Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to NY IslandersCountry. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Gary Bettman says Islanders coming back to Nassau Coliseum; Bettman Nassau Coliseum is Isles only home
Topic Started: Jan 10 2018, 06:51 AM (70 Views)
LEDZEP
Member Avatar
The Best That Ever Skated 80-81-82-83
Gary Bettman says Islanders coming back to Nassau Coliseum

https://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey/islanders/islanders-nhl-nassau-coliseum-bettman-1.16035867

NHL commissioner Gary Bettman toured the renovated Nassau Coliseum Tuesday to assess the improvements needed for the arena to host Islanders games while the teamís new home at Belmont Park is being built.
Posted Image
Sometimes I grow so tired, but I know I've got one thing I got to do... Posted Image

What puckhead says is Islander law
Posted Image
Come in with the milk

"A leader, once convinced a particular course of action is the right one,
must have the determination to stick with it and be undaunted when the going gets rough."

Ronald Reagan
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

rifleman22
Member Avatar
All Star
Nice try LED but that was NOT what he said. :nono: He did, however, lessen his stance on "absolutely not" which is a good thing.

Based on recent info like the environmental study possibly taking 16 months to complete, and also based on the fact they'll sell the place out, the players would be all for it, the Barclay management team gets at least something out of the move and that it simply makes sense, I think this has legs.

I hope that in the negotiations to get out of the lease in Brooklyn, they use playing at the Coli as leverage. Even next season in full. What do they have to lose? They aren't selling Brooklyn out, attendance is actually close to the Coli's capacity, so why not? make the locker rooms bigger, add a few bathrooms and get it done.

The only thing that pisses me off is those lowlife politicians on Long Island will view this as an "I told you so" win, which is plain bullshit.
THE RIFLE

Sometimes you're the windshield,
sometimes you're the bug.

stevedepot
Member Avatar
WISENHEIMER
There will be games next year at Coliseum...there will most likely be 1-2 full seasons of games there after next till Belmont arena and LIRR hub are finalized. The pre Belmont hard line stance by Bettman was just PR. What happens behind scenes diff form what gets reported and disseminated. Bettman was not there by himself representing NHL...7 others joined him as this is happening. Opt out coming soon...more details after that. Enjoy. Tailgate anyone???

rifleman22
Member Avatar
All Star
stevedepot
Jan 10 2018, 11:05 AM
There will be games next year at Coliseum...there will most likely be 1-2 full seasons of games there after next till Belmont arena and LIRR hub are finalized. The pre Belmont hard line stance by Bettman was just PR. What happens behind scenes diff form what gets reported and disseminated. Bettman was not there by himself representing NHL...7 others joined him as this is happening. Opt out coming soon...more details after that. Enjoy. Tailgate anyone???
That would be great. As one who treks to Brooklyn only occasionally since it's a shithole and a hassle I would welcome games at the Coli once again.

And just my opinion, but I wouldn't be surprised if in negotiations with the current group at Barclay's that they come to an agreement to play next season at the Coli, not in Brooklyn. Works for everyone. Barclays gets rid of their annoying tenant, players get to live and play on Long Island and I get to tailgate.

Life is good, my friend.
THE RIFLE

Sometimes you're the windshield,
sometimes you're the bug.

DannyBinSuffolk
Member Avatar
Secretary of War
Yessssss

Also:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nhl/golden-knights/2018/01/11/army-files-challenge-over-vegas-golden-knights-name-nhl/1024422001/

Called this.
RANGERS SUCK

Bring back our 1980s uniforms

F Brooklyn

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Islanders News · Next Topic »
Add Reply