Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Friendshipscanlation. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Proofreader Test V3 [Closed]
Topic Started: Jul 23 2013, 08:35 PM (9,277 Views)
cowsarenice
Member Avatar
Magic cow
Attention
As of January 1/2017 we are no longer accepting proofreaders

Greetings to all you lovely proofreader applicants (or not) reading this :)!

First of all, thanks for choosing FS (or not)! We are always delighted to welcome new members into our humble home~

I'm just going to copy the description we have for proofreaders from our website...

As a proofreader, you are expected to be fluent in English, good at finding mistakes as well as know correct grammar and spellings. A proofreader goes through a translated document and corrects all mistakes (grammatical errors, misspellings, etc.). Basically, you will help the translator to improve the translation, whether it is to fix grammar or to correct vocabularies. Another very important aspect of proofreading is helping the translator to make the wording flow naturally. Additionally, the genre of the project is important because different genres call for different ways of speaking so collaboration with the translator is a must in your job.

Okay even if you didn't read that big blob of text, that's okay too...

Anyways, on to business! I present to you, the official Friendship Scans Proofreader Test:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/fpz3tqlje5wn2r0/FriendshipScansProofreaderV3.rar

By the way, props to our dear head editor Kat for the script :P.

Requirements:
Please make your changes obvious (I prefer you to mark your changes in another color)
After you complete the test, send it to friendshipscans@gmail.com along with your username on the forum. (beware: your message will be judged; although not exactly scrutinized, but whatever you say/how you say things will be noticed) so don't go all @cr0nym$ & do11@r $ign$ on me.

Please note that this comes in a .rar file which includes the raws, so you will need winrar or some kind of program to open the test.

And if you don't want to download winrar, I strongly advise you to because having the raws alongside you as you proofread is a great help. (especially for some tricky translations~)

In addition, these raws contain no text because I didn't want anyone to have an upper hand with language for this test. (also I wanted the test to be unique :3) Although, it is worth to mention if you do have some kind of language skills. (beware: we might try to make you a translator :P)

I think that's all I need to mention :). (that's a lot of stuff to read...good luck with that...@_@)
Good luck to you all and don't be scared to ask questions! (If you have questions, please PM me! Don't make extra posts on this topic!)

Edited by Estesapphire, Feb 5 2017, 05:01 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
« Previous Topic · Editor, Proofreader, etc. Tests · Next Topic »

Theme by Cody of Outline