Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to NY IslandersCountry. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Sebastian Collberg
Topic Started: Mar 6 2014, 05:26 AM (2,761 Views)
puckhead
Member Avatar
All Star
For those who are unfamiliar with Collberg

“He has the chance to be a top-six forward in this league.”

“Good speed, good hands,” Snow said. “He could be a real impact player.”

To me, sounds like another Chris Taylor, Justin Papineau, Jason Zent and every other 2nd rounder who never makes it.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

4CUPZ
Member Avatar
HEAD OF SECURITY
GEE NOW MY MIND IS AT EASE
KNOWING HOW SPOT ON GARTH HAS BEEN IN THE PAST

IMPACT PLAYER
YEAH IF HE DECIDES TO JOIN THE DEMOLITION DERBY

puckhead
Member Avatar
All Star
4CUPZ,Mar 6 2014
08:04 AM
GEE NOW MY MIND IS AT EASE
KNOWING HOW SPOT ON GARTH HAS BEEN IN THE PAST

IMPACT PLAYER
YEAH IF HE DECIDES TO JOIN THE DEMOLITION DERBY

This franchise is indeed a demolition derby Cupz.

Canadian Isles Fan
Member Avatar
Throwback Player
puckhead,Mar 6 2014
05:26 AM

To me, sounds like another Chris Taylor, Justin Papineau, Jason Zent and every other 2nd rounder who never makes it.

Anyone who plays hockey "has a chance" to be a top six forward in the league. Reality is, there are only so many top six jobs to go around. My money is on him never playing a game in the NHL.
1979-1983 : The Dynasty

Webb20
Member Avatar
Godfather
He'll only make an impact if Garth pushes him out a 10 story window.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Ben Franklin

"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves."-Ronald Reagan

rifleman22
Member Avatar
All Star
Go read the Montreal sites. They are laughing their asses off. This kid was not even the best prospect they had. The DeLa Rose kids is supposed to be better.

Top 6? Not buying it for a minute.
THE RIFLE

Sometimes you're the windshield,
sometimes you're the bug.

Longislanders 8083
AHL Callup
puckhead,Mar 6 2014
05:26 AM

Lol.... I totally agree with you !! I think Garth Snow is a violinist on the sinking titanic when the bow is completely under water telling all of us everything is going to be alright ( we just got a contender to be a top 6 forward in the league ) I read a small article and it read in 40 games he had a total of 9 points ..... Yes our top 6 forward had 3 (three) goals and 6 (six) assists in 40 (fourty) games ..... It's sad when my 7 year old son is crying his eyes out and then tells me to pick another team to watch . Do I look into his eyes and blatantly lie to him and tell him the islanders are doing there very best to get great players for our team we love so much ? I had such big expectations for the value of Thomas vanek and to walk away from the trade of him pretty much giving him away doesn't sit well ...... All of us islanders fans waited long enough for a playoff contending team .... And to be quite honest , I am tired of waiting !! It's just been way to long and we have given away so many great players who have gone on to be awesome products of the nhl within the last 15 years we may have had another cup here on the island !! But as the saying goes it is what it is ! Thanks for another season of bad trades and no playoffs .

rifleman22
Member Avatar
All Star
Anybody named Sebastian is probably a better butler than they are a hockey player.
THE RIFLE

rifleman22
Member Avatar
All Star
Just to prove my point- I went to TSN and searched the name Sebastian.

There are currently 6 players, including Collberg listed.

5 of them have either been released, bought out or sent back to juniors. All have been toiling in the minors since around 2010. None have made an NHL lineup for even a game.

Our "prize" is in the same mold.

Hey Sebastian, I'm out on the deck with some hot babes. Bring us more cold Heinekens and make it snappy. B)
THE RIFLE

Longislanders 8083
AHL Callup
rifleman22,Mar 7 2014
05:20 PM
Just to prove my point- I went to TSN and searched the name Sebastian.

There are currently 6 players, including Collberg listed.

5 of them have either been released, bought out or sent back to juniors. All have been toiling in the minors since around 2010. None have made an NHL lineup for even a game.

Our "prize" is in the same mold.

