Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to NY IslandersCountry. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Islanders Vs Rangers; 1/ 13 /18 @ 1:000 PM
Topic Started: Jan 7 2018, 07:06 PM (305 Views)
LEDZEP
Member Avatar
The Best That Ever Skated 80-81-82-83
Islanders Vs Rangers
:isles: :isles: :isles: :isles:

Posted Image February 25th, 1979 .. Denis Potvin breaks Rangers center Ulf Nilsson ankle .. Nilsson is never the same player ..The chant Potvin Sucks in born an is yelled to this day
Posted Image April 10, 1984 Ken Morrows shot from the right side slid through a screen to beat Glen Hanlon for the five-game victory
Posted Image April 11, 1975 As game unfolds JP Parise scored an overtime winning goal in just 11 seconds, at the time the fastest overtime goal in NHL history Isles beat Rangers 3 to 2 in there first ever playoff round In photo Bert Marshall an Captain Ed Westfall
Posted Image Feb 7, 1985 Bob Nystrom Vs. George McPhee Nystrom pummels McPhee in this regular season game McPhee took such a beating that by the next morning he thought his name was Mickey Rivers
Sometimes I grow so tired, but I know I've got one thing I got to do... Posted Image

What puckhead says is Islander law
Posted Image
Come in with the milk

"A leader, once convinced a particular course of action is the right one,
must have the determination to stick with it and be undaunted when the going gets rough."

Ronald Reagan
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LEDZEP
Member Avatar
LEDZEP
Jan 7 2018, 07:06 PM
Islanders Vs Rangers
:isles: :isles: :isles: :isles:

Posted Image February 25th, 1979 .. Denis Potvin breaks Rangers center Ulf Nilsson ankle .. Nilsson is never the same player ..The chant Potvin Sucks in born an is yelled to this day
Posted Image April 10, 1984 Ken Morrows shot from the right side slid through a screen to beat Glen Hanlon for the five-game round 1 playoff victory
Posted Image April 11, 1975 As game unfolds JP Parise scored an overtime winning goal in just 11 seconds, at the time the fastest overtime goal in NHL history Isles beat Rangers 3 to 2 in there first ever playoff round In photo Bert Marshall an Captain Ed Westfall
Posted Image Feb 7, 1985 Bob Nystrom Vs. George McPhee Nystrom pummels McPhee in this regular season game McPhee took such a beating that by the next morning he thought his name was Mickey Rivers

Posted twice by mistake .. edited first post .. when I hit post it is what you see .. LED ZEP :rocker:
Edited by LEDZEP, Jan 7 2018, 07:15 PM.
Sometimes I grow so tired, but I know I've got one thing I got to do... Posted Image

Posted Image
Come in with the milk

must have the determination to stick with it and be undaunted when the going gets rough."

Ronald Reagan

Acards
Member Avatar
Patrick Division
Islanders recall Dal Colle, Beauvillier from AHL on emergency basis

Ho Sang?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

rifleman22
Member Avatar
All Star
Acards
Jan 11 2018, 06:44 PM
No Ho Sang. Brent Thompson has been quoted saying "he's baby, he has to mature. He has tremendous upside but he has some growing up to do".

Ho Sang's reply "I'm burning years of my NHL time here and it sucks"

Translation- Ho Sang still takes shifts that are way too long, probably gets caught on the ice tired and doesn't defend. Plus, I'm sure he still vacates the zone early for the breakaway pass that never comes, like he did here. Sorry, but I coached that out of kids in peewee hockey. If he can't figure that out he's a liability in the NHL.

And if Bernier, Fritz and dal Colle get spots ahead of him, that's not a good sign either.

Look, the Islanders record WITH him is something like 24-12 (unless I read that wrong) but if he doesn't do what he's told and can't be coached the dreaded P word comes into play.

Can he help? Yes, I've said that all along, how bad can he be if he pushes the puck like Barzal but has at least a semblance of defensive responsibility. But if the coach at the AHL level doesn't like what he sees, Ho Sang will only get here if we have another injury to a forward.
THE RIFLE

Sometimes you're the windshield,
sometimes you're the bug.

