Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to the GRG Supercentenarian Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and you can only read the forum. If you want to ask a question, provide new information, or help other members, you can register as a Forum Member. The forum will ask you to validate your e-mail address. You will then be able to post in the "About Supercentenarians" category only. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free!

Join the GRG Supercentenarian Forum!

If you're already a Forum Member, you can log in below:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Emma Morano in 2017
Topic Started: 7 Mar 2017, 18:48 (186 Views)
Robert D. Young
Member Avatar
GRG Forum Co-Founder

Greetings,

Here's a photo of Emma Morano, apparently taken today:

http://www.ansa.it/webimages/img_457x/2017/3/7/4df48ec6a4aeaef3f0f9906ef8934548.jpg

http://www.vcoazzurratv.it/notizie/attualita/3676-lira-e-mimosa-per-emma-morano

Though I'm glad to see that she is still alive, it's a bit disappointing to see the photo being taken where she is unable to hold her head up.

What's the difference between "honoring" supercentenarians and "exploiting" them? It's a difficult call in many cases, but I think the first rule is to take into consideration the wishes and needs of the person being photographed. It looks less than dignified to see Emma Morano struggling to hold her head up for a photo-op, which seems to benefit the one being photographed, not Emma.

Senior Consultant for Gerontology, Guinness World Records (from Nov 23 2005)
Senior Claims Researcher, Gerontology Research Group (from June 1999-2012, 2014).
Senior Database Administrator, Gerontology Research Group (from Dec 2012)
Director, GRG Supercentenarian Research and Database Division (from Feb 12 2015)
Founder, World's Oldest People Group (from June 2002)
Co-Founder, GRG Supercentenarian Forum (from 2011)
Bureaucrat, Gerontology Wiki (from Oct 2 2007)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Peter Vermaelen
Member Avatar

It seems the fact she wasnt able to hold her head up was indeed a red flag towards her future survival. May she R.I.P.

Although I believe this video should not have been published.
Edited by Peter Vermaelen, 24 Jul 2017, 08:54.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · World's Oldest Women · Next Topic »
Add Reply