Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to our forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
BP starts
Topic Started: Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:02 am (281 Views)
benny

Next Saturday gonna be a whirlwind of deer on my place. Saw one of the forestry guys at the gate to the pine tract by me. They are gonna harvest 60 percent of the tract starting Monday. And tells me there are some doozies in there. Now I'm gonna have to restrain myself from shooting the first day to get a look at a few of them. Only one buck tags left after the mistaking of the spike for a doe with my crossbow. Swear that thing was hiding those spikes in the white hair on his ears. Perfect color blend didn't see them till i lifted the head to tie drag harness on. Getting the smoke pole ready to go today. Good cleaning and fresh scope batteries and a few shots to check the scope. Was gonna go this morning with crossbow but dead battery in the red dot.Gonna take it as devine intervention as apposed to just crs. Keep forgetting to turn those dang scopes off. Put all the batteries together I've left on and you could crank my truck on a cold day.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

benny

Muzzle loader is still dead on at a 100 yards. Stacked three shots on top of one another today. Its all cleaned up scope has new battery its just waiting for opening day.

Jhunt
Member Avatar

Good luck.

RHenshaw
Member Avatar

GOOD LUCK Benny, I Hope You Don't Miss, Like Someone Else I won't Mention sndly ...
HERE's A HINT e522688 .

yote
Member Avatar

good luck gittin er dun

benny

Two more days and I'll be in the stand again. Been wanting to go check my camera so bad. e522678 but gonna stay out of there till Saturday morning. They are cutting the pines northwest of my lease but man they are taking there time about it. Only done about forty or so acres since Monday. The last tract they cut to the south they cleared the whole three hundred acres in four days and only had three feller bunches on the job. Two cutting and one back up with three skidders. Two weeks later and it was sheered shoved and ready to plant.that's the only bad thing about them cutting to the north west of my lease the places they are cutting are now gonna be row cropped where the grade allows. Gonna have to find something besides corn for the feeders since that seems to be the only thing they plant after the pines come out.

benny

Dang got up and thought I over slept.moons so bright and full. Little patchy fog but that's just about to the norm around here. Springs and creeks in the hollows everywhere here. Fixing to head out gonna take the long way to my stand so I can change cards in my camera by my stand will pick up other three when I quit for the day. Good luck to everybody going out today. Then try not to sleep all day. And just a reminder ground blind double bull pop up five minute set up. Lol.

RHenshaw
Member Avatar

Good Luck, I Hope You Don't Shoot Your Foot....LOL

benny

Nothing but does and a couple basket racks so far. It's hot and the acorns are falling like rain. Was foggy on this ridge till after eight this morning. Damn this urkeys came thru about ten thirty. Turned every leaf within a hundred yards of my stand. No fall season here for third year in a row guess they are waiting for them to get thick enough to throw a rock and kill one. Got a squirrel here that wants to die little fugger is about five foot from me right now puff puff squeak.

Jhunt
Member Avatar

Good luck.

benny

No kill today, had one old doe that bout bought the farm. Kept looking up at me and stomping had my camo net up to waist and gile suit top on. She couldn't figure me out so she just wandered off. Was a big bodied deer on top of the ridge when I snuck out no idea what it was. No new pics on trail camera gotta turn the damn thing on to get pics.think I'm getting part timers.

benny

Back to my ridge stand this morning. Taking my 22 revolver with rat shot ole puff puff squeak start his crap today I'm gonna blast him.

benny

Four does and a spike at first light around six twenty. Took my climber moved over to other side of musky dine thicket. Think there might be more squirrels over here.seems like there's one in every tree. Tina sent me a text said she woke up to Ethan looking for pants. Asked him what he was doing up so early he said he was going to find pawpaw in them woods. He's now reluctantly eating cereal and watching Superman vs Batman. Lol poor little guy wants to go so bad.

