Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to our forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
New (to me)...........
Topic Started: Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:06 am (735 Views)
rthomas4
Member Avatar
rthomas4
Springfield Armory 1911-A1 TRP .45 acp. I've been drooling over this gun for at least three years, and finally managed to save up enough to purchase it yesterday. It is slightly used, but was the carry gun my FFL dealer personally owned and carried while working as a part-time Sheriff's deputy.

Tinypics now deletes photos of firearms!!!!!!!!!! When I tried to downsize and post from my files to fit the size requirements of the site all I could get the browse function to do was post the damn link.
Attached to this post:
Attachments: IMAG0002__200x150_.jpg (62.36 KB)
Edited by rthomas4, Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:35 pm.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

yote
Member Avatar

nice! pic posted. congrats!
wouldn't mind getting one myself . but there are a few ahead of it on my bucket list.

big bad hunter

my dad had one . not as shiny as the one in the pic
my dads was the one he used in WW2 when he went ashore in philipines , okanawa and iwo jima
sadly he traded it for 4 rifles in the late 60s
his was the first pistol i ever shot

jburing

Looks good Rthomas.....shoot it yet????

rthomas4
Member Avatar
rthomas4
No, I haven't had an opportunity to try it out, yet. I'm waiting for my eye doctor to get me set up with a new right contact lens so I don't have to shoot cockeyed.

Hunting Mike

Not sure that's going to help any, but do it anyway.

rthomas4
Member Avatar
rthomas4
Hunting Mike
Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:23 pm
Not sure that's going to help any, but do it anyway.
After having a corneal transplant, retina surgery, and cataract surgery in the right eye along with cataract surgery in the left one; I'm seeing a hell of a lot better. The problem is that the right eye still has some astigmatism and hopefully a contact will bring it close to what the left eye (with a lens) is. I can see perfectly well through a scope, but open sights are something else. I never learned to shoot a handgun with both eyes open like I do with a shotgun.

big bad hunter

everything i shoot i have both eyes open . easier to track running or flying critters
dad taught me that way back in the 60s
you just have to train that other eye not on the sights to be lazy and not demanding but see movement if needed
retraining your eyes at an older age is not as easy as it used to be

TLC
Member Avatar
Administrator
tried to transfer this to photobucket, but wouldn't let me do it.

rthomas4
Member Avatar
rthomas4
I sent tinypics an e-mail complaining about them deleting my photos and not providing the IMG codes. I received a reply that they were experiencing "technical problems". Two days later I received another reply that they had reinstalled my photos and resolved their issues.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Eagle

Nice Ron. working on a S&W 629 CLASSIC 8 3/8 barrel for deer hunting. Guy is asking $630.00 says it`s only had 150 rounds through it.

rthomas4
Member Avatar
rthomas4
The model 629 classic with the 8 3/8" barrel was discontinued in 2010 after being introduced in 1990. The original MSRP was $989, and current value for one in 98% condition is $625.00, 95% condition is $540.00; I'd try to jew him down a little; but even though he's asking slightly too much, $630.00 would be a price I'd be willing to live with for that particular gun.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Handguns · Next Topic »
Add Reply