Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to NY IslandersCountry. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
NY Islanders Eye Possible Move to Elmont; NY Islanders Eye Possible Move to Elmont
Topic Started: Apr 22 2017, 06:45 AM (1,196 Views)
LEDZEP
Member Avatar
The Best That Ever Skated 80-81-82-83
https://www.longislandpress.com/2017/02/27/...move-to-elmont/

1. The renovations to the coliseum have cut the seating capacity
to 13,000 for hockey games ... so just add 3000 seats :torrey:

2. Belmont has that the coliseum doesn’t: a Long Island Rail Road station

3. A passionate fan base has done little to improve the Islanders ticket sales. The team currently ranks second to last in the NHL in average home attendance at the toilet called the Barclay center

Posted Image
Sometimes I grow so tired, but I know I've got one thing I got to do... Posted Image

What puckhead says is Islander law
Posted Image
Come in with the milk

"A leader, once convinced a particular course of action is the right one,
must have the determination to stick with it and be undaunted when the going gets rough."

Ronald Reagan
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

stevedepot
Member Avatar
WISENHEIMER
Posted Image

Posted Image

Back to Long island...

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey/islan...says-1.13504161

DannyBinSuffolk
Member Avatar
Secretary of War
And then my islander fandom died o-FISH -aly
RANGERS SUCK

Bring back our 1980s uniforms

F Brooklyn

4CUPZ
Member Avatar
HEAD OF SECURITY
DONT CARE WHAT THE MAP SAYS
NO ONE CONSIDERS BELMONT PARK LONG ISLAND

LEDZEP
Member Avatar
Posted Image
Now wile eating a hot dog between periods an doing your business ...play ball ... :torrey:
Sometimes I grow so tired, but I know I've got one thing I got to do... Posted Image

Posted Image
Come in with the milk

must have the determination to stick with it and be undaunted when the going gets rough."

Ronald Reagan

DannyBinSuffolk
Member Avatar
Secretary of War
Not that it's really a likelihood, but I'd like to see Belmont arena, msg, Barclays, and nvmc all strangle each other's business in a glutted market. Maybe it would at least result in cheaper tix for fans?
:dontknow: At any rate, it would at least be poetic justice.
RANGERS SUCK

Bring back our 1980s uniforms

F Brooklyn

rifleman22
Member Avatar
All Star
I'm to the point where anywhere is better than Brooklyn. Coli, Belmont, Willets Point or in CUPZ back yard are all fine with me. :P
THE RIFLE

Sometimes you're the windshield,
sometimes you're the bug.

CANADA
Member Avatar
The most interesting man in the world
rifleman22,Apr 24 2017
04:29 PM
I'm to the point where anywhere is better than Brooklyn. Coli, Belmont, Willets Point or in CUPZ back yard are all fine with me. :P

right - we could enjoy short term at the coli until the long term solution is ready.

but get the hell out of Brooklyn :angrier:
At the end of the day, it's all about the whiskey, gambling and women !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qag6w_Tp50A

Webb20
Member Avatar
Godfather
First sell out the small coliseum every night before worrying about the size or what needs to be done or if the team needs another arena.
I sold it all, retired and moved to Fabulous Las Vegas!
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Ben Franklin
"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves."-Ronald Reagan

Acards
Member Avatar
Patrick Division
rifleman22,Apr 24 2017
11:29 AM

Totally agree, i was 100% loving a new barclay arena. Honestly i miss the long ride the tailgating and the coli

rifleman22
Member Avatar
All Star
I would gladly take a season or two at the barn as they build our new palace. Don't care about the drive, the parking or the size of the concourse, the place would be crazy.

That having been said, I doubt that the gluttons who own both Barclays and the Coli would be thrilled to have us play there for two seasons only to have us screw their entire operation by moving to another location in year three. Maybe they would, just because they need the revenue, but I doubt it. Unless we negotiate it as a "we're leaving Brooklyn so deal with it and get as much as you can now" negotiation.

