Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to our forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
2017 fun time & hunt
Topic Started: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:29 pm (608 Views)
big bad hunter

welp , just got notice i got my draw tag for 2017 hunt season e522679
back to regular spot that ive been in since 95
but first its camping season so tuesday june 13 ( bad day to drive ) im heading up east of mt. shasta for a little trout fishing and camping IN A TENT .
it snowed in that camp over the weekend so hope i dont have to dig a spot out for the tent cvmn
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jr loyd
Member Avatar

did not even put in as I will be in OR. during hunting season training people on mining. Thats my thing now .Teaching people to mine and prospect.And shooting my muzzle loaders.
Edited by jr loyd, Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:06 pm.

yote
Member Avatar

jr loyd
Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:05 pm
did not even put in as I will be in OR. during hunting season training people on mining. Thats my thing now .Teaching people to mine and prospect.And shooting my muzzle loaders.
e522679

yote
Member Avatar

big bad hunter
Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:29 pm
welp , just got notice i got my draw tag for 2017 hunt season e522679
back to regular spot that ive been in since 95
but first its camping season so tuesday june 13 ( bad day to drive ) im heading up east of mt. shasta for a little trout fishing and camping IN A TENT .
it snowed in that camp over the weekend so hope i dont have to dig a spot out for the tent cvmn
e522683

big bad hunter

camping was fun the first 4 days
cool enough for jackets mornings and at fire in evenings . caught german brown trout , and ate them . then it heated up , not even below 80 by 9 pm so didnt have campfire till last night to burn my paper trash . it was about 95 with no AC or wind .
one day we did some scouting but not my hunt zone . went into X1 just south of my zone and at 6000 feet roads were still closed cause of too much snow e522691
pup sure had fun running in the snow sndly

jr loyd
Member Avatar

They still have some snow all over the place.

big bad hunter

when i came home last wednesday june 21 , there was lots of snow in high country west of yreka .
i went camping out of mc cloud off 89 . then went north 18 miles and camped at trout creek at 5000 feet. drove around looking at deer zone X1 and found snow and roads closed at 6000 feet . medicine lake is still closed and cant get within 5 miles from the lava beds side or within 10 miles from bartle .
but it was melting fast . dont think the 4 foot snow drifts are melted on a few of the roads i took

big bad hunter

just ordered bear tag and upland game bird stamp
pup knows what to do with dead birds , shake em toll no mo feathers
but still needs to learn about bear . he was great 2 years ago when he saw his first .
he ran straight at ME sndly

jr loyd
Member Avatar

Good luck on your hunting .As any more I just hunt the yellow stuff.

big bad hunter

went up to YREKA over the weekend , cousin passed away
hot smoky stinky and forecast this first week of august to hit 110 and fires all around my hunt area .
just got final tags in mail today so cant wait for deer/bear/grouse camp e522681

jr loyd
Member Avatar

Good luck .Going to OR.to find some of that yellow stuff and teach some classes in mining.

RHenshaw
Member Avatar

big bad hunter
Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:44 pm
just ordered bear tag and upland game bird stamp
pup knows what to do with dead birds , shake em toll no mo feathers
but still needs to learn about bear . he was great 2 years ago when he saw his first .
he ran straight at ME sndly
I think your pup would have a bit of trouble shaking the feathers off a Bear e522682 .

Edited by RHenshaw, Sun Aug 6, 2017 4:52 pm.

big bad hunter

jr
watch out for all them fires and lightening
rhen
cant use dogs to hunt bear in calif. he will just be passenger in truck or if another one walks thru camp , i will have him in my trailer . my other 2 bear walked thru camp while i was there and almost got a 3rd 2 years ago that was a monster over 500 lbs but didnt feel like shooting one foot over my pups head when he was 50 yards away and bear was 70 yards

yote
Member Avatar

I'D A KILT THE DOG AN BEAR.

RHenshaw
Member Avatar

yote
Mon Aug 7, 2017 6:11 am
PETA be Looking For You Then sarcasm2 LOL .

yote
Member Avatar

RHenshaw
Mon Aug 7, 2017 7:43 pm
yote
Mon Aug 7, 2017 6:11 am
PETA be Looking For You Then sarcasm2 LOL .

they wouldn't have time to look for me. they'd be to busy sucking each others petas

jr loyd
Member Avatar

So far no fires where I am going.Been calm around there .
Yote you would shoot anything in de face with your peta. dnmte
Edited by jr loyd, Wed Aug 9, 2017 9:10 pm.

yote
Member Avatar

well ,most anything,longs they ain't dudes

big bad hunter

only dogs i would shoot thru to get bear or buck would be pit bulls , coyotes and wolves e527066

yote
Member Avatar

ain't a dog alive I wouldn't be happy to kill. same goes for most of their owners

RHenshaw
Member Avatar

yote
Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:36 pm
Hay you shoot DEER that are Dudes Don't Ya????LOL

yote
Member Avatar

RHenshaw
Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:48 pm
yote
Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:36 pm
Hay you shoot DEER that are Dudes Don't Ya????LOL

no.not in de face wit my peta.
can honestly say ,I never had desire to.
Edited by yote, Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:47 pm.

big bad hunter

using national weather service pin point weather forecast , my deer/bear camp area is too stinking hot right now . forecast for the next 7 days is highs in low 80s and lows around 60 and also says heavy smoke drift most of the days .
i head to camp sept. 12 , sure hope weather changes e522687

big bad hunter

e522678 e522675

just in time for rifle deer season that starts in most of nor cal in mid september , there are dozens of wildfires and many forest closures .
and if that not bad enough , almost all f norcal is covered in smoke . my sun is orangebrown and the stink of fire sucks worse than sitting downwind of a campfire hng

big bad hunter

left camp this morn and had 4 inches snow on the truck e522691
got a little guy 2x2 monday and was enjoying camping .
thats a 4 pointer for you eastern folk

yote
Member Avatar

meat in the freezer. congrats!

big bad hunter

https://uploads.disquscdn.com/images/c19346e5aaa9d29c1c4b20fd0e50f2d5c3be7d5273684690ed336f992c02551d.png my little buck , if it works

big bad hunter

thanks yote

jr loyd
Member Avatar

Well you did it .Did you like the snow.

big bad hunter

thanks jr
got the buck monday opening week at 6 pm . skinned and in the bag by 7 and it started raining at 35 degrees . snow/sleet/rain tuesday and wednesday as i was packing up to head home. no real snow till thursday morn as i finished loading and headed out at 7 am .had 2 inches on the truck but only half ince on wet ground . snowed all the way to montague then it cleared for the rest of the ride home . pup loved it and was running around chasing big flakes . i enjoyed it cause of the heat all summer at home over 100 every day since june .
even at camp the first 3 days were T shirt and shorts weather before it cooled to nice jacket hunting weather .
missed out on last years snow at camp , truck broke a day before the snow
Edited by big bad hunter, Tue Oct 3, 2017 4:45 pm.

RHenshaw
Member Avatar

e522683 bbh, looks like some fine eating to me....

big bad hunter

thanks rhen

flatbkman

Hey BBH how have you survived the fires in the area? Are the current ones affecting your area?

big bad hunter

all day monday was beautiful blue sky but very windy .
no tv , cable was out but internet worked . thats how i found out about the fires .
the fire here is north of me a couple miles and this time im not in evac area .
sure wish there were more local news stations streaming their news , only had a couple reliable news sources .
today tv finally came back but now we getting wind from the south and smoke from napa fires . real bad smoke with ash .
stand by though , more high wind the next couple days and again over the weekend .
and thanks for asking e522689

flatbkman

Please keep us informed on how it is going. The TV news i have seen seems like they think Santa Rosa is right next to Willits and Napa and just a stones throw from Clear Lake.

big bad hunter

well , they are fairly close
from my house , santa rosa is 60 miles away . and from there its 50 miles north to ukiah fire then its 40 miles back to my house . its a burning triangle .
napa fires are 60 miles south and burning away from me .
now the smoke we getting . its not from the fire 2 miles away , its all from the fires in napa and santa rosa .
wind is supposed to get gusty again tonight but blowing the smoke back on those fires and away from me. just hoping no more new fires in this next round of high wind warnings . and another round of really strong winds supposed to hit saturday again . even stronger than the one that caused all the fires.

big bad hunter

fire at home is almost out
others are finally moving away from population areas and getting under control . far from out yet though.
still over 400 missing
most those deceased that have been identified are seniors
so far only 40 deceased been found .
they are sifting thru everything for any fragments in santa rosa . over 1000 houses burned in 2 hours and was extreme high heat for any fires , ever .

RHenshaw
Member Avatar

big bad hunter
Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:35 pm
all day monday was beautiful blue sky but very windy .
no tv , cable was out but internet worked . thats how i found out about the fires .
the fire here is north of me a couple miles and this time im not in evac area .
sure wish there were more local news stations streaming their news , only had a couple reliable news sources .
today tv finally came back but now we getting wind from the south and smoke from napa fires . real bad smoke with ash .
stand by though , more high wind the next couple days and again over the weekend .
and thanks for asking e522689
Fox News was Pretty Good about reporting the fires, they pointed out the worst areas, I believe they also have a Radio Station that would probably report the same things....

big bad hunter

i dont have satalite radio
dont matter , i dont have any radio inside . im almost deaf and hearing aids dont help much
but like i said , internet worked great . some tv stations had live streaming news and if they didnt then they had pics and maps and old videos news stories to watch .
also had fire scanner turned up loud and right next to me , listening to firefighters
i try to cover all options when things go to sheet and i dont want to get caught off guard

big bad hunter

all the fires are finally OUT as of oct 30
8300 structures burned with over 6000 of those houses .
165 of those houses in my town .
44 people killed and still over 100 missing
personal property damage is well above 3 BILLION $$$$$$$$$$$$$
thats just personal property like houses , cars and outbuildings.
in the TUBBS fire that ran over 30 miles in 5 hours when it burned into santa rosa , it burned over 60 % of the doctors houses for that county . most of which were million dollar houses .
said something like 50 % of lawyers houses burned but who cares about lawyers

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · California · Next Topic »
Add Reply