Acards
Member Avatar
Patrick Division
rifleman22
Jan 12 2018, 09:35 AM
Acards
Jan 11 2018, 06:44 PM
No Ho Sang. Brent Thompson has been quoted saying "he's baby, he has to mature. He has tremendous upside but he has some growing up to do".

Ho Sang's reply "I'm burning years of my NHL time here and it sucks"

Translation- Ho Sang still takes shifts that are way too long, probably gets caught on the ice tired and doesn't defend. Plus, I'm sure he still vacates the zone early for the breakaway pass that never comes, like he did here. Sorry, but I coached that out of kids in peewee hockey. If he can't figure that out he's a liability in the NHL.

And if Bernier, Fritz and dal Colle get spots ahead of him, that's not a good sign either.

Look, the Islanders record WITH him is something like 24-12 (unless I read that wrong) but if he doesn't do what he's told and can't be coached the dreaded P word comes into play.

Can he help? Yes, I've said that all along, how bad can he be if he pushes the puck like Barzal but has at least a semblance of defensive responsibility. But if the coach at the AHL level doesn't like what he sees, Ho Sang will only get here if we have another injury to a forward.
Scratch

Hes fallen, a healthy scratch at the bridge

rifleman22
Member Avatar
All Star
dal Colle is playing. Look, the best hope we have is that his game matches the NHL level better than the minors. Barzal fits, the speed of the game and pace don't bother him. So here's hoping the same for MDC. It happens. He is supposedly better than his numbers say he is and he is defensively responsible which we can certainly use. There is only do or don't do, no try kid so go do it.

Prince missed his flight back after the break but appears he communicated that and won't be punished.

No Ladd, Bailey or Boychuk.

Hope beyond hope we come out of the break better than last year when we sucked and the slide was devastating. At least Rags were on a break too so it's even.

Need JT to carry this team, lead by example and get it done. Lee finding the net would help. Ebbs too. Just looking for some balanced scoring and improvement on defense. This is the game we need, imo, so let's do this!
THE RIFLE

Sometimes you're the windshield,
sometimes you're the bug.

Acards
Member Avatar
Patrick Division
Can we do this? LGI

LEDZEP
Member Avatar
:ragssuck: :laugh3:

:angrier: Josh Bailey :angrier:

Posted Image
Come in with the milk

Ronald Reagan

Acards
Member Avatar
Patrick Division
Beavy!

dr_eagle
Member Avatar
Fu@k you "Lockout" Bettman!!
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beuvy!!!!

:cheers:
Boss Rules!!
Posted Image

LEDZEP
Member Avatar
an no jb ...1-0 :rotflmao:

Posted Image
Come in with the milk

Ronald Reagan

LEDZEP
Member Avatar
NOW OVER 1-1 :angrier:

Posted Image
Come in with the milk

Ronald Reagan

LEDZEP
Member Avatar
THERE BACK 2-1 :rotflmao:

AN NO JB :rotflmao:

Posted Image
Come in with the milk

Ronald Reagan

dr_eagle
Member Avatar
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cheers: :cheers:
Boss Rules!!
Posted Image

Acards
Member Avatar
Patrick Division
Barzilla

LEDZEP
Member Avatar
3-1 :rotflmao:

Posted Image
Come in with the milk

Ronald Reagan

dr_eagle
Member Avatar
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BARZY!!!!!!!!!!

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Boss Rules!!
Posted Image

dr_eagle
Member Avatar
:ragssuck: :ragssuck: :ragssuck:
Boss Rules!!
Posted Image

LEDZEP
Member Avatar
Posted Image

Denis Potvin interview between periods of Isles rags game

Potvin said 1983 team was best Islander team despite regular season stats

an Islander dynasty with 19 consecutive playoff rounds won

will never be broken = ISLANDERS 4 CUP TEAMS = BEST NHL TEAM EVER :isles:

Posted Image
Come in with the milk

Ronald Reagan

LEDZEP
Member Avatar
4-1 :rotflmao: .. an no j b :rotflmao:

Posted Image
Come in with the milk

Ronald Reagan

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Gameday · Next Topic »
Add Reply