Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Brian Stryker: Timeless
Topic Started: Feb 13 2018, 01:29 AM (148 Views)
Brian Stryker

Scene fades into Brian Stryker sitting on his couch with his son Ritche on his lap. In Brian’s hands is a big cardboard book. The cover says “Tales of Brian the Timeless”.

BRIAN STRYKER: Ready to hear daddy’s story Ritche?

RITCHE DOUGHERTY: Yeaaah.

Brian smiles as he kisses his son’s head as he opens the book.

The scene fades out as it zooms into the book as it turns to clips from throughout Brian Stryker’s Career from the time he was a kid to even now in Hard Knox Wrestling and Frontier Grappling Arts. From the highest highs to the lowest lows. It was all about the journey from young baby face teen to the man he is now. Suddenly the words “Timeless” flashes across the screen before fading to Brian and Ritchie on the couch again.

BRIAN STRYKER: Once upon a time, there was a young man named Brian who wanted nothing more to be a pro wrestler. Brian lived in the mean streets of a city called Philadelphia.

The scene then cuts to home footage of Brian as a young child starts playing over some soft guitar music.

BRIAN STRYKER: I was born February 7th 1987 in South Philadelphia.

Some footage plays of Brian as a young baby plays then cuts to him sitting alone in chair being interviewed.

BRIAN STRYKER: That day was memorable in my family cause when my mom was being taken to the hospital by my grandparents, there was a tractor trailer accident on the main road to the hospital and so they had to drive through 40 minutes of traffic with a heavily in labor woman screaming out the window.

Scene changes to footage of a toddler Brian sitting on the front step of his home.

BRIAN STRYKER: I grew up on 27th street in south philly at a time when there was alot of problems doing around the city. At the time there was the irish gang The K&A Mob was running around near the along with the Scarfo crime family running. It was a dangerous time. It wasn’t uncommon to see someone overdosing on methamphetamines or being shot in broad daylight. It was just...part of life for me. We didn’t have alot of money, me and my mom, and the little we did have went to keeping the lights on, water flowing, and heat kicking.

The scene then cuts to another gentlemen with the caption “Derek Romano: Childhood friend”.

DEREK ROMANO: Growing back then, it was all about having people to watch your back. Even as early as like 7th grade. You had to walk with your buddies or else you were getting jumped. And Brian was the kid everyone wanted to walk with. No one messed with him.

It cuts back to Brian.

BRIAN STRYKER: By 7th grade I earned a reputation as being a bit of a hard head. I gotten into so many fights. Most which I started. I was always under the belief that bullies wouldn’t bother you if you just keep popping them in the mouth enough. Only problem was sometimes they pop you back.

He laughed a bit as he shook his head. It cuts to more footage of a young teen Brian horsing around during school with some friends.

DEREK ROMANO: Brian was a trouble maker in the pure since of the word. He was ALWAYS getting into some kind of trouble.

BRIAN STRYKER: Problem was I loved to joke around. I was always trying to make something into a joke. Puns and such were my go to thing. Teachers went nuts trying to control me.

Cuts to a much older woman captioned Jessica Taunbum: Teacher.

JESSICA TAUNBUM: Brian was a brilliant mind when he could actually focus, but get him to was like trying to get an elephant to tap dance. He was always off in his own little world.

BRIAN STRYKER: One time in music class, we're supposed to be playing these instruments that we picked and I got stuck with the saxophone that I hated. So I had a friend buy a cassette of a saxophone player and during class when I'm supposed to showcase how good I got, my buddy would play the tape.

DEREK ROMANO: It would have worked if the rest of the jazz band didn't start playing on the tape.

He laughs a bit then to a woman with the caption Emma Jacobson: Childhood friend.

EMMA JACOBSON: I met Brian freshman year of high school as I moved into the house next to his. He was a nice kid bit on the quiet side. My mom kept telling me not to hang out with him cause he was such a bad influence. But that only made it more fun to hang around him. He was just a lively spirit.….but that all changed the summer going into sophomore year.

BRIAN STRYKER: August 21, 2002. That was the day my mom was diagnosed with brain cancer. That was when I decided I wasn’t going back to school. Someone had to work and help take care of my mom. And that job rested with me.

DEREK ROMANO: When Brian dropped out to work, we were a bit upset. We were losing a friend and while we understood why, it’s never fun seeing someone you care about going through something like that.

BRIAN STRYKER: I worked at this little diver bar on 30th street called Dino’s. My job was serving drinks, sweeping floors, taking the occasional sports bet. It was grubby, dirty, sketchy, and horrible but it was money for my mom’s bills.

EMMA JACOBSON: I once went to see Brian where he worked one day after school just to check in on him and he looked miserable. He just wasn’t having a good time.

BRIAN STRYKER: Cancer is just bad enough on it’s on. When you have to also watch it destroy a beautiful woman from the inside and there’s nothing doctors can do. It’s just….just horrible.

Brian is sitting in silence in his chair as he started to get a bit teary eye.

BRIAN STRYKER: Sorry….14 years and it’s still painful.

He sniffs as he wipes his face. Footage of his mom holding Brian as a baby starts to play over some sad slow piano music.

BRIAN STRYKER: My mom died December 2003. She went as peaceful as she could. Her final words to me were “Don’t let this life stop you. You are bound for great things.” She couldn’t been more wrong for a long time.

DEREK ROMANO: Brian wasn’t the same after that. Best way I could describe it, the kid I knew growing up. He died alongside his mom. The guy I knew after that. He was a shell of himself.

EMMA JACOBSON: He became closed off. He didn’t like getting close to people after that. He was just….done. He was done with school. Done with friends. Done with life almost. It was the closet I have ever seen a person to being dead inside.

BRIAN STRYKER: Now the problem I had was. At 16 years old I had to go into the foster care system. Got to when you’re under 18. But no one wanted to adopt a 16 year old. Just didn’t happen. I don’t know the exact number off the top of my head but if you’re in the foster care system by the time your 15, your chances of being adopted drop dramatically.

I did get sponsored by this one family in Philly and they were kinda nice to me, but I knew they weren’t gonna adopt me. They were to “normal” and didn’t want some long hair teenager who was bitter and angry at the world and still getting into fights. I knew that right away so after about a month of that I packed up and left. Decided living on the streets now was better then getting thrown into it later.

The scene cuts back to Brian and Ritche reading the story as Brian turns the thick cardboard page.

BRIAN STRYKER: And so the young hero ventured into the world on his own with only his bag to call his own. He searched for his destiny and purpose, not realizing that his purpose in life was to find him very soon. A purpose he never even considered. And it would begin a long winding road that brought much pratfalls and dangers.

TO BE CONTINUED
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Register for Free
« Previous Topic · Shoots/Promos/Interviews/Diary Entries · Next Topic »
Add Reply