Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to our forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
For Shiloh too
Topic Started: Tue Nov 7, 2017 5:36 pm (113 Views)
ternera1
Member Avatar

I have been making and shooting my 370gr maxi-balls for over 35 years. My bore butter is almost gone. Can this still be found?

Posted Image

I have two tubes of the new sheitt,but it’s slimmy, softer than butter on a hot tater, and won’t fill in the grooves.
# on the back is 7302.

Have tried searching but can’t seem to find the stuff.
BTW, how’s that old Hawken holding for you guys?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

MRD
Member Avatar

Cabela's $9.99

ternera1
Member Avatar

Looked at it. Didn’t find a product #. The one I’m looking for is real “thick”.
Thanks, it will have to be from someone that uses(or has used) that bore butter.

Shiloh
Member Avatar

Sportsman's Guide carries it. Dixie Gun Works I believe also has it still. I lucked out about 15 years ago when a small store closed and walked in right as they decided to mark things down to dime-on-the-dollar. I bought about all they had in the tubes so i hope to never have to look for lube again.

MRD
Member Avatar

Click on black powder then put bore butter in search . It was there for me .

ternera1
Member Avatar

Shiloh, that’s a jar, not a tube. It’s also real thick. I don’t think it would flow out of a tube.
Checked Sportsman Guide and Dixie Guns. No luck.
MRD: thanks, but that bore butter is too soft. I made the mistake of buying 2 tubes.

Shiloh
Member Avatar

The tube I have is thick enough that if it is cold out that I cannot get it out without really squeezing the tube about as hard as I can. When room temp it is still thick but comes out with a firm squeeze. It comes out very easy on a hot day though.

big bad hunter

http://www.thegunworks.com/custprodgun.cfm?ProductID=171&do=detail&Cat2Option=yes this says same as your bottle only in a tube
my edit ;
the tube i have is 20 years old or more , hardly used it and it has that same # yours has . prolly a lot # and that lot long gone sold out . see lots newer #s on them now and even on blogs talking about that stuff .
Edited by big bad hunter, Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:00 pm.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Black Powder · Next Topic »
Add Reply