Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to NY IslandersCountry. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Garth and Weight Out
Topic Started: Jun 5 2018, 01:23 PM (449 Views)
Jimmy14
Member Avatar
Midwest Chapter
https://www.nhl.com/islanders/news/snow-and-weight-relieved-of-duties/c-298943676
MICHIGAN STILL SUCKS!

GO BUCKS! 2014 National Champs!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Acards
Member Avatar
Patrick Division
Great News...

:dance:

CANADA
Member Avatar
The most interesting man in the world
:WORSHIP:
At the end of the day, it's all about the whiskey, gambling and women !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qag6w_Tp50A

4CUPZ
Member Avatar
HEAD OF SECURITY
WHO KNEW TRASH DAY COULD BE SO EXCITING
ALL HAIL LOU "THE EXECUTIONER"

SOMEONE DO A WELFARE CHECK ON RIFLE

Acards
Member Avatar
Patrick Division

Arthur Staple
‏Verified account @StapeAthletic
17m17 minutes ago

No official word from the #Isles ahead of the Lamoriello conference call, but it appears that Doug Weight's entire coaching staff has also been let go. Not a surprise given the earlier announcements.

Acards
Member Avatar
Patrick Division
Arthur Staple
35s36 seconds ago

Lamoriello said "culture change" was needed and that's why he let Snow, "a close personal friend," and Weight go. Said he's already reached out to both.
0 replies 2 retweets 5 likes
Arthur Staple
3m3 minutes ago

Lamoriello says "everything is status quo" in regards to coaching assistants and front-office people. "The draft is in the hands of the scouts."

Webb20
Member Avatar
Godfather
It's a beautiful day. Thanks for the first hand news Tom. Really put a big smile on my face all day.

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Ben Franklin

"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves."-Ronald Reagan

rifleman22
Member Avatar
All Star
4CUPZ
Jun 5 2018, 02:27 PM
WHO KNEW TRASH DAY COULD BE SO EXCITING
ALL HAIL LOU "THE EXECUTIONER"

SOMEONE DO A WELFARE CHECK ON RIFLE
Rifle checking in. Never been happier. One of my 3 best days as an Islander fan.

Finally that do nothing POS GM is GONE. And Lou means business. All in, go forward. Now get rid of Brock Nelson. Bring in Tyler Bozak. Straight up trade. Then get a goalie and 2 top 6 d men and we are all set.

Some questions, tho...

Do you think Lou was smart enough to include JT in this decision? Rumor is he spoke to players before doing this. Be interesting to know JT’s thoughts. Remember he never gave a ringing endorsement to either of them. I don’t think Lou would have rolled the dice on JT being pissed about this move with what is at stake. So perhaps JT, in a private conversation with Lou said something like “they’re both great guys, but we have been a laughingstock with them. So, if it doesn’t change I’m gone”. We’ll never know but I woulda loved to be a fly on the wall for that exchange.

Next, it says both are still with the organization. Does Weight go to the Bridge? We already know Garth’s new title is “Director of Ensuring the Suites Have Enough Nachos”. Interesting on Weight though.

So who’s the coach people? Blysma? Trotz? Remember he was told you lose in the first round and you’re gone, so he may actually win the cup and tell them to screw off. My take? Get a pro coach in here that knows what the hell hes doing. Scott Stevens as an assistant is fine, but not the head coach.

Anyway, very happy and yea CUPZ I’m all in. You?
THE RIFLE

Sometimes you're the windshield,
sometimes you're the bug.

4CUPZ
Member Avatar
HEAD OF SECURITY
HOW ABOUT INSTEAD OF GOING TO THE BRIDGE
HE GETS THROWN FROM THE BRIDGE
THE GEORGE WASHINGTON BRIDGE PLEASE

NOT SURE ABOUT ALL IN BUT I'LL GIVE THE EXECUTIONER A SHOT

Acards
Member Avatar
Patrick Division
https://www.nhl.com/islanders/news/audio-lou-lamoriello-conference-call/c-298948756

AUDIO: Lou Lamoriello Conference Call

rifleman22
Member Avatar
All Star
4CUPZ
Jun 5 2018, 05:53 PM
HOW ABOUT INSTEAD OF GOING TO THE BRIDGE
HE GETS THROWN FROM THE BRIDGE
THE GEORGE WASHINGTON BRIDGE PLEASE

NOT SURE ABOUT ALL IN BUT I'LL GIVE THE EXECUTIONER A SHOT
:WORSHIP:

I think they should really give us our pound of salt. First game back at the barn we set up a gauntlet the length of the lot and make Garth run it. Pound the Bastid with dog crap, piss on him, rotten tomatoes whatever. Now that would be fun.

Then we haul Dougie to the Whitestone (it’s closer and just as effective) and.....

Glad to have you back in CUPZ.
THE RIFLE

4CUPZ
Member Avatar
HEAD OF SECURITY
FIRST OFF GARTH ISNT WORTH MY PISS
SECOND THE CURRENT IS GREATER UNDER THE GWB

NOW LETS GO FOR THE HAT TRICK
A CHARLIE WANG CORPSE

rifleman22
Member Avatar
All Star
4CUPZ
Jun 6 2018, 12:22 AM
FIRST OFF GARTH ISNT WORTH MY PISS
SECOND THE CURRENT IS GREATER UNDER THE GWB

NOW LETS GO FOR THE HAT TRICK
A CHARLIE WANG CORPSE
:cheers:

Holy crap. The MAN is back....hat trick, lmao. 😝
THE RIFLE

Webb20
Member Avatar
Godfather
So who's available to coach that brings experience and no baggage?

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Ben Franklin

"Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves."-Ronald Reagan

Acards
Member Avatar
Patrick Division
Webb20
Jun 6 2018, 02:29 PM
So who's available to coach that brings experience and no baggage?
http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/article/after-dropping-weight-here-are-five-coaching-candidates-for-the-new-york-islanders

islesfan72
NUMBER 31
I like Bylsma. He's won the Cup. Stevens asst. Have a coaching staff that has the hardware. Have been through the long grind of a championship and know how to get sh!t done. I know the current trend is young NCAA coaches who know how to coddle the precious snowflakes on the roster. Don't see Lou going that path. He's old school. Especially since this organization has been a joke for so long. He knows a kick-ass approach is needed. Shave your f#@kin beards and play some f#@king hard- nosed hockey!!!!!

islesfan72
NUMBER 31
Old-time hockey. Bring on the foil coach.

RichPilon#47
Member Avatar
1st line
Garth Snow reign is finally OVAHH 2001 - 2018

In prison, before you die from lethal injection, they first swab your arm with alcohol to prevent an infection.

BritBlueNOrange
Member Avatar
2nd line
Seen so much noise about Bylsma, but I don't know why I'm not sure and hesitant about him being coach though.

Obviously this was a move that had to happen, very happy.

DannyBinSuffolk
Member Avatar
Secretary of War
oh man, now I have to start allowing myself to hope and care again!!
RANGERS SUCK

Bring back our 1980s uniforms

F Brooklyn

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Islanders News · Next Topic »
Add Reply