web
analytics
It Will Always Be Yours
Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Lena Headey; Cersei Lannister
Topic Started: Oct 14 2014, 07:24 AM (8,499 Views)
Stella
Member Avatar
Kingsguard
anyone wants to talk about Lena? seen any of the movies she was in?

Posted Image Posted Image

I always thought Lena seemed nice and beautiful, but I like her a lot more since I saw her. which is a little weird... but anyway... I watched a few interviews recently and think she's adorable, I like her quirky personality. she's swearing like a sailor, lol, and that accent is cute.

Rewatched Dredd the other day. had seen it before but couldn't remember that she was in it. damn - that movie is bad, but really cool, haha.

and does anyone else think Lena and Keira Knightley look alike a bit? never noticed that before...
offline profile quote Top

asharastarfall
Member Avatar
Arms of the Woman He Loves
I LOVE LENA HEADEY. She does look a bit like Keira Knightley (or rather, Keira looks a bit like her). I've been meaning to watch "Imagine Me and You" but I still haven't gotten around to it. Every time I see her on a late night talk show, though, I watch the crap out of that interview. Seems I have a thing for funny, snarky, pretty English ladies.

GuileAndSubterfuge
so fresh & so feisty
I liked her a lot in the Sarah Connor Chronicles. She was so uncompromising and relentless as Sarah and it gives me every confidence that she can handle Cersei at her most unhinged.

glamaphonic
Member Avatar
Kingslayer
I adore Lena Headey. The cancellation of The Sarah Connor Chronicles is a gaping wound in my soul to this day.

Lilynyny
Goldenhand
She was great in Sarah Connor Chronicles and I developed a real hatred for Fox after they canceled that and New Amsterdam! But now Nik and Lena are together on GOT. Happily ever after. ;)

Stella
Member Avatar
Kingsguard
asharastarfall
Oct 14 2014, 07:27 AM
I've been meaning to watch "Imagine Me and You" but I still haven't gotten around to it. Every time I see her on a late night talk show, though, I watch the crap out of that interview.
I've seen that movie, it's really really sweet.
Haha. I think the more you see of her, the more you like her. so adorable.
that one panel thing she did with michelle (last year I think) was soo hilarious, did you see that?... looots of giggeling, koalas, rw, pw and some brilliant comments from Lena. absolutely love that interview.

Would you recommend watching the sarah connor chronicles? I was interested in it since it was on tv, but never actually watched it. from what I've heard the cancellation seems to be similar to Firefly, loads of disappointed fans. does it have a proper ending at least?

GuileAndSubterfuge
so fresh & so feisty
Hmmm...the last episode kicks off a completely new story arc, so yeah, I think you could watch through the series and have some sense of closure.

Lilynyny
Goldenhand
I think there's enough of Sarah Connor Chronicles (31 episodes) for it to be satisfying. It comes at the Terminator story from a whole new angle.

Mikki
Member Avatar
ChillLord
I know some people are bigger fans of Cersei than others, but someone on tumblr has arranged a Cersei Lannister Week.

I'm putting it in the LH thread because it does have a "One Outfit" category and the other Cersei categories are more debate style rather than just appreciation.

Today is One Quote. There are things about her I can't stand, but I do love this quote.

"I am Cersei of House Lannister, a lion of the Rock, the rightful queen of these Seven Kingdoms, trueborn daughter of Tywin Lannister. And hair grows back."

It mimics things I've said to friends about bad haircuts and chemotherapy, which sounds silly, but you know what I mean.

asharastarfall
Member Avatar
That's a fucking good quote.

I think some of George's best writing is in Cersei's chapters. Writing from the POV of someone who is so obviously an unreliable narrator and who engages in illogical thought processes must be so damn fun.

I'd love to participate in that Appreciation Week but my art skills are limited to fic and I'm not gonna write Cersei-centric fic because I'd get yelled at.

Mikki
Member Avatar
ChillLord
1. No one would yell at you for writing Cersei-centric fic. We might shy away from you as if you smelled bad if you wrote Jaime/Cersei fic. But there is more to Cersei than just her relationship with Jaime.

2. The "hair grows back" actually echos back to what Jaime said to her upon his return to KL.

Quote:

"You look so thin. And your hair, your golden hair..."

"The hair will grow back." Jaime lifted his stump. She needs to see. "This won't."

I actually think that initially Cersei values that appearance, the hair. After her arrest, etc, she now understands what Jaime was saying. The superficial, the hair, you can always get that back, but the things that make us "us" don't come back once you lose them. Jaime loses his idenity, his hand. Cersei has lost none of her identity. Just her hair. It shows character growth for her.

Did I explain that well?

asharastarfall
Member Avatar
Well, I meant, the Cersei stans would yell at me. LOL.

But yeah, I agree. That's a really fascinating point. I wonder if that whole experience will change the way she handles things from now on. I need Winds, dammit!

Mikki
Member Avatar
ChillLord
I cannot speak for the Cersei-stans.

We all need Winds. It has become The Precious from LotR.

Amaryllis
Member Avatar
Poisonous Weed
Mikki
Oct 20 2014, 09:37 AM
Jaime loses his idenity, his hand. Cersei has lost none of her identity. Just her hair.
Well said. :)

This is why I think she only pretends to be demure.

