Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
  • Pages:
TEAM: LOS AZTECAS DE MEXICO CITY, D.F.; GM Jason Jackson
Topic Started: Jan 10 2018, 01:44 AM (2,235 Views)
Strike
Member Avatar
Strike
Posted Image
Los Aztecas de Mexico City, D.F.
Team Information:
City: Mexico City, Mexico
Team Colors: Orange, yellow, green, white, red
Market Size: Large
Conference: Western
Team Owner: Alejandro Fernandez
Team Secretary: Adriana Garcia
Team Doctor: Dr. Isabella Cruz

Team History:
A lack of success over the last two seasons, a small market in Eugene that was completely overshadowed by Portland and the Trail Blazers of NBA fame meant that the Oregon Storm were primed for a purchase, especially as their owner declared bankruptcy halfway through Season 7. Fight promoter and long-time business mogul Alejandro Fernandez saw an unique opportunity in his hands as he bought the Oregon franchise at its full value and made the necessary connections to secure a state-of-the-art arena and training facility within Mexico City, Mexico. That also included a deal with the league to allow the newly-branded Aztecas to cut off all of their roster members to deal away all their roster members outside of starters in PG Garland Schmidt, SG Kurt Kinney and SF Jeffrey Treece.

Los Aztecas and Mr. Fernandez are looking for a General Manager that will offer plenty of “unique opportunities” to the varied class of free agents and draft picks ahead of them in order to build a powerhouse for years to come in the NABA.

Season 1: 18-12 [as Oregon Storm]
Season 2: 20-10 [as Oregon Storm]
Season 3: 24-6 [as Oregon Storm]
Season 4: 15-15 [as Oregon Storm]
Season 5: 15-15 [as Oregon Storm]
Season 6: 11-19 [as Oregon Storm]
Season 7: 9-21 [as Oregon Storm]

Awards and Achievements:
Season 3 Western Division Champions [as Oregon Storm]
Season 3 Sixth Man of the Year (Rico Moreno - PF) [as Oregon Storm]

Playoff Appearances:
Season 1 [First Round] (as Oregon Storm)
Season 2 [Conference Finals] (as Oregon Storm)
Season 3 [First Round] (as Oregon Storm)
Season 4 [First Round] (as Oregon Storm)
Season 6 [First Round] (as Oregon Storm)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Strike
Member Avatar
Strike
Posted Image
Posted Image

...Can you hear that sound? It is the sound...of an unique opportunity.

Because Los Aztecas have finally arrived in the NABA and with it, comes a team that will play at an altitude that most basketball players cannot handle on short notice. It comes with a city of people who are DYING to latch on to a team that not only is exciting but that plays every bit of the aggressive type of basketball that their ancestors in the Aztecas did in ancient times.

THIS SHALL BE A TEMPLE! Where things like honor, courage and even a little bit of violence will be encouraged.

Do you believe you have what it takes to be my General Manager and to lead Los Aztecas into war? ...Then step into my office!

Jason Jackson
Member Avatar

Posted Image
Jason Jackson

Honor, Courage, and Volence? That is my way of life Amigo. Being a world class fighter isn't a walk in the park, and neither is running a basketball team. I thrive under pressure, however... and where most men crumble under the weight; I, like coal... over time, will turn into a diamond. An asset of true value, because when the going gets tough...the tough get going. Right?

You say you want to provide a unique opportunity for these young players, and new fans? Well, I'm no seasoned GM and this may be my first year on the block but what better way than coming out the gate as a brand new team/GM with unrivaled tenacity and fire? That is what I bring to the table. Things may be a bit rocky in takeoff but I can promise you that no matter what I will remain loyal, never stop fighting for wins, and never stop fighting to make Los Aztecas a force to be reckoned with for years to come. I want to work hard on developing the young talent, and turn them into the future stars of tomorrow. It's my passion in life, and so far in MMA I've found moderate success with building the future generation up to its highest potential. I'm certain that my drive and motivation will transfer over, and be beneficial to any team that puts me in the driver seat.

Posted Image

Strike
Member Avatar
Strike
Posted Image
Posted Image

I can see you are a man of ambition, Señor Jackson.

Now, you say about working well under pressure, so let's do a little bit of roleplaying, if you will. Say you are my General Manager and you have two players who really just want to hit each other, badly. One of them is your team captain and the other is your star player. Tell me how you would deal with this situation and what steps you would take to make sure this didn't happen again.

Jason Jackson
Member Avatar

Posted Image
Jason Jackson

By all means, Let’s roleplay. Hmm… that question actually requires a bit of thought and careful consideration. My initial instinct would be to get the two some gloves and headgear; and let them have at it. Of course there are a few variables that make me halt on that approach entirely however. First, we need our players healthy and performing at their best, and while a good ol’ sparring session could help clear up some of the hostility; it also poses a chance for an injury and that’s not something I’m willing to risk. There’s also the matter of the fight not resolving the conflict at all and only escalating it further… so that would definitely not be the right approach.

instead, I think I would take the two out on the town. Treat them to a few drinks, and a nice dinner…. and see if we could de-escalate the situation. I would do my best to find the root of the animosity, and attempt to find a solution. I’d also let the Captain know that it’s his JOB as captain of this team to hold the squad together, not tear them apart. Both players need to know that it will be damn near impossible to win basketball games when there is a war on the inside. To cohesively play together and be successful we need chemistry and punching each other in the face doesn’t build morale. If the two can’t get on the same page and my captain does a poor job in the role I would look to move some people around, make a switch in the captain role and… as a last resort look to shop one of them around and make a trade.

Does that answer your question sir?

Posted Image

Strike
Member Avatar
Strike
Posted Image
Posted Image

A very articulate and proper response, Señor Jackson.

To follow-up on that, if not given a choice and both men in question making it clear neither wants to work with the order...which one would you trade, in this case? The captain or the star?

Jason Jackson
Member Avatar

Posted Image
Jason Jackson

There are a lot of variables to that decision as well. I'd take into consideration tenure, and overall contribution to the team. I'd also try and gauge how the rest of the team feels. Who do they align with the most? Another captain can be assigned but true star players are a rarity so... It's a tough choice but I think... Unless the team deeply relies on and supports the captain, I'd promote the assistant captain or second choice into the spot and trade the former captain away. Simply due to the fact that being a captain means you handle situations like this and make it work for the sake of the team... Not act like (pardon my language) but a crybaby Bitch about things. I want chemistry between my players and I'll do whatever it takes to make that happen... No matter the difficulty of the decisions I may face.
Posted Image

Strike
Member Avatar
Strike
Posted Image
Posted Image

You and I are cut out of the same cloth, it seems.

Stars are stars for a reason and I do not tolerate whiny bitches under my employ. These Aztecas, we will be warriors every time we step into the court.

The only question I have left to ask, at this point is this, Señor Jackson...

When can you start?

Jason Jackson
Member Avatar

Posted Image
Jason Jackson

When can I start? Haha Yesterday amigo. Glad to part of the team. Let's build a legacy.
Posted Image

Strike
Member Avatar
Strike
Posted Image
Posted Image

Excellent. I look forward to our partnership.

Adriana, our team secretary, will be in to introduce herself shortly with information about where we stand as a team.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Team Headquarters · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: