web
analytics
It Will Always Be Yours
Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Board News
Topic Started: Jun 3 2015, 09:54 AM (6,179 Views)
Mikki
Member Avatar
ChillLord
I got the renewal notices and I have renewed the domains through June of 2017. June 18 is our one year board anniversary.

No shutting down without notice here. :)

Thanks everyone!

offline profile quote Top

Mikki
Member Avatar
ChillLord
Our boardiversery is June 18th. I'm not sure how to commemorate it, but if anyone has ideas or suggestions, let me know. :)

Amaryllis
Member Avatar
Poisonous Weed
Mikki
Jun 11 2015, 01:02 PM
Our boardiversery is June 18th. I'm not sure how to commemorate it, but if anyone has ideas or suggestions, let me know. :)
There was that fanfic challenge last year, wasn't it? What about the second round?

Mikki
Member Avatar
ChillLord
The Like Button seems to have vanished. We are aware....

Mikki
Member Avatar
ChillLord
The domains have been acting a little weird. I had to reset them all, but it seems to be in order now. Remember to keep the backup in case the custom domains wig out.

http://w11.zetaboards.com/Jaime_x_Brienne/index/

That will get you here.

Mikki
Member Avatar
ChillLord
Thank you to ASHARASTARFALL for