Amaryllis
Member Avatar
Poisonous Weed
asharastarfall
Oct 20 2014, 09:44 AM
Cersei stans should be grateful that you would grace them with your greatness. They are not worthy!
(this is no fucking sarcasm)

asharastarfall
Member Avatar
Amaryllis
Oct 20 2014, 02:35 PM
asharastarfall
Oct 20 2014, 09:44 AM
Cersei stans should be grateful that you would grace them with your greatness. They are not worthy!
(this is no fucking sarcasm)
:$

Stella
Member Avatar
Kingsguard
stumbled across this pic, never seen it before. brilliant, lol.
Lena in a vase

asharastarfall
Member Avatar
It's like the next stage of Cersei's alcoholism. Now she's bathing in wine.

Stella
Member Avatar
Kingsguard
^ haha, someone give her a straw already!

I watched "Aberdeen" recently ... anyone seen it?
Loved it, very touching, dark and beautiful movie. Stellan Skarsgard and Lena were brilliant. It's definitely one of her best movies imo.

Mikki
Member Avatar
ChillLord
There has been speculation based on some photos of her lately in large dresses with a bit of a bump showing, but it's official.

Lena Headey is pregnant.

No word on paternity or what that will mean for her shooting schedule.

Congrats Lena!

Radiofreeamy
Member Avatar
Almost a Knight
Congrats to her! She's brave having a baby at 41. I just had my 3rd at 38, and it was tough! I wonder who the father is.

Mikki
Member Avatar
ChillLord
...ugh. I saw some spec from JC shippers that it's Nik's.

Quote:

If she’s pregnant …

I got 10 to 1 on Coster-Waldau being the dad.

Times and dates being relative to when you’re on set in N’Ireland and Croatia …

filming ending in mid-December. a three month showing of the belly in early febuaury.

Had to have happened during shooting …

Anyone willing take that action?

Which, UGH.

But the more prevalent spec is Pedro. However, in the Roundtable of the Fallen he calls Lena his BFF, not that they are dating. And doesn't he have something going with Sarah Paulson?

I know things aren't great between her and the father of her older child. I hope things are better for her with the father of this one. I hear it has been rough for her, especially financially.
Edited by Mikki, Feb 15 2015, 07:05 PM.

Amaryllis
Member Avatar
Poisonous Weed
Mikki
Feb 15 2015, 07:05 PM
:X I noticed that some of them seem to confuse Nik and Lena for the characters they play but this kind of speculation is plain disgusting.

Mikki
Member Avatar
ChillLord
I know there are real people shippers out there for Lena and Nik, Nik and Gwen, Lena and Pedro. There are even fic tags for it. I mean, tons of people ship Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson.

I just don't see it with NCW and LH though. Offset, she spends most of her time, at least when she's photographed, with Pedro Pascal.

asharastarfall
Member Avatar
Mikki
And doesn't he have something going with Sarah Paulson?
I'm pretty sure she's gay. She and Pedro have been BFFs for ages. It doesn't seem like it's ever been anything but.

Regardless, it's nobody's business who her child's father is. I hope she's as successful at keeping it quiet as January Jones has been.

Mikki
Member Avatar
ChillLord
Well, it may not be our business or any fan's business at all, but it's certainly the father's business.

I was under the impression that the January Jones situation was one of the worst kept secrets going around? As an aside, never watched Mad Men.

Amaryllis
Member Avatar
Poisonous Weed
Mikki
Feb 15 2015, 07:28 PM
I know there are real people shippers out there for Lena and Nik, Nik and Gwen, Lena and Pedro. There are even fic tags for it. I mean, tons of people ship Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson.
OK, they can write what they want but I hope that the actual life partners of these people are unaware of this.

NamelessPasserby
Mario Lopez
Mikki

Quote:

If she’s pregnant …

I got 10 to 1 on Coster-Waldau being the dad.

Times and dates being relative to when you’re on set in N’Ireland and Croatia …

filming ending in mid-December. a three month showing of the belly in early febuaury.

Had to have happened during shooting …

Anyone willing take that action?

Which, UGH.

LOL of course it's J/C shippers who think Nik is the dad. These people need to stfu. It's very well known that Nik absolutely adores his wife so these brats are just kidding themselves.

Amaryllis
Feb 15 2015, 07:51 PM
OK, they can write what they want but I hope that the actual life partners of these people are unaware of this.

Nukaka would probably just laugh in their pathetic faces anyways like she did when she found out about those rumors about Nikolaj having an affair with Cameron Diaz. Well that's what Nik said she did when she heard. :D

Quinn
Member Avatar
Director of HYPE
I absolutely hate how much I want to know this stuff. Like, my first reaction was WHO'S THE DADDY?!?! WHO?!?!

My second reaction was I AM PATHETIC. :-/

Mikki
Member Avatar
ChillLord
Quinn
Feb 15 2015, 08:59 PM
I absolutely hate how much I want to know this stuff. Like, my first reaction was WHO'S THE DADDY?!?! WHO?!?!

My second reaction was I AM PATHETIC. :-/
Funny, wholly inappropriate on so many levels speculation? Jerome Flynn ;)

Seriously though, I just hope whomever it is she has a better relationship with than Peter Loughran. That divorce was messy.
Edited by Mikki, Feb 15 2015, 09:06 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · All About the Cast · Next Topic »
Add Reply