Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to our forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Synthetic Scent
Topic Started: Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:40 am (1,010 Views)
GooseIsland
Member Avatar

The Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fish has decided to ban all deer attractants containing natural doe P or other natural deer secretions. Does anyone have any experience with any of the synthetic scents on the market?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

TLC
Member Avatar
Administrator
sorry, no experience here. still floored by the banning of natural scents.

Dave N
Member Avatar

No kidding. What's the reason for that?

rooo
Member Avatar

I read an article about trying that here in PA. They are worried about the spread of Chronic Wasting Disease. I guess each state has it's own particular concerns about what diseases threaten their herds.

rthomas4
Member Avatar
rthomas4
I also read about it and apparently Virginia isn't the only state to ban deer urine and doe estrus. But, as usual there is no actual scientific proof that the prions that cause CWD can be spread through the use of natural scent products. There was a study done that claims that soil soaks up the urine and if the prions are present it can transmit the disease through plants that grow in the contaminated soil.

MRD
Member Avatar

Well pee is pee aint it ? To test a deer step 1 is to kill it so that isn't happening , so they can't put out a product that they are 100% sure of .

rthomas4
Member Avatar
rthomas4
I've read conflicting articles about what is and isn't deer urine and doe estrus. Some claimed that a large percentage is already synthesized, while others claim it's not pure and has so many additives to retain "freshness" that it defeats the actual pee; and yet other articles claim the natural stuff has been "pasteurized" and "sterilized".

All I know is I only use Conquest Scents Evercalm....which is deer dander, not urine; and VS-1 which is estrous secretions extracted directly from the vaginal tract of does in captivity on the Conquest Farm. I've even watched their television program where they showed the processes that go into making and packaging their products. Now, whether they deleted the scenes where additives or sterilization processes are used is probably debatable.

GooseIsland
Member Avatar

UPDATE: I emailed the Buck Bomb company yesterday inquiring about a synthetic Buck Bomb. They answered back that it is due out in mid September.

big bad hunter

my thought , my brain is drunk , it loves whisky
but if you go hunting from your house or friends house or motel . if you soak your shoes or clothes before leaving and dont take bottle with you to the field , how are they gonna tell if real or synthetic . are they gonna take your clothes from you when your hunting for a lab test and leave you nekked in the field

big bad hunter

http://www.midwayusa.com/find?userSearchQuery=synthetic+deer+scent i did find this , i used midway for lead free ammo for calif . they were fast but WOW was i bombarded with emails

GooseIsland
Member Avatar

BBH,
Thanks for the info. I've seen the Code Blue at Bass Pro, but I haven't seen the Tinks or the other one anywhere. I'll be on the lookout.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
« Previous Topic · Hunting Equipment · Next Topic »
Add Reply