Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Ethereal Entertainment. We hope you (DON'T LISTEN TO HIM.) enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. (LEAVE NOW.) This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. (WHAT EYES? THERE ARE NONE.) If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. (JUST, RUN.)

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
My $0.02 on making Faceless Scary.
Topic Started: Oct 3 2012, 11:19 AM (185 Views)
deanwac
Member Avatar
Prey
[ * ]
Suggestion Name: N/A
Suggestion Type: New Myths
Suggestion Details:

So basically, I am really excited for when this mod comes out. I trust that it will make people freak out when they play it the first 10 times. But it got me thinking why 'Slender: The Eight Pages' (Parsec changed the name) was so scary. The first time I played it, I quit before even seeing Slender. Of course, I had never seen him before people started playing the game, and when I looked him up it really creeped me out. He teleports at will, only ever pictured in the one pose, the mysteriousness of it scared me. What I think would be a great idea to make this game scary would be to add to the myth. But add a fair bit. Enough for the player to question EVERYTHING that other games have implied.

Example: He has tentacles on his back, follows you from a distance without hiding himself, appears and disappears to freak you out, etc

Why not make it so you catch glimpse's of him? You see him walk around a corner and you only see his arm and leg. Get the player to be truly afraid of seeing Slenderman. I saw the topic about getting quick shots of Slender's POV. That would be great. This is all just off the top of my head, but I'm sure you guys can expand on it and get some ideas rolling. There is a fine balance in this though. Adding not enough won't see the player scared (in the sense I'm talking about), and adding too much might cause an upset for people who enjoy Slender's current myth state.

List some ideas for 'modifications' to Slenderman! I want to see if there are some good suggestions for this.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Ideas & Suggestions · Next Topic »
Add Reply