Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to our forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
any NAHC blacktail hunters out there
Topic Started: Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:30 pm (1,601 Views)
big bad hunter

howdy yall
it might say from big bad hunter but on NAHC i'm RAWMAN
wondering if any blacktail hunters are out there . almost time to apply for tags & license
we got lucky this year , NO NON LEAD REQUIREMENTS , they start discussions in december 2014
big game hunting mag should be out , not at my walmart yet , but its on fish & wildlife site to download .
hope a few of the old NAHC people show up here .
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

twinkletoes

almost time to apply for tags & license ! Sure glad I no longer live in such a civilization! Once I turned 60---many years ago, I no longer had to buy a hunting/fishing/trapping license. That was durn near 20 years ago. All I have to do, is go into eather the Forest Service, or our local sport shop, and pick up my tags--6 of'um! And all I shot is lead! Of course, 12 tags, between my Lady and I, is more then we can use. We normally just harvest 4--5. The heck of it is, any more, she gets more of'um then I

jr loyd
Member Avatar

Rawman I am here and will be hunting with my son in the b zones this year and not the c zones as usual do to daughter in laws health .Any suggestions .We will be out of Fortuna .

jr loyd
Member Avatar

And by the way I will be using my muzzle loader .

twinkletoes

Oh yes, I did start out on the NAHC forum as Twinkletoes, but with the many forum screw ups, my user name got changed 3 times. I think that at the end I was just ahoffman!

jr loyd
Member Avatar

I ended up back with my first one after 4 changes.

big bad hunter

holly
Wed May 28, 2014 10:07 pm
Rawman I am here and will be hunting with my son in the b zones this year and not the c zones as usual do to daughter in laws health .Any suggestions .We will be out of Fortuna .
howdy holly
just got back from black powder shoot ( rendezvous ) near Mc. Cloud . 2 1/2 weeks camping with gun shy pup was great .
i grew up in fortuna . horse mountain , dinsmore area not too bad . most everyone i know goes private property near ruth lake . a few cousins go yolla bolla wilderness edge when fires allow them . covolo , north of willits is south of fortuna 80 miles but some of the best B zone hunting .if i were to hunt B zone would be private property or B1 i think , east of lake pillsbury .
this year im going back for more punishment at C1 dnmte

jr loyd
Member Avatar

Well don't know of any private property .Don't know were we will be hunting at this point .Did check out some areas by happy camp when we were up there .

big bad hunter

holly
Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:48 pm
Well don't know of any private property .Don't know were we will be hunting at this point .Did check out some areas by happy camp when we were up there .
if your going that far , check out north of trinity lake . lots of natl. forest area
or
anywhere east of dinsmore on HWY 36 . been told rangers are helpful at dinsmore and talk to dinsmore store people . they big hunters . e527066
i have a cousin http://www.trinityfly.com/#!gallery/c7sd he may be fishing guide but he also a hunter . if you call him , say cousin rick from clearlake sent you . he get a kick out of that . he lives near trinity lakes , weaverville area

snider

Only Hunted em one time, Long before NAHC was started tho, never tried again.

big bad hunter

e63369 got my deer tag in mail today
only need bear tag and upland game and i be ready to blow animals into my freezer roflmao
been sighting in on puter games e522680 wish it was as easy using real weapons e522678 thkg

twinkletoes

Our season opens the 24th of July. We will be in the bush before daylite. Hopefully we can do as well on opening day as the last few years. The last 2 years, we have gotten 3 on opening day, and usually get at least 2 more after the snow flys.

big bad hunter

7 days and a wake up and 5 hour drive away from deer camp e522669
watch out bucks , bear , quail , tree squirrel , grouse , coyote and cougar
trigger happy redneck drunk about to invade again pennysxqk7112
along with gun shy pup sndly

jr loyd
Member Avatar

Just waiting for opener here .Go up for opening weekend and then back up for the rest of season .Son has to be home for the daughter in laws cancer treatment .

twinkletoes

Durn it Loyd, shure wish I was smart enuff to post pics! Would show ya what Blacktail hunting in SE Alaska was like!. Just got me a nice,fat fork,(165LBS,FIELD DRESSED). However, as ya will surely learn, at 80, these contraptions kinda baffle the mind!
Twink

big bad hunter

twinkletoes
Sat Aug 1, 2015 1:46 am
Durn it Loyd, shure wish I was smart enuff to post pics! Would show ya what Blacktail hunting in SE Alaska was like!. Just got me a nice,fat fork,(165LBS,FIELD DRESSED). However, as ya will surely learn, at 80, these contraptions kinda baffle the mind!
Twink
good job , congratulations
thats nice size deer
and this 60 year old cant figure out how to post pics e522671

TLC
Member Avatar
Administrator
posting pictures is not a big deal. so, here we go.

get to the reply page. at the bottom, it says "browse". click on that. it will open a new screen that says something like "file upload". from there, you scroll down until you find the folder named "pictures". click on that, might have to double click, and it will open up your picture folder. from there, click on the picture you want to post. the link will show up in the bottom in the box named "file name". once there, click "open". it will then put the file into the area on the reply page where it says "browse". then, post your reply as usual.

this only works if you have saved the picture to the computer when you download it onto your computer.

snod
Member Avatar

did it work?

Hell that is a lot easier then doing the photo bucket thingy. LOL e522689
Attached to this post:
Attachments: 70_bird.jpg (5.12 KB)
Edited by snod, Sun Aug 2, 2015 1:06 pm.

big bad hunter

second bear if pic werks

big bad hunter

and as figured it didnt werk
instructions dont werk fer me , im on a mac and dont have files

TLC
Member Avatar
Administrator
email the pics to me at - edhtc1@gmail.com. can post them for you.

also, which fire is close to you? keep hearing about the one that covers 100 square miles in northern california.

big bad hunter

TLC
Wed Aug 5, 2015 1:54 pm
email the pics to me at - edhtc1@gmail.com. can post them for you.

also, which fire is close to you? keep hearing about the one that covers 100 square miles in northern california.
thanks TLC , got your email wrote down
im next to rocky fire near clearlake
evac advisory is 1/2 mile away and mandatory evacuation 2 miles away
its bad at times with smoke but they have dozer line and back fire burns between us and the fire http://cdfdata.fire.ca.gov/incidents/incidents_details_info?incident_id=1161 this is cal fire info site https://www.google.com/maps/@38.9304981,-122.4908792,12z/data=!4m2!6m1!1szp8nK_5H0MFQ.kzTmU5XK-qJQ this is a map of fire area . i live in clearlake highlands on other side of highway from the fire but only 1/4 mile from highway
im safe but still have trailer ready to go incase of big bad wind shift

TLC
Member Avatar
Administrator
the one they keep talking about they say now is 20% contained. and that there were some small showers going on that will help.

big bad hunter

TLC
Wed Aug 5, 2015 3:40 pm
the one they keep talking about they say now is 20% contained. and that there were some small showers going on that will help.
sunny and 85 so far today
showers yesterday you could count the drops on my windshield
but higher humidity yesterday , about 20 -30% helped the fighting
today humidity back to normal , about 10 %
and local news has no updates during the day , not on radio or online local
i watch fox news or sacramento news for updates
there are a couple online resources i watch but still suks here to get info
e522675

TLC
Member Avatar
Administrator
info comes across a local station that gives national news on the hour.

big bad hunter

TLC
Wed Aug 5, 2015 4:35 pm
info comes across a local station that gives national news on the hour.
had nascar chat friends from around the world email me and send best wishes and concerns
seems the way they talk , all of northern california is burning and they say their news covers it more than their local stuff
bout time the largest natural lake in california got mentioned , but this is not the way i like
champion bass lake , big hunting area , newest national monument in the U.S.
but hate cause we burning up in a drought big20laught

big bad hunter

http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/NaturalHazards/view.php?id=86348&src=twitter-nh burn area from space . interesting
i live in town on left side near the lake

jr loyd
Member Avatar

They say it is 40%contained and they have opened hwy20 now .Not a good place to be .Wife had said something about going up to get the great grands kids .Well she will have to wait as 36 is closed .Maybe if 20 stays open .But 36 is faster .

big bad hunter

had showers / rain in deer camp area last night
2 weeks till camp time , just under 3 weeks till deer/bear season

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Blacktails · Next Topic »
Add Reply