|We're pretty tolerant on this board, and we don't discriminate, but there are few ground rules that everyone will be expected to follow (if for no other reason than to keep things civilized).
If you see something that violates these rules, please bring it to the attention of the staff with the button.
Violators of the rules will find themselves either warned, temporarily suspended, or banned, depending on the severity of the infraction, and past history.
- You are allowed only ONE account on this forum. Sockpuppet accounts will not be tolerated, and are grounds for an immediate ban.
- Registering an account on this forum implies that you wish to speak to this community, and will use that account to do so. Accounts that have been left inactive for more than 180 days, and still have a post-count of zero, will be purged (deleted) from the database every month. If you want to keep your account here, simply say something.
- Registering an account on this forum does NOT automatically make you a member of the FedCom community. Until you deliberately make that request to join, you have the status of a tourist. So don't assume you are a Malatoran, and don't worry about jumping into something accidentally.
- No member of FedCom — past, present, or future — shall have their account deleted from this forum's database, for any reason. No exceptions.
Etiquette & Posting Guidelines:
- This is a diverse community with a wide range of views and ideas. If someone else has an opinion that you don't like, that doesn't make it okay to harass or insult them about it. Treat others as you would like to be treated. Bigots are not welcome here.
- Please keep vulgarity to a minimum. We are not interested in a system of censorship, so please take responsibility for your own language. The freedom to say what you like doesn't mean it's acceptable to use language that would make a sailor blush. Find a more socially acceptable way to say it, or don't say it at all.
- We do not tolerate flaming or trolling behavior here, so don't do it. It just tells everyone how immature you are, and makes you look like a total idiot anyway.
- Any personal attack will also fall under this category. Hate will not be tolerated.
- This is not a pornography forum. Don't post NSFW content.
- FedCom citizens/immigrants may share uncensored imagery and stories of an erotic nature, provided they keep these materials restricted to appropriate sections of the FedCom-only (non-public) areas of the forum, and employ Spoiler BBcode tags for discretion.
- Anyone who registers using an offensive username will have their account deleted, and the name will be added to the ban list so that it can't be used again.
- Don't try to impersonate anybody from FedCom, here or on any other website. You can hide your own identity if you feel the need, but you are not allowed to dishonestly pose as a Malatoran. Accounts created for such a purpose will be banned.
- When starting a new topic, please choose a title relevant to the subject. The staff may alter the name of your topic if you don't.
- Like in life, everything has it's place. If you post something in the wrong section, don't be surprised if a staff member moves it. If you can't find your topic, try the search function. You can also find lists of all your topics and posts by viewing your profile (click your name at the top of the board), and selecting an option from the drop-down menu that appears when you hover over the "Profile Options" link.
- Don't encourage others to break the forum rules.
- The administrators would like to be your friend... but keep in mind this is a forum, not a free-for-all. Tread lightly. Annoy the admins at your own risk.
Preferred Board Language:
- English is the preferred language of this forum. If you must post in another language, please include an English translation. This is for the benefit of our members, as well as a requirement of the ZetaBoards Terms of Service (section 3). Thank you for understanding.
- "haX0r" or "l33t" talk is not English, but it is annoying! Don't butcher your language like that!
- Host posted images yourself, if possible. Avoid "leaching" them from someone else's site, because it eats up their site's bandwidth, and that's unfair to them. ImageShack and Photobucket are both excellent places to host your images for free.
- If you want to post an image that is exceptionally large (in physical dimensions or in file size), use a smaller thumbnail that links to your image instead. Both of the above image-hosting services provide such thumbnails.
Advertising / AdBots:
These rules apply to all features and functions of this board, including the Personal Messaging (PM) system.
- This board is an AdBot-free zone.
- Computer programs designed to masquerade as humans for the purpose of posting unsolicited advertising (aka: "AdBots") will not be tolerated.
- Accounts that appear to be an AdBot will be deleted on sight, their IP address will be permanently banned, and they will be reported to this database.
- Unsolicited advertising will be regarded as SPAM, and may result in your account being restricted or banned.