TLC
Member Avatar
Administrator
then take the little guy out with you. mean ole bastard.

benny

Got a ear full when I came out of the woods. Tina was about to pull her hair out trying to keep him in the house. Gonna put the pop up blind in the woods beside the house so he can sit there and be loud after he gets back from church with Tina aka inga. He told me I was gonna get a spanking for leaving him. e522675 could have took him this morning wouldn't have made a difference in my hunt. Winds blowing so hard here you can't hear a thing moving. Maybe it will take some more leaves off the trees. Deer were at about 15 yards this mornings before I heard or saw them. Got a bunch of under story that needs cutting. Still waiting on the big bucks to start chasing does. Gonna go back to John's this week and try to get a couple more does for the freezer.

RHenshaw
Member Avatar

Benny, DITTO ON WHAT TLC SAID, who knows he might bring you LUCK, you know like when you take them fishing, they will OUT FISH YOU EVERYTIME e522682 LOL .

benny

Well no deer but we did manage to kill one spider some kind of centipede and a six pack of peach teas. Wish you guys could hear him do his deer stand quiet talk. Poor country boy when he says pocket he sounds British. Most talkative two year old I've ever seen, wakes up talking goes to sleep talking.he was really excited to go deer hunting. At least now he has something new to talk about. And I'm gonna wind him up tight right before he goes home tonight. Daddy's in for a long g conversation. Lol

benny

Back at it in the morning. Saw a big doe crossing over into my lease on my way in about an hour ago. She's over there wandering around in the morning she will catch a fatal case of lead poisoning. Can only hunt till noon if my boy doesn't have to work tomorrow. Supposed to bring the car I just put a engine in for his wife car which I gave her out to be serviced. Got hook it up and make sure it's still doing what it's supposed to. she drives the wheels off all her cars. Fixing to eat watch a flick then hit the sack. Long walk across the road to my tree stand. Lol Tina won't buy me a new four wheeler either.

RHenshaw
Member Avatar

Just Fix The 4 Wheeler You Already Got, You CHEAPSKATE YOU sarcasm2 e522675 .
Oh Yeah Good Luck On BP Hunting......

benny

I sold mine more accurately traded it for 3 more 4 wheelers and a dirt bike for my grandsons. None of them are big enough to haul a deer and the ropc on the go cart is to high to get one on. Plus my four wheeler was old smelly and hard to start. Better watch out Rhen you might get traded off.😱

RHenshaw
Member Avatar

I ain't Worth Trade'n, Old Can Of Stale Beens Is Bout All You'd Get For Me.
I could Make CHILI With Them Beens e524435 !

Dave N
Member Avatar

Nobody wants burnt beans.

benny

Well nothing today maybe tomorrow. Fixing to start shooting lower age class does. They seem to be the biggest part of the population this year. From what's being checked in up town accorrding to Steve they have been over half of what's been checked in at his place.

benny

Today's game has been called due to high winds and rain. Which was not in the fuggin forecast. Why doesn't the weather man say just guessing here folks instead of acting like he really knows what the weather will be? I'd like to woshambu him every time he gets it wrong.

RHenshaw
Member Avatar

That would make then Look Like A Bunch Of Dummy's LOL.

benny

Saw two on the way home yesterday crossing into my lease. Got home and Tina was awake coughing her head off so I took her to the doc. Only three days of BP left but I think I'm gonna keep at it with my muzzel loaders this year instead of going to my rifel.going out today as soon as I get done at the store this morning. Got two storage units to sell off. Might stick around and bid on them if they look good but more than likely just dumpster stuff or donations stuff for the blue house.

benny

Just had what would have been a shooter six at 40 yards but his left been is broke off just past his g2 . Other than that couple spikes and 4 young does I could carry out in one hand. Winds picking up out of the east which was supposed to be out of the north.gonna have to switch stands.

yote
Member Avatar

aNYONE INTERESTED IN an urban assault smokepole better hurry afore gabby gifford shuts it down!
https://silencerco.com/maxim50/

https://www.facebook.com/TuckerCarlsonTonight/videos/544572435878080/
Edited by yote, Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:24 am.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Black Powder · Next Topic »
Add Reply