Hey Sebastian, I'm out on the deck with some hot babes. Bring us more cold Heinekens and make it snappy. B)

Lol..... Love it

puckhead
Member Avatar
All Star
rifleman22,Mar 7 2014
05:14 PM
Anybody named Sebastian is probably a better butler than they are a hockey player.

Sebastian Cabot!

Webb20
Member Avatar
Godfather
puckhead,Mar 8 2014
07:57 AM
rifleman22,Mar 7 2014

Sebastian Cabot!

Mr. French?

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Ben Franklin

"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves."-Ronald Reagan

puckhead
Member Avatar
All Star
Webb20,Mar 8 2014
10:17 AM
puckhead,Mar 8 2014
rifleman22,Mar 7 2014

Sebastian Cabot!

Mr. French?

Bingo Webby!

LEDZEP
Member Avatar
The Best That Ever Skated 80-81-82-83
I had a dream last night of Sebastian Collberg playing for the Islanders
an let me tell u boys an girls Islander fans across the land are in for a treat

The suffering days are soon just a distant memory :dance:
Sometimes I grow so tired, but I know I've got one thing I got to do... Posted Image

What puckhead says is Islander law
Posted Image
Come in with the milk

"A leader, once convinced a particular course of action is the right one,
must have the determination to stick with it and be undaunted when the going gets rough."

Ronald Reagan

4CUPZ
Member Avatar
HEAD OF SECURITY
DAMN ALZHEIMERS

bumpkin
Member Avatar
1st line
puckhead,Mar 8 2014
rifleman22,Mar 7 2014

Sebastian Cabot!

I almost met him as a kid visiting a studio. My dad knew Bob Crane(we were they to watch some taping of Hogan's Heroes),and Mr. Cabot was walking down the street. My sister was sent up to him to ask for his autograph, but he failed to respond when she called him Mr. Hirt.
Where in the World is Sebastian Collberg?

puckhead
Member Avatar
All Star
According to Newsday:

Sebastian Collberg, the prospect acquired from the Canadiens in the Thomas Vanek deal, reportedly has a shoulder injury and is out of action for Frolunda of the Swedish League. He may travel to Long Island for an evaluation from the Islanders' medical staff.

Just in case you're wondering.

LEDZEP
Member Avatar
The Best That Ever Skated 80-81-82-83
Sebastian Collberg before career ending shoulder injury :bag:
Posted Image
Sebastian Collberg before career ending shoulder injury :bag:
Sometimes I grow so tired, but I know I've got one thing I got to do... Posted Image

What puckhead says is Islander law
Posted Image
Come in with the milk

"A leader, once convinced a particular course of action is the right one,
must have the determination to stick with it and be undaunted when the going gets rough."

Ronald Reagan

OlTimeHockey
Member Avatar
All Star
[dohtml]<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/7YrIj4I7ecg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/dohtml]
"clearly it's Rick DiPietro's stupidity that's put the islanders in this situation getting into an altercation when a game was over..." Keith Jones on VS

"But the Coliseum became a repository for all the team's troubles, a convenient scapegoat. There were suggestions that no major free agent ever would set foot in such a decrepit place. We have two words for anyone making that argument: Fenway Park. History says free agents would play in an old boxcar if they got enough money and had a chance to win." - Mark Herrmann

查理斯 · 請死你混蛋

stevedepot
Member Avatar
WISENHEIMER
Let's cut to the chase...

my old coach is a big habs fan.
Who is Collberg???
Last year he wasn't even in their top 10 prospects because he's STILL 2-3 years away from legit NHL challenge at a roster spot...
whoooaaa but wait...that is for Montreal.
Sure, overall he was ranked higher for potential. But he's several years away from BEGINNING to try and show it in the NHL.

For us? he fits right in.

Garth Snow can BS all he wants and the usual cast of brown nosing isles faux writers can echo his BS on how THIS potential top 9 forward who is 2-3 years away MAY be better than an asset of a late 1st or 2nd round pick.

It's mind boggling how gullible stupid some of our fans are.

F this undersized future Mattias Weinhandl talk.

:angrier:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · A Look Ahead · Next Topic »
Add Reply