web
analytics
It Will Always Be Yours
Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Gwen in Wizards vs Aliens
Topic Started: Jul 14 2014, 05:55 PM (1,994 Views)
larth
Member Avatar
Almost a Beauty
Anyone watched Gwen in Wizards vs Aliens? Interested in discussing?

My fav epis are The 13th Floor (for obvious reasons, haha). And I just love her chemistry with Scott Haran as Tom Clarke.

I don't know if she'll even be in S3. But it would be so good to see Lexi in human form trying to raise their son and she and Tom struggling with their feelings but cannot act on them cause they are no longer in the Neverside dimension.

offline profile quote Top

Zair
Member Avatar
Almost a Beauty
I just saw this series recently. I find it horribly/wonderfully cheesy in so many different ways. Couldn't stop grinning most of the time actually.

Your right about the chemistry between Gwen and Scott Haran. I kept wanting to see more of those two interacting even after season 1 finished.

I don't think we'll see much if any of Gwen in Series 3. I hope they end the series(and possibly show) with Lexi and Tom meeting up again.

NamelessPasserby
Mario Lopez
Yeah I agree with you all about not seeing much of Lexi next season. They've already added a new character for season 3, Varg has a wife now. So I think Varg's new wife will replace/take Lexi's screentime. That makes me sad because Gwen Christie is the reason why I watch this and if she's out, I'm out. But I think she might make a cameo though. Hopefully they give her character/story some closure, which is what I think they will do considering that Gwendoline is beginning to be in high demand now ( Hunger Games, Star Wars) and S3 could be her last appearance in the show. Who knows, just taking a guess here.
Edited by NamelessPasserby, Jul 16 2014, 09:44 AM.

Chicky
Kingsguard
Yeah, it feels like Lexi is out for Series 3, which makes me sad panda. Not just because I love Gwen, but because, you know, I ship Tom x Lexi with the fire of a thousand suns...

(Fucking Thirteenth Floor...)

Deleted User
Deleted User

yessss so happy for this thread! I'm pretty obsessed with the thirteenth floor :laugh:

I am hooked on Lexi/Tom. The show is hit and miss with good episodes and it totally lacks consistency, but the thirteenth floor and the finale were so great! The quality of the writing in those episodes made it feel like I was watching a completely different show. I'm really disappointed that Lexi most likely won't return, because that relationship is gold. I have a feeling they will write Tom and Katie together (I can't stand Katie) and if they never revisit the Tom/Lexi storyline again then I'm done with the show. I pretty much only watch it because of those two.

I understand Gwen is a busy and popular actress now, which is why I think she was written off, but it would just be terrible if they don't have Lexi. Tom grew up, was basically married for 20 years, and even raised a child. Without Lexi, what makes the series unbelievable now is that they had him remember his life in the Neverside. Because he remembers everything, he is now a person with the mind and experience of a 35 year old but is trapped in the body of a teenager. On a character development level, it would make no sense for him to be attracted to Katie and want to pick up where he left off as a teen. He is way more matured and even has a kid, so all of his intimate relationships with teenagers are going to be a little creepy. The only thing that gives me the littlest bit of hope is that at the end of the finale Tom brought his son back, put Lexi in her human form, and placed them on Earth somewhere. He intentionally put them in a place where he has the ability to search for them, and he was even thinking about them. But this show is totally inconsistent, so I doubt anything will come of it. He'll just conveniently forget how he's an adult and how he has a family (a child) wandering around that he loves. :ermm: And without Tom, how is Benny Jr. going to continue on his magic education?

I know it's a children show but there are plenty of books/movies/shows for kids that are still written well, so saying it's a show for kids is not an excuse to have terrible writing. Here are a couple of ways I could see them continuing the show without Lexi:

1. Tom tries to date Katie but just can't connect. There is something missing (his youth!). Though he continues to date her he also starts to search for his family but can't find them. One day, Benny Jr. shows up at his house without Lexi (she died) or his Grandma ends up finding him.

