Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to our forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
need one
Topic Started: Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:53 am (298 Views)
TLC
Member Avatar
Administrator
thinking about a GT for next deer season up here? talked to QM, and he said he was going to be back on here, of course, he hasn't been, but sent him a picture of a deer killed up here, and now he is saying he wants to come and hunt. anyone else be interested?

bow hunt as that gives people more days to hunt. crossbows are also legal now. have one someone can use if needed. no idea yet of the license cost. know it is not cheap.

any other ideas for a gt are welcome.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

benny

Be there with bells on. Just tell when and where. I'll take the bells off when I get there. Been awhile since there's been a got was starting to think no one liked anyone. Lol if you talk to qm tell him I'll get his beer this time as long as its not nasty light.

quailman
Member Avatar

I'm interested too. Will there be adult beverages?

Jhunt
Member Avatar

I won't hunt as I've got a good IL deer mounted on the wall already but will for sure be interested in swingin out yall's way for the GT. Hell i'll be the food and beer guard.

Jhunt
Member Avatar

Todd what city is closest to you? Trying to see just how far it would be round trip etc and maybe start thinkin of some other spots to stop at.

RHenshaw
Member Avatar

I'd be interested also, Hail I Might Even Be Able To Catch A Ride With Jeff, I hope anyway.

TLC
Member Avatar
Administrator
Jhunt
Thu Jan 4, 2018 10:21 pm
Todd what city is closest to you? Trying to see just how far it would be round trip etc and maybe start thinkin of some other spots to stop at.
let's see. harrisburg, then west of that is marion, and west of that is carbondale. all on 13.

you'd probably end up coming thru st louis to I 64. take that to 57 south to marion, and then head east.

Jhunt
Member Avatar

Know Marion and Carbondale. Ex’s parents used to run the skating rink in du quoin. May run interstates May run back roads.

Rhen it’ll mainly depend on if the wife is goin or not and how many other places we end up goin on the trip etc.

RHenshaw
Member Avatar

Not a problem.

benny

From what I can make out from the dnr section is a NR hunting license is$57.75 a 5 day permit is $35.75 hunting preserve permit is$12.50 a NR deer archery otc permit is $411.00 either sex. So it would be around $500 for license and permits. Unless there's some other permits you need. Not really sure you guys have a lot of permits and license choices. Guess if you live there its easier to navigate and tell what you need. Here in TN you get a NR license deer tag and wma permit and your good to go. I know the Alabama folks sure have it figured out almost as many of them here during deer and turkey season as there are resident hunters.

TLC
Member Avatar
Administrator
5 day should be good enough. no preserve tag needed. deer tag is 410.00. that gives you 2 tags. one either/or, and one doe.

cappy bill

Karen said we could go . Do we need to get a hotel room . Do not have a trailer . Maybe able to get a tent . Will see if Tony wants to go. Will hunt , let me know what I need , tree stand , ground blind ect.

Dates?

e644387

cappy bill

If you want I could bring the CFV Karen Marie and change it into the PFV Karen Marie for anybody that wants to go fishing . I have great GPS and sonar so we could even fish at night .

e644387

jburing

Any dates yet, TLC?? Might be able to do it....and promise I won't fall out of my tree stand!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Events & GT's · Next Topic »
Add Reply