Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Friendshipscanlation. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Cleaner Test
Topic Started: Aug 22 2012, 09:15 PM (5,663 Views)
Tsukiko Tokoyami

Please put together the double spread (page 01), and clean page 02, 03, 04, 05, and 06 to the best of your ability.
This is not an easy test, we do not expect it to be perfect. But you better clean all those pages. We just want to see your level of cleaning.

There are more detailed instructions inside the rar file.

Download the test here:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/qhq6139t4pepwg4/FriendshipScans_Cleaner_Test.rar

Email results to friendshipscans@gmail.com

Dear Cleaner,

-Please make sure you set the image mode to GrayScale (does not apply to colored pages)
-Make sure to leave a DUPLICATE of the raw layer before you start cleaning! The duplicate raw will help typesetter to position things. Very important!
-Please set image width to 730px "Alt-Ctrl-I"
(If page is intended to be double, keep it double and use 1460px width. You don't have to redraw double pages. Just place two pages at approximately right position and put a small white space in between)
-set the resolution to 72

-Very Optional: If raw is smaller than 730px, use a Denoise and a Sharpen filter after resizing.
-DO NOT USE ERASER. Use white brush instead (Opacity 100%, Flow 100%). Eraser cause problems
-Please dodge the edges if it's dark.

Need help? See these Intro to Cleaning!
http://www.mediafire.com/?ksvbzivb9e4h71m
http://senbonzakura.kageyoshi.net/2008/01/03/precleaning-diffuse-filter/

**You do not have do ALL THE ADVANCED THINGS written in these guides. Our goal is to create nice, clean images. Please do not go crazy over this part!! As long as images look presentable (like the ones you see on mangafox), it’s good to go!**
Edited by cowsarenice, Jul 13 2015, 05:22 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SoraKimura
Member Avatar

Here are my cleaned versions of the pages. On one of them I wasn't sure whether I was supposed to get rid of the "!?" so I left it in there.

Cleaner Test Pages
Edited by SoraKimura, Mar 21 2017, 07:40 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Register for Free
« Previous Topic · Editor, Proofreader, etc. Tests · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Theme created by vcd of the ZetaBoards Theme Zone â–ª Style District