2. Tom finds Benny Jr. and Lexi and he uses magic somehow to age himself and they are able to be together. This would require a cameo from Gwen. For the following season the show goes in a completely different direction, focusing primarily on Benny Jr. They forward time a few years so that Benny Jr. is a teenager and it follows his life in getting his magic education. The focus would be on Benny Jr. and not Tom, so the parents wouldn't have to be on screen that much, if at all (besides Tom every now and then).

I highly doubt any of this will happen, but I like to have hope that the show isn't completely doomed without Gwen....
quote Top

larth
Member Avatar
Almost a Beauty
This really isn't a surprise that Gwen won't be in S3 but still was hoping she might make a guest appearance.

S3 details

Holding out that she may still be a guest in the later stories/episodes.

Quinn
Member Avatar
Director of HYPE
I didn't expect her to appear either, but I still haz the sads :-(

I'm going with Ginmo's Tumblr headcanon, that in the very last episode of the series, Tom will choose to be with Lexie and Benny Jr and once more wear a ridiculous fake beard to be "old" and age-appropriate.

Deleted User
Deleted User

I don't think I'll watch it anymore without Gwen on it. Their SL is what made it great.

They have so much potential to make this an amazing show but they're totally blowing it... they still have a chance at having a good story without Gwen if they at least address the Benny Jr. situation at some point and bring that kid back on the show as a regular.
quote Top

NamelessPasserby
Mario Lopez
Nooooooooooo :'( If she's out, I'm out.

I wouldn't be surprised if Tom got a new love interest or if it's that same chick from last season. I knew it was a bad sign in last year's finale when Benny mentioned something about Tom dating that other chick even after knowing his feelings for Lexi. Such a damn shame.

SapphireLion
Member Avatar
Hodor
I do think it would seem a bit ridiculous for Tom to make Lexi human and keep her and Benny Jr in the non magical world instead of the Neverside and not even bother to mention her at all. I know the show can be inconsistent but they can't leave that out all together can they? I mean I'd like to think they'd even give her a mention at some point. You can't just forget you loved someone and had a kid with them and not even want to find them.

My headcanon would probably be that the Nekross would find Benny Jr because he's magic and want to extract it from him, because well that's what they do. Tom would obviously go to help them and realise that he couldn't keep living as a teenager once he see's Lexi again. I know this will probably never happen and I think I may have actually read that headcanon on tubmlr somewhere so if it's yours I do apologise for stealing it.

Deleted User
Deleted User

SapphireLion
Oct 21 2014, 10:29 AM
I do think it would seem a bit ridiculous for Tom to make Lexi human and keep her and Benny Jr in the non magical world instead of the Neverside and not even bother to mention her at all. I know the show can be inconsistent but they can't leave that out all together can they? I mean I'd like to think they'd even give her a mention at some point. You can't just forget you loved someone and had a kid with them and not even want to find them.

My headcanon would probably be that the Nekross would find Benny Jr because he's magic and want to extract it from him, because well that's what they do. Tom would obviously go to help them and realise that he couldn't keep living as a teenager once he see's Lexi again. I know this will probably never happen and I think I may have actually read that headcanon on tubmlr somewhere so if it's yours I do apologise for stealing it.
It was from me :) but yeah, I'm taking that scenario as canon.

Someone needs to fic that hahaha. I know there aren't fic writers in this fandom but I NEED THAT CLOSURE.
quote Top

SapphireLion
Member Avatar
Hodor
ginmo
Oct 21 2014, 04:09 PM
SapphireLion
Oct 21 2014, 10:29 AM

It was from me :) but yeah, I'm taking that scenario as canon.

Someone needs to fic that hahaha. I know there aren't fic writers in this fandom but I NEED THAT CLOSURE.
I knew it was from someone! Thanks for reminding me sweetie :) I would bloody love it to be canon in comparison to what we're likely to get from them.

Oh gods now you've said it someone really does need to write it! I NEED THE CLOSURE TOO

RosePapillon
Member Avatar
Almost a Beauty
I'm watching The Thirteenth Floor for about the 20th time.

Help.

Deleted User
Deleted User

RosePapillon
Nov 3 2014, 05:41 AM
I'm watching The Thirteenth Floor for about the 20th time.

Help.
I think I watched it every night before bed for like 2 weeks straight lol.

And dude....
Varg wanting to find Lexi... and Russel T Davies writing the last episode appropriately titled "Last Hope" because it literally will be our last hope to see any sort of closure with Lexi and/or Benny Jr. If the show fails to deliver by that ep then I give up on the writing staff.

but BLESS VARG. At least someone is trying to fucking find Lexi. Like how is she even surviving with Benny Jr.? Are they in England? How does she even earn money? ARE THEY HOMELESS? Is Benny Jr. using magic? Is he missing his father or confused about what happened? Does he go to school? How is Lexi coping with the human world by herself? Is she DATING? :blink: why do I care enough to be plagued with these questions and nobody ever talks about it with me help.
quote Top

RosePapillon
Member Avatar
Almost a Beauty
I've decided that she's found success as either an engineer or IT technician. She's knows that stuff.

RosePapillon
Member Avatar
Almost a Beauty
P.S: Benny and Quinn are headed straight for 101 Canon St, Canonsville, in county Canon; amirite?
Edited by RosePapillon, Nov 4 2014, 06:53 AM.

larth
Member Avatar
Almost a Beauty
I've lost count how many times I've watched the 13th fl. :angel:

IA, we need closure, we need to know what happens to Lexi and Benny Jr. out there.

And it would lovely to get a scene with Tom, Lexi and Benny Jr. but that's asking too much.... :'(
Edited by larth, Nov 4 2014, 08:21 PM.

headedforshore
Almost a Beauty
Okay, holy mackerel. I totally need to revive this thread so I can yell about this show with other people.

I've just finished watching S1-3 properly start to finish after starting by just skipping through to the bits that most interested me (Gwen, mainly, of course) and then repeatedly watching the stuff I liked best. My absolute favourite story has been Friend or Foe from the get-go (I've watched it a million times) but on a proper rewatch, I thought Grazlax Attacks and Vice Versa were both absolutely hysterical, and All Out War! grew on me exponentially on rewatching it. Also, does anybody actually know that Lexi got Zanti Scale Contamination in order to save Tom? The fact that Lexi must have known she was going to die but walked through that doorway anyway kills me every time. I was wondering that rewatching it, and then Jathro brought up Zanti Scale again in S3.

Gwen's ability to use her eyes and her voice to emote under all that makeup and armour absolutely astounds me every time. Her exit was a huge loss to the show.

About series 3: Dear God, they had so many opportunities to bring up Lexi and give her story closure, and they wasted all of them and made Tom look like an uncaring piece of garbage in the process. I don't get it at all.

Also, yeah, the raw magic tempted him to do terrible things and that's obviously had to have had an adverse impact on him, but it also enabled him to save the life of the woman he was supposed to love and reunite her with her son. No mention of that.

Tom and Benny's goodbye made me the most emotional that WvA has ever made me.

I thought Katie was okay, but if Tom was going to date anyone post-Lexi, it should have been Benny, IMO.

It made me so sad seeing Percelle's name removed from the opening credits. They just looked all wrong without his name and Gwen's, Jefferson's and Brian's.

I so missed the original Nekross royal family. Kristian Philips as Varg just didn't cut it, and I missed the Nekross King constantly yelling at his kiddos for screwing things up, and Lexi and Varg's rivalry and banter. Also, the relationship between Tom and Lexi just made the show more interesting and complex, rather than just having clear-cut good wizards and evil Nekross.

I really liked the vibe of the Secret of Room 12, the second half of the Key of Bones (I hated Simeon until then) and Twilight Falls. I thought this series was particularly reminiscent of Doctor Who.

I thought Eelix's puppet was really poor.

Lyzera's costume was beautiful, and Varg's King Regent costume was...not. I totally wish we'd seen Lexi in fancy Nekross princess garb.

I was actually going to write down all my thoughts on S1 and 2 as I went but then didn't, but I may give them another rewatch and be back with more later.
Edited by headedforshore, Apr 23 2018, 07:11 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
« Previous Topic · All About the Cast · Next Topic »
Add Reply