Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Change In Results?
Topic Started: Feb 13 2018, 03:31 PM (273 Views)
Sean Sands
Member Avatar
Devil In Disguise
Okay, guys. So after discussing this, I’ve decided to do a post on the boards to see your reactions to this.

Doing full results every week is honestly beginning to drain us and the one thing we don’t want to have is burnout. It takes a lot of work to just write matches and we do appreciate others who help, but we also don’t want to keep practically having to beg others to write matches when they might barely have any time to give up as it is. So we’ve come up with a solution (hopefully).

Switch to summarized results....sorta.

Basically, what we want to do (myself and Logan specifically) is have summarized matches for Defiance, Subversion, and House of Pain for the most part. Segs remain fully written out and become the main focus while most matches written are summarized, with the only exceptions being titles matches and #1 contender’s matches and maybe a rarity of any other type of match.

By doing this, we free up enough time for myself and Logan to not do one to two fully written out matches but maybe 3 to 4 summarized matches. Those who constantly help us write matches for the shows can even take a break and not have to help us out until (hopefully) PPV season.

And yes, PPVs will have fully written out matches. Those will remain the same. But it’s honestly draining the hell out of us having to write full matches, especially when we don’t have enough writers and have to add more matches on our plate some shows.

So what we’re hoping is that everyone is for going summarized for the regular shows and going all out for the PPVs.

Thanks for reading.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Christian Kane
Member Avatar

I think this is a good idea. Fully on-board with it.
Posted Image

Dirty Waters

Sounds good to me. I think with summarized for the regular shows people might also hopefully be more adept at picking up on the key takeaways from the match, which can sometimes get missed when ppl are trying to get through a whole show worth of long matches and segs every week.

Ashley Sullivan

However you guys feel it'll help you keep things going as effecietly as you can without driving yourselves nuts. I say roll with it.
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
2016 Midyear Champion Knoxer Award
2016 Rumble To Destiny Winner
Posted Image
Posted Image

Ashley Marie Chase
Member Avatar

Works for me. Whatever makes things easier for you guys
Posted Image

HKW Wrestler 3/13/16 - Present

Posted Image

BB
Member Avatar

Pros:
- Easier to read.
- More people will be willing to help match write.
- Shows more than likely will rarely be late.
- A lot less strenuous on staff.
- PPV's will more than likely be flames and everyone who writes will probably be charged up.

Cons:
- Nada

Most feds are summaries these days anyway. The biggest PRO will be you'll never see "THIS POST IS TOO LONG" ever again and that is literally the dirt worst thing when posting shows >_<

Celeste
Member Avatar

I agree with all this as well. Summarized is the way to go.

Josiah Weber

I'll say this. Most people don't even both to read the long results anymore. There are still some that do but most just scan to the end for the winner and then read segments. I'm with everyone else who has responded to this. Summarized results work fine and it will take a major burden off you guys with having a show that goes up every week.

Legit don't see any reason NOT to make this change.

Brian Stryker

Whatever helps keep you guys from killing each other and yourselves I'm for.
Posted Image
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Defiance and Subversion Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply