Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to our forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Topic Started: Sat Aug 5, 2017 6:31 am (2,110 Views)
TLC
Member Avatar
Administrator
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ternera1
Member Avatar

One at a time....

Dave N
Member Avatar

Got a new supply of arrows and a new pack of blades for my heads. May have to set my target up before long. Some time in a treestand will be just what the doctor ordered. We'll get back from Alaska just in time!

TLC
Member Avatar
Administrator
getting ready to drop the last 100 gallons on the food plot. makes 400 gallons today.

TLC
Member Avatar
Administrator
mother nature doing the watering for me today. hell yeah!!!

oh yeah - 55.

*1.7 inches of rain so far. 3 more hours to go. food plot should be good and wet now.
Edited by TLC, Sun Aug 6, 2017 7:18 pm.

ternera1
Member Avatar

You don't harrow in the seed?

TLC
Member Avatar
Administrator
cut the long crap with the bush hog, then with the lawn mower. spray weed killer, disc it up numerous times. broadcast the seed, run it over with the roller. water, water, water. went and looked, have clover popping out. may spread some more tomorrow, and then roll it in again.

ternera1
Member Avatar

Should have a good stand.

TLC
Member Avatar
Administrator
hope so.

53 and a 52.

might be awol for a day or two. eye surgery today. than again next wednesday for the other eye.

T, try and get some pictures for you on the progress. also, added some stuff to the clover side. triticale, oats, winter peas, annual clover, chicory, turnip, and daikon radish.
Edited by TLC, Wed Aug 9, 2017 7:56 am.

ternera1
Member Avatar

Hell of a combo; all I can do is winter rye. Have sorgum right now tha is starting to head out. I'll plow it in and wait till Sept. and do rye.

RHenshaw
Member Avatar

TLC Good Luck on the eye surgery, I Hope it isn't anything to serious.

TLC
Member Avatar
Administrator
cataract surgery on the right eye, and laser to try and lower the pressure in the left eye. next wednesday, will be the opposite. right eye is now at 20/20. will have it checked again nest thursday when I go in for the after surgery check on the left eye. close vision sucks. have to wear readers.

rthomas4
Member Avatar
rthomas4
Good luck, after having the corneal transplant in the right eye, then cataract surgeries in both eyes, retina surgery in the right eye, and a laser procedure in the right one, I now have 20/40 in the right, 20/10 in the left (with the contact), and combined 20/20 with both eyes working together. This is the best I've been able to see in over 30 years.
Edited by rthomas4, Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:39 am.

TLC
Member Avatar
Administrator
51 to 50.

TLC
Member Avatar
Administrator
dammit. forgot about this.

down to 45.

Dave N
Member Avatar

e522671

RHenshaw
Member Avatar

My wife had Retina Surgery in both eye's not at the same time of Corse, she was told going into this she could loose her vision, after the surgery's she ended up with 20-40 in one eye and 20-70 in the other, that is the best they can do for her.

TLC
Member Avatar
Administrator

eyes are both 20/20 right now. may be some slight change in the next month?

TLC
Member Avatar
Administrator

big bad hunter

21 till i get to deer/bear camp
25 till opening morning rifle for my zone in far northern ca thmbsupyes

TLC
Member Avatar
Administrator

ternera1
Member Avatar

What the heck...25 thmbsupyes
Edited by ternera1, Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:58 pm.

TLC
Member Avatar
Administrator
37 not counting today.

finally cleared to shoot the bow. been over a week since the last surgery. both eyes at 20/20 now. but of course, since nothing goes right for me, have another issue. eye pressure should be between 10 and 20. day after first surgery, right eye 17, lowest it's been since the original surgeries back in 2012, and left eye was 23. week after first surgery, right eye at 51, left eye at 35. started using the steroid drops. now, 2 weeks after first surgery, right eye at 70, left eye at 60. telling me that's lose your eyesight numbers. so now, they have added a pill for me to take with the 2 drops to try and lower the eye pressure numbers. if that fails, will have to have stints put in my eyes. YAY!!!

