Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to NY IslandersCountry. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Kulimen out 6 months; Probably played last game as an Islander
Topic Started: Nov 14 2017, 09:37 AM (94 Views)
rifleman22
Member Avatar
All Star
Kulimen underwent shoulder surgery and is out 6 months. Means he probably played his last game as an Islander.

Mixed feelings on this one. It gives young guys the opportunity to play, including JHS. It hurts our penalty kill to a degree. It clears some cap space after this season.

Look, he was okay, not great. Scored 15 in 2015. Didn't do much else.

Was brutal this year IMO and as I have stated, I don't wish injury on anyone.

So, mixed feelings, wish him the best.
THE RIFLE

Sometimes you're the windshield,
sometimes you're the bug.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Webb20
Member Avatar
Godfather
This injury is only going to hurt Kulimen. Ho Sang gets a spot. Chimera goes to the 4th line.

What's not to like? Worried about the PK? Don't be, Kulimen doesnt make any difference.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Ben Franklin

"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves."-Ronald Reagan

rifleman22
Member Avatar
All Star
Webb20,Nov 14 2017
06:02 PM
This injury is only going to hurt Kulimen. Ho Sang gets a spot. Chimera goes to the 4th line.

What's not to like? Worried about the PK? Don't be, Kulimen doesnt make any difference.

Yea, that's why I said "to a point". I never agreed with Weight's assessment that he was VERY valuable on the kill. He wasn't. And yes, it opens up a spot for JHS so there really shouldn't be any yo-yoing between the Bridge and here for him. Hopefully he makes it a no brainer. As long as Chimera moves to the fourth line and not JHS or Beauvy.

This can actually give us a solid set of four lines that consistently play together.

And that is a big positive of this injury.
THE RIFLE

Webb20
Member Avatar
Godfather
rifleman22,Nov 15 2017
07:17 AM
Webb20,Nov 14 2017
06:02 PM
This injury is only going to hurt Kulimen.  Ho Sang gets a spot. Chimera goes to the 4th line.

What's not to like?  Worried about the PK?  Don't be,  Kulimen doesnt make any difference.

Yea, that's why I said "to a point". I never agreed with Weight's assessment that he was VERY valuable on the kill. He wasn't. And yes, it opens up a spot for JHS so there really shouldn't be any yo-yoing between the Bridge and here for him. Hopefully he makes it a no brainer. As long as Chimera moves to the fourth line and not JHS or Beauvy.

This can actually give us a solid set of four lines that consistently play together.

And that is a big positive of this injury.

Except when Prince comes back and we have Quine, Chimera, Prince and HoSang and possibly Beau in a musical chair senario.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Ben Franklin

"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves."-Ronald Reagan

Webb20
Member Avatar
Godfather
You do know with Kulimen out for the long haul our team is completely and solely made up of North Americans

:banana:

Posted Image

No reason we aren't the most physical team in the NHL.

Acards
Member Avatar
Patrick Division
Webb20,Nov 15 2017
12:33 PM
You do know with Kulimen out for the long haul our team is completely and solely made up of North Americans

:banana:

Posted Image

No reason we aren't the most physical team in the NHL.

wow, i didnt realize that

rifleman22
Member Avatar
All Star
Read today where Beauvy is ready to return. They have to decide on whether JHS is returned (due to emergency recall) or stays as a "regular" recall. With the Kulimen injury I hope beyond hope he stays and they have a consistent lineup.

But they probably will continue to yo yo the guy who had a decent game, scored a goal and was at least visible. I hope they don't screw him up like they did Nino.
THE RIFLE

Acards
Member Avatar
Patrick Division
rifleman22,Nov 16 2017
09:03 AM
Read today where Beauvy is ready to return. They have to decide on whether JHS is returned (due to emergency recall) or stays as a "regular" recall. With the Kulimen injury I hope beyond hope he stays and they have a consistent lineup.

But they probably will continue to yo yo the guy who had a decent game, scored a goal and was at least visible. I hope they don't screw him up like they did Nino.

Stays as reg

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Islanders News · Next Topic »
Add Reply