Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to IWS Eagle Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Sunday, May 6, 2012; Have a nice Sunday!
Topic Started: May 6 2012, 01:45 AM (365 Views)
EarthMuffin
Eagle Guardian
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Harpo516
Member Avatar
Eagle Guardian
Pralne - outstanding .... what a beautiful post - love the eagle image <3 :><: :><: :><: :88: :88: :88: :88:

There's a little stream that runs beside the farm where that eagle nest is and that's where they fish! If you look closely at one of the parent flying photos - you'll see Mr. Amish working behind her in the background :)

I'd get nothing done if I lived there - I'd be watching that nest 24 hrs a day :)

There was a guy fishing in the stream - I wanted to walk over and tell him those are eagle fish - put 'em back rofl but I didn't

OK time to get on the road - westward thru PA - a blink thru WV and then hello OH

See ya tonight :}^

Naturegal
Member Avatar
Eagle Guardian
Praline - Very clever :><: and <3 the stained glass eagle photo. Great job :)^

Naturegal
Member Avatar
Eagle Guardian
LATEST UPDATE ON HARMON :X: VIDEO

http://www.mnbound.com/bald-eagle-blog

Posted Image

Artsy Mom
Member Avatar
Eagle Guardian
Good Sunday Morning Cruzers

Posted Image

:clk: on Mama Cardinal for the complete story of her nest in pictures by Bob Mislan :ok:
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Artsy Mom
Member Avatar
Eagle Guardian
Praline your NAC post image and guote are perfect :><: :><: :><: I <3 that stained glass image :)^

Carole thanks for the continuing updates on poor little Harmon :)^ I know they will take excellent care of him at the Raptor Center. :X: they can get him back to his nest before his parents decide to leave.

Artsy Mom
Member Avatar
Eagle Guardian
Meet Duane's backyard birdfeeder marauder :D

Posted Image
:clk: for video (1:04)

"This one (female I think) has been in my backyard for nearly 3 years. It brought a baby last year to the bird feeder . I don't feed it intentionally...but it does empty the bird feeder each night and I put up with it because 1...it's cute and 2, it's afraid of me."  :lol:

Artsy Mom
Member Avatar
Eagle Guardian
After a morning meal of pigeon at the RTH nest

Posted Image
Ma still trying to stuff in more while her :^: :^: :^: are trying to :Zz: off the food coma rofl

Posted Image

Ma ducks as Pa arrives with another chipmunk for lunch

Posted Image

Thanks dear we'll need more in the larder by suppertime :P

Posted Image

Artsy Mom
Member Avatar
Eagle Guardian
Ma RTH started feeding the new arrival to her :^: :^: :^:

Posted Image

Oops that piece was way too big for the :^: on the right

Posted Image

Meanwhile :^: on the left hacks up what looks like an entire mouse :o

Posted Image

Stringy stuff, I'll spare you the spleen...ewwww but :Yum: :Yum: :Yum:

Posted Image

I haven't seen any peck downs at all here...she feeds them so fast and so much and so often they are basically stuffed to the gills the entire time  :lol:

Artsy Mom
Member Avatar
Eagle Guardian
Hey Kris don't be a stranger :ok:

What's happening with your backyard denizens? Did Daffy have her ducklings yet?

Topa Topa Hikers
Eagle Guardian
EarthMuffin
May 6 2012, 01:45 AM
Posted Image

Praline, you touched my soul with this post. I just LOVE it! :D

Topa Topa Hikers
Eagle Guardian
Well I probably won't be opening the forum much this summer season.
Like today Zoey and I left the house for our hike at 7:15 while it was still cool out.

Front page VC Star news.

Posted Image

Ventura County residents beware: baby rattlesnake numbers are booming

Slyapich removed 25 baby rattlesnakes last week from homes throughout the Conejo Valley and surrounding area that his business covers, he said.
The calls included one involving a 2-year-old Calabasas child being bitten on the finger by a baby rattler on the back porch of her home and eight baby rattlers under a mobile home in Camarillo. He said he also is getting one to three calls a day about dogs being bitten by adult rattlesnakes.

The explosion of baby rattlers, Slyapich says, is a domino effect from Mother Nature's ample rainfall two years ago. The rain produced lots more plants and seeds, which increased the rodent population that feeds off them. More rodents meant lots more food for female rattlesnakes last year, and when rattlesnake mothers are healthy, they produce bigger litters, Slyapich said.

Read more: http://www.vcstar.com/news/2012/may/05/ventura-county-residents-beware-baby-rattlesnake/#ixzz1u6olhRt5
- vcstar.com
Read more: http://www.vcstar.com/news/2012/may/05/ventura-county-residents-beware-baby-rattlesnake/#ixzz1u6mstkxH
- vcstar.com

Artsy Mom
Member Avatar
Eagle Guardian
Yikes Topa :8O:
Thank goodness we don't have that problem...just garter snakes at the Manitoba Narcisse Snake Pits

Snakes Alive!!! (2:15 )

DH and I have no plans to go see them :P

I thought you were going to say because you will be in Santa Barbara with Avery Rachel and John :P

Topa Topa Hikers
Eagle Guardian
PH
Posted Image

Topa Topa Hikers
Eagle Guardian
Artsy Mom
May 6 2012, 09:05 AM
I thought you were going to say because you will be in Santa Barbara with Avery Rachel and John :P

:D No we're giving them their space this weekend. ;)

Avery update

Posted Image

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Daily Chat · Next Topic »
Add Reply