TLC
Member Avatar
Administrator

big bad hunter

10 till record heat at deer/bear camp dnmte
14 till opening morning and hopefully long long range forecast is correct by saying rain opening weekend

ternera1
Member Avatar

10 e522685

rthomas4
Member Avatar
rthomas4
With the threat of Irma and changes it is bringing to the barometric pressure, I'm expecting this weekend to be a good one for deer movement. Hopefully, I'll be able to get to my stands without drowning. So far the only thing I've seen this season have all been does and we can't kill any of those until the 15th of this month using our optional antler less tags.
Edited by rthomas4, Thu Sep 7, 2017 10:41 am.

TLC
Member Avatar
Administrator

TLC
Member Avatar
Administrator
20 and a wake me up.

Dave N
Member Avatar

I won't need a wake me up. I'm ready! Gotta love an opening day on the weekend with no work.

big bad hunter

36 hours till i head to smoky hot deer/bear camp
but it could get nice opening weekend sept. 16 , says showers the 3 days before and sunday-wednesday after opening and highs only in 60s or lower .
yall have fun on your hunts while im gone on mine

TLC
Member Avatar
Administrator
18, and I am not stayin up all night. did that when I was younger.

RHenshaw
Member Avatar

Just don't stay up the night before opening day playing cards or some other silly thing. I Know We Have All Done It At least Once.

TLC
Member Avatar
Administrator

TLC
Member Avatar
Administrator

TLC
Member Avatar
Administrator

Dave N
Member Avatar

Dang. Guess I need to go buy my tags!

MRD
Member Avatar

my # is 2

TLC
Member Avatar
Administrator

we start the 1st of october.

got my tags last weekend.

rthomas4
Member Avatar
rthomas4
RHenshaw
Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:02 pm
Just don't stay up the night before opening day playing cards or some other silly thing. I Know We Have All Done It At least Once.

Nope never stayed up all night playing cards or anything silly.............all night sex is NOT silly!

RHenshaw
Member Avatar

Like were supposed to believe you LASTED ALL NIGHT sarcasm2 LOL

TLC
Member Avatar
Administrator

Dave N
Member Avatar

Got my tags, getting my broadheads switched out to new blades, plan on throwing a few more arrows tomorrow. Guess I'm about as ready as I can be!

cappy bill

Got to put the bow together and site it in . No rush , hope to be hunting by next week , Not worried about opening day . Too many people at Morris . They won't go back to where I hunt , it is a place that can only be found by those who have been there before .

e644387

rthomas4
Member Avatar
rthomas4
RHenshaw
Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:05 pm
Like were supposed to believe you LASTED ALL NIGHT sarcasm2 LOL

I didn't say anything about recent years! In my younger days, especially while in college and with the aid of certain illegal pharmaceuticals it wasn't unheard of!!!!!! These days even with legal drugs, ain't no way!!!!!!!!

MRD
Member Avatar

Got a 6 point this morning at 8:00 with the bow . Not a big one , just average for around here for the younger ones (the ones I like to eat) field dressed at 120 . For the folks that weigh at live weight that would be about 145 . Went about 35 yds. and down ; perfect day . thmbsupyes
Edited by MRD, Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:13 pm.

Dave N
Member Avatar

Atta boy!

Dave N
Member Avatar

Think I'm good to go! Good luck to all that start tomorrow!

Posted Image

RHenshaw
Member Avatar

Congrats on the Deer MRD, now where's the Picture LOL .

TLC
Member Avatar
Administrator
MRD
Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:07 pm
Got a 6 point this morning at 8:00 with the bow . Not a big one , just average for around here for the younger ones (the ones I like to eat) field dressed at 120 . For the folks that weigh at live weight that would be about 145 . Went about 35 yds. and down ; perfect day . thmbsupyes
e522679

e522683

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Whitetail · Next Topic »
Add Reply