Hatching: May 25th

Cadet Group 20
Lesson 4 ~ Ability Training
Next Lesson: May 14th

Cadet Group 21
Lesson 1 ~ Extended Bonding
First Lesson: May 28th
Welcome to Dracadia!

We are an original, dragon bonding RP with influences from Anne McCaffrey (Dragonriders of Pern) and Gary Gygax (Dungeons and Dragons). We offer a new and unique setting, multiple playable races and four different dragon species used to fight against the Ternarium; the evil monsters that threaten to destroy the people of the world. Become a savior and fight to protect the people of Dracadia!

Try the Get Started! button first; located on the submenu at the top of our site. It's the perfect way to 'get started' and join the fun.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Like a Tiger in A Cage [Etlaayz]
Topic Started: Jan 8 2018, 02:21 AM (56 Views)
Atara
Member Avatar
Dragon Hearted
Axios wasn't allowed outside the Fort. Which was ridiculous. He'd spent most of his life prowling more dangerous woods than this. He wasn't some pampered child. He was a Mesai warrior. Nothing was going to happen if he went for a bit of a hike.

It hadn't used to bother him, back when he'd been excited by the notion of becoming a Keeper and content to keep the training grounds provided the Applicants. But these days...He was restless. He wanted to run and hunt and kill until he finally SLEPT, a real, deep, honest sleep that had eluded him ever since That Day. Some days, he was tempted to declare an end to his Applicancy and enlist as an ordinary soldier, just so he would finally get out of this cage.

He didn't know why he didn't. If he was a lesser man, he'd call it inertia or complacency- but Axios was above such things. He just...didn't want to quit. Even though he did. His mind was a mess. He would prevale of course as he always did and his life would resume its normal excellence but...It must be the Awakening messing with his mind. There was a reason he'd never trusted psionic gifts. He would defeat it, surely. He just...needed time.

And so instead of doing the sensible thing and marching off to battle- he pace the walls of the fort like a tiger prowling the walls of his cage, freedom so close he could almost smell it in the air.
Offline Profile Qoute To Top

Etlaayz
Member Avatar
The crazy one (Deborah is just weird).
Chinakai just watched as Axios pace the walls, like some caged animal. In a way she understood him, and sympathized. Both Kodakai and Mesai were heavily linked to nature. To restrict them to the fort was cruel, but, this was a military establishment and ran by a set of rules and a chain of command. Something, she had to learn in order to stay.

She had been very lucky. That one time she had snuck out with Kendryl could have cost them their Applicantcy here, something she did not want. This was something she really wanted. Partially, because the thought of her returning to her mother with her tail firmly tucked between her legs was not what she wanted. But, mostly, it was because of the one that had saved her life that many years ago. She had stopped looking for that one, but, still, wanted honor the gift by becoming a Keeper, so, she could, someday, give that gift to someone else.

She had learned to cope with her nature by going down to the stables or grazing on the lawns at the temple. But, that was not going to help Axios. Oh, she could help him sneak out, if he would accept it, but, that would, most likely, end up in them both being kicked out. The only way she could think of is a Master sent him out on some sort of a quest. Axios would enjoy that - hopefully. She did not like seeing anybody miserable, not even Axios.

Atara
Member Avatar
Dragon Hearted
Axios was a hunter who knew when he was being watched. He sensed a gaze upon him and turned around, deliberately meeting the Kodakai's gaze. She wasn't trying to hide that she was here, watching him. If she was spying, she wasn't doing a particularly credible job of it. And they weren't friends. Had never been friends in all the time they'd been applicants together.

"What do you want, little fawn?" he asked, stopping for long enough to take a quick glance around. He didn't see any signs of an ambush or the sorts of pranks some more frivolous applicants chose to play.

It would be so easy to find a spot to hop the wall. Maybe knock out a guard or two. It might cost him his Applicancy but that wasn't what stopped him. He had every confidence in his ability to find a way to manage it with no one the wiser, but he wouldn't cheat. If he couldn't play by the rules of weaker men, he had no right to be here. He was Axios Firebird and it would take more than a little stir-craziness for him to go against his own sense of honor.

Etlaayz
Member Avatar
The crazy one (Deborah is just weird).
Chinakai walked up to the fence that marked the boundary and looked out longingly. She looked back at Axios and sighed.

"We do have this one thing in common," she looked back to the forest surrounding the fort, "nature calls to us. Even now I can hear the trees calling to me, the grass and flowers asking me to come play with them."

Agsin she sighed, "as much as I want to, I will not leave here. It is a matter of honor. If it was not for a Dragon and its Keeper, I would have been Gray waste in a very literal sense. I am here to honor the ones that saved my life."

She turned to face Axios and smiled wickedly, "a piece of advice," like he would take it, "never say anything by a plant you do not want a Kodakai to learn, especially ferns. They are terrible gossips."

Male ferns were the worst. She wondered if ever saw the potted fern sitting in the corner of the benches in practice arena. The fern, definitely saw him and Master Rhiah. Although, he could hear only the loudest conversations, from what he told her, she was certain, Axios had his awakening and it was one of the more serious gifts. As to which one, she really had no idea.

Her face when blank and her voice revealed nothing as she gathered up all the vines in the area crept them towards Axios.

"I will not help you escape from here, but I might be able to give you a challenge worthy of your abilities."

She was hoping on keeping his focus on her and, maybe, tweak his ego just enough to keep it so.

Atara
Member Avatar
Dragon Hearted
Axios snorted and laughed. Her, understand him? Share his drive to hunt? To conquer? To fight? Hardly, "You no more understand me than the lamb understands the wolf. I do not wish for PLAY. It is not grass and flowers my soul hungers for, but the feel of blood on my hands and the triumph of prey run to ground."

He stiffened his shoulders and declared proudly, "But much as I may hunger to again dominate the wilderness, I too understand honor and shall not break the trust the Fort bestows in me. Or allow the confines of these walls to break my will or my spirit!"

Chinakai may not have been his choice of confidants, but it mattered littles. His words were no cause for shame and he would not hide his triumphs over the struggles of mundane life.

Axios had no idea why Chinakai was now going on about ferns and challenges. Did she believe he feared any petty trial she could offer? Or that he was afraid of a tiny green plant? "Why tell me such? Now I shall simply tear from the ground any fern who eavesdrops on my secrets. Not that I have secrets. What could a warrior as great as I fear telling the world? And challenge? Pah! The great Axios has never backed down from a test of skill and daring!"

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Fin Isle · Next Topic »
Add Reply