too, but, I have seen too many that did not really know themselves." His grin took on a more sheepish look, "actually, I was hoping to have this meeting tomorrow after a good nights sleep. Today was pretty rough for me. The boat trip then meeting that Thayer women that knew way too much about me that I would like. Then meeting my grand uncle. It has been quite a stressful day. I am not my charming self, but, what is done is done."

He bowed with some pride as Briathos accepted his name, "thank you. As I understand it, DuSolarium is a vary honorable name and my grand uncle and I might be the last ones to bear it. I just hope it is not so."

Jameril smiled some, "I do not see it as much an annoyance as it keeps him happy and out of my hair when I am with a lady friend. Actually, I am quite envious of his ability to make friends. I do not make friends easily."

"Like you, I am a blade man and have used double-handed swords down to butter knives and everything in between. Even a few Ternarium weapons. I am quite skilled in fire magic and am planning to get my master's certification soon. My Geos is a water Wyvern."

He gave a wicked grin, "now some questions for you, since you are here, such as, when is the next wing gathering and what do you expect from Geos and me? From what I have seen, you are not a slackard, which is fine by me."

Strifefox
Member Avatar
Something diabolical
"Charm is not important to me. It is what you can do and what you are willing to do." he replied coolly, not showing much more signs of emotional response to his explanation of why he was not on top of his game. "If you feel you need to rest up, I suggest you do before practice tomorrow with the wing. I will not go easy on you just because it is your first day with our group." Briathos added. He was the kind of man who thought that trial by fire was the best. People either sank or swam, and in his wing everyone better know how to swim!

He shrugged when he state his title name was of some honor. "The only names I know of in the Thayer people are eight Queens that lead your people if I am to be honest so if it holds some sway, I wouldn't know." he admitted, any other title name was to him as a bird's real name was. Briathos didn't really care as it did not mean much to him. They were Thayer and he was Mesai.

He glanced at his two who were curiously hanging around and had finally recuperated from the last effort they made "These two are simply young and ambitious...Thric is the social one who adores the company of others." he replied, peering back to Jameril. "As for the company of lovers...as I am sure that is what you mean by 'lady friend'. Mine don't seem to mind much, though Bradley live's with me and we share an apartment..it's...slightly over run by dragon kind." he admitted with a small smile pulling at the corner of his lips.

The Mesai listened as his new wing rider explained his abilities and training. Nothing out of the ordinary but the mention of using Ternarium weapons turned his lip up slightly in a snear. "I see, well then you should do just fine with Gloryblade. We are prompt and regular with training. Daily sessions of formation practice is mandatory as is private time or paired weapons training. You think you are up to the challenge?" asked Briathos.

Etlaayz
Member Avatar
Spoken like a true wing leader. Charm has its place as does respect and ability. But, on a wing, respect and ability are premium. He knew he was going to like this Briathos.

"Oh, I intend to. We will be bright and chipper in the morning. I hope not," he frowned, "I have had too much of that already." The last wing leader was not as tough as he would like.

He was surprised Briathos knew the eight queens. It did not seem like something a Mesai would know. He shook his head, "I am not surprised. Although, I am a bit surprised you know all eight queens. I only know two of them. The again," he said with a shrug, "I am not into politics."

When Briathos said they were 'young and ambitious', Jameril smiled. He could remember a time he was young and ambitious, but, a lot of time and experiences has passed since that time. Now that the two Hydrakiers were recovered, he bowed his head to them, "Greetings Twix and Fey. I am Keeper Jameril DuSolarium of the water Wyvern Geos. I am glad to make your acquaintance and would very much like to see you both in battle."

Looking up at Briathos, he smiled, "then, we better keep Thric and Geos separated, or we might not ever see them again."

He smiled when Briathos mentioned lovers, but, rose a brow when he mentioned he had one. Jameril was not one to judge and it was not any of his business. All that mattered was how the performed in the field and in battle, what they did on their free time was their business. Although, with two keepers in a single apartment, he could see it being a bit crowded.

"I was thinking more like dates. I am not ready to settle down with a lover, much less, a mate."

He took on a more serious look, "just give me a place and time, and we will be there. Up to the challenge? Maybe not. Our last few missions have been pretty light, but, some serious training and exercise should fix that."

Strifefox
Member Avatar
Something diabolical
He snort laughed when Jameril was shocked that he knew the names of royalty. "I took the time to study the royal family names of all the races so that, as wing lead, I am able to properly understand all my charges." he replied, giving his reason for knowing what he did know. Granted, he wouldn't know much more than the names and probably where each crowned kingdom was, but it was enough for him.

The twins looked up at Jameril as he addressed them, Twix, as usual, was first to respond. Did you see? Did you see how good we were? he asked the Thayer with a devilish and toothy maw spreading into a grin. A bit of an unsettling smile too since it was draconic and full of needle sharp teeth. Fey rolled her eyes and huffed. Of course he saw, how did he not see. Silly Twix...hello Jameril. Where is your Geos? she asked, pawing the ground as she rose up on all fours and stretched her lean body out like a feline.

The Wing lead smirked a little and shrugged "I am sure he would come back but I agree that if they run off for a while, I know that he is in good company." he replied. Thric was a social one and Briathos generally did not discourage it, only when the Wyvern was forcing him to get out and do that too. If he did it on his own or with people he was already familiar with, Briathos okay with it.

He saw the look on Jameril's face when he told him that he was living with his lover and didn't even bat an eye. He was comfortable with it and liked the close quarters. It was also a great way for him to remember to do important things like eating when he should and keeping his living space clean. As well as kept him on his toes about caring for another besides himself and his dragon partners. "You'll find plenty of people here willing to have flings I am sure." Briathos replied.

He nodded firmly "Tomorrow morning, before the sun rises is first practice then. I look forward to seeing you there."

Etlaayz
Member Avatar
Jameril nodded with appreciation, none of his previous wing leaders took the time. Briathos was becoming more interesting by the moment and he was beginning to like him, something that has not happened in a long time.

He did not know which was which, until the cream color one called the charcoal colored one 'Twix'. At least now he knew who was who. But, which was male and which was female was still a mystery. Somewhere he heard they come in male and female pairs. Although the grin was wicked looking, he had seen similar with Geos.

"Yes, I did watch. Quite impressive. My Geos? Is currently out with a Lizardling named Syndal making new Friends and exploring the island. I just hope he does not stay out all night. He has done that before."

He smiled when Briathos mentioned that his would be in good company, "I hope so to, for both of them. In battle, he is as fierce as any I have seen, but, at home, as gentle as a kitten."

With the serious reduction of Ternarium activity, he might not need as much female companionship as before. Some was just that while others were to help unwind from a battle.

"That I am glad to hear. Life would be a bit dull with out them."

He was given a time - early before the sun rises, a fairly standard time for training, at least, for him.

"We will be there, Providing I can get Geos to come home in time."

'Geos, our first practice is tomorrow before the sun is up.'

'I be home in time.'

'Good. It would look bad if we miss our first practice with our new wing.'

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Practice Arena · Next Topic »
Add Reply