WELCOME To The "NEW" HEAR ROCK CITY!
Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
...Meet The NEW Boss - SAME As The OLD Boss!
Welcome to HEAR ROCK CITY!

You're currently viewing The BARN as a GUEST.
This means you are limited to certain areas...
If you join HEAR ROCK CITY, you'll be able to access member-only sections,
and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile,
sending personal messages, getting HRC exclusives, Etc.

So, REGISTER Today! - It's is Simple, Fast, and completely FREE!

Join Together With The BARN!

If you're already a MEMBER... LOG IN, And Enjoy Your Stay!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
PAUL McCARTNEY & WINGS - "Lympne Castle Sessions"; September 11th to 29th, 1978 Lympne Castle, Kent, England
Topic Started: Sep 5 2015, 03:02 PM (486 Views)
slipperman
Member Avatar

PAUL McCARTNEY & WINGS - "Lympne Castle Sessions"
Lympne Castle, Kent, England
September 11th to 29th, 1978

Notes: an interesting collection of odds & ends from around the time of "Back To The Egg."

Paul McCartney - vocals, bass, acoustic, piano
Linda McCartney - keys, backing vocals
Denny Laine - guitar, vocals
Lawrence Juber - guitar, vocals
Steve Holly - drums

01 Harmonica Groove
02 Sail Away
03 Judy, Judy
04 Young Love
05 Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On
06 I'm Gonna Be A Wheel Someday
07 No Disgrace
08 Take Your Time
09 Twenty Flight Rock
10 Won't You Be My Baby
11 Boogie
12 Memories
13 Crazy Fool
14 Classical Licks
15 Grass Is Growing
16 Beautiful Dream
17 Little Queenie
18 All In Love Is Fair
19 I'm Walking
20 Don't Do Your Daddy Wrong
21 Tell Me Why
22 Show Me The Way To Go Home

Wiki-Notes:
Following a summer break, Wings moved to Lympne (pronounced Lim) castle in Kent, England. The owners of the castle appeared on two recordings: Dierdre Margary contributed spoken word to the opening track Reception, while her husband Harold recited The Sport Of Kings by Ian Hay and The Little Man by John Galsworthy over the backing track of The Broadcast.
We recorded most of it in a medieval castle in Kent. For a whole month we took over this fortress and proceeded to record in the kitchen, the stairwell, the spiral staircase and the main hall. What's more, the owner found herself narrating a story called The Poodle And The Pug on a special track. It was good. It was interesting. We like to record in unusual places because it gives the recordings a healthier and brighter approach. I personally don't believe in acoustic myths. I think that, as long as you have good mikes and good songs, you can record anywhere.
Paul McCartney
The RAK mobile studio was again used at Lympne; Steve Holly's drums were positioned inside the fireplace in the great hall. Songs worked on at the castle included We're Open Tonight, After The Ball, Million Miles, Reception, The Broadcast, a new version of Love Awake, and a demo of Rockestra Theme.
McCartney wrote and recorded Robber's Ball while at Lympne, and completed the unreleased Cage. Wings also taped an instrumental, Ranachan Rock, but this too remained unused.

https://www.mediafire.com/?8a3j5ccbdsv611e

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

turtlebutt

thank you

silverbeatle

I really expected to enjoy this much more than I did when I originally purchased it, but since it was around "Back To The Egg", I took a chance. You were spot on when you called it "odds & ends." "Sunny Side Up", which you posted a few days back, is a much better listen.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · STUDIO Unofficial MUSIC · Next Topic »
Add Reply

© 2014 HEAR ROCK CITY