We'll see, but this looks like it will be a nasty divorce (and I know about THAT first hand B) )
THE RIFLE

Acards
Member Avatar
Patrick Division
Isles win Belmont? Credible source ?

:dontknow:

rifleman22
Member Avatar
All Star
Not confirmed by all accounts I've read, but Blumenthal withdrew (that is confirmed) so it's between us and the soccer guys (the previous soccer referendum never happened and was cancelled).

So, it looks good right now and apparently is on the fast tract to be approved.

Hope so. If this happens and Garth signs a top four defenseman John SHOULD sign.
THE RIFLE

LEDZEP
Member Avatar
https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=det...ex=3&ajaxhist=0

The new arena will hold 16,500 for hockey and 18,000 for stage shows
an the food will be good along with plenty of free parking

Steve Chong says:
06 Dec 2017 at 03:17 am | #
The manure at Belmont will help with the construction

Brady says:
06 Dec 2017 at 11:14 am | #
This should be completed by 2028

:torrey:

Posted Image
Come in with the milk

Ronald Reagan

rifleman22
Member Avatar
All Star
Article in Newsday today said we will have a decision before 2018 which is in a few weeks. It certainly looks good for us but these are Long Island politicos so who the hell knows.

Question I have is this-

IF this arena is approved and IF the Islanders go get Karlsson from Ottawa (which has gathered some serious steam lately) or another top 4 defenseman, does John sign?

If he does we all celebrate. If he still says no that is a major issue. He'll start to hear it in the press and it will affect the team. He said he wanted to see where we're going and these two things are about the best we can do to show we're serious.

So IF these two things happen we'll find out if he's as serious and loyal,as he says he is. Or not. Interesting situation for sure.

Wouldn't it be an absolute lightning bolt of positive if he says "They did what I wanted to see, I'm signing"

We can only hope.
THE RIFLE

Acards
Member Avatar
Patrick Division
Looks like Wens belmont will announce

LEDZEP
Member Avatar
Acards,Dec 18 2017
06:15 PM
Looks like Wens belmont will announce

Found this .. looks like Bill Gates is involved ..

https://www.yahoo.com/news/bill-gates-80-mi...-133105603.html

Posted Image
Come in with the milk

Ronald Reagan

rifleman22
Member Avatar
All Star
I have no faith in Long Island politicians. But if they can't see that our proposal absolutely dwarfs the soccer dudes they are blind. I believe this saves our franchise (obviously) and gives us a permanent home to build on. One that will not have the Kate Murray's and a corrupt vendor group sucking us dry. Start fresh, with equitable revenue distribution, community givebacks and a fan experience we can all enjoy.

One thought that went through my feeble mind is this- the fact that they moved so quickly is in our favor. They are aware of the current arena dilemma, and to some degree (not sure about this) but the JT situation as well. So, I'm quite sure the Islanders made it clear this HAS to move quickly. And it did.

Bottom line- selfishly I will travel to this new arena as much as possible. I miss tailgating with my kids a lot. I'll even stay at the Marriott after games if that makes sense. I now live in Connecticut and I have one son and daughter in Jersey, one in Ohio and one in Michigan. We don't all get together as often as we like but when we do the first questions is always "are the Islanders home?" And now, they will finally have a HOME and it will be great.

I hope beyond hope this thing goes through.
THE RIFLE

Acards
Member Avatar
Patrick Division
Islanders win belmont bid

Stevedepot gets the credit for fast breaking news in the FB gorup, Long Island gets the team back

CANADA
Member Avatar
The most interesting man in the world
Acards,Dec 19 2017
05:28 PM
Islanders win belmont bid

Stevedepot gets the credit for fast breaking news in the FB gorup, Long Island gets the team back

wow ! :punk:

At the end of the day, it's all about the whiskey, gambling and women !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qag6w_Tp50A

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Islanders News · Next Topic »
Add Reply