Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to our forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
that time, again
Topic Started: Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:11 am (469 Views)
TLC
Member Avatar
Administrator
time to go and disc up the plots. have the weeds all dead and gone. be discing and spreading the fertilizer this morning. maybe put the seed out tuesday since as of right now, they are calling for rain this wednesday. will be doing the sump in the water tank trick to water until it get's started.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

snod
Member Avatar

Yep I just put Round Up Weed Killer on most of my foodplots to knock the weeds down yesterday. Man the deer have been hitting my corn fields and been fields hard and show a lot of pressure on them. The corn is about 6/8 inches high and most every tip has been eaten off the stalk. About the time all the corn and beans come out around here, mine will be just reaching maturity and the deer should be tearing them up and be the only game in town food wise. Lol
Edited by snod, Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:36 am.

TLC
Member Avatar
Administrator
got the clover seed spread out tonight. of course, now they are saying the rain is over. e522670

TWerth
Member Avatar

Just planted all but one food plot yesterday. Rained last night so that is good. Have one more to go on the new property I bought last year. It stays so wet down there it is hard to get a good seed bed. Planted winter wheat and biologic. I have been
disking my plots every month or so, and disked them up and then tilled them on Monday, Limed, Planted, Straight line disked and dragged them Tuesday. Got to put out some stakes and tin pans on strings, turkey devour the seed and young blades when breaking thru the ground. Sure am glad I have a tractor, heavy disk and tiller, but think one of those small drills would be great. Eliminate a lot of work. And yea I do use a boom sprayer and kill of weeds etc a few weeks prior to the last disking.

RHenshaw
Member Avatar

Hurry and get it all READY CAUSE I MIGHT SHOW UP AND KILL ALL YOUR CHICKENS, Like You Like To Tell People Anyway pennysxqk7112 e610848 .

TWerth
Member Avatar

With all the rain and even some wash out spots these food plots look great. up and green. Deer tracks in them already

TLC
Member Avatar
Administrator
same here. have had to supplement the water due to lack of rain. will post some pics when I get some extra time.

the plot with the triticale, oats, winter peas, clover, chicory, turnips, and daikon radish has gone nuts.

the bob oats and winter wheat plot has just started popping. but it's only been in the ground for a week.

TLC
Member Avatar
Administrator
after the first few waterings.

Posted Image

same thing. use the 4 wheeler to bring the water tank, generator, and sump pumps to the food plots.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

TLC
Member Avatar
Administrator
Posted Image

what it looks like now.

TLC
Member Avatar
Administrator
what's coming in so far.

Posted Image

Posted Image

TLC
Member Avatar
Administrator
might show the food plot better.

Posted Image

RHenshaw
Member Avatar

Looks like your going to be eating high on the Hoof, or do they Disappear when it's
Hunting Season?????

TWerth
Member Avatar

Looking good. Sucks to have to haul water. we had a very wet summer so things worked out this year. mine look like a golf course with some turnips coming up in it. lol. But winter wheat always does work out well in this area. Got a few nice bucks around A big heavy 10 and a smaller 12 among others but during the rut they seem to wander all over and stay hidden. lol

TWerth
Member Avatar

Went down and looked at mine yesterday. Ate to the ground. 1/2 the fields almost bare, deer tracks all over the place. must be coming in from all around me. Hope we get some rain soon so it can pop back. used to look like a golf course.

TLC
Member Avatar
Administrator
no rain in the forecast here for at least the next ten days. hope we get something. plots are fine, but a lil rain never hurts.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Food Plots · Next Topic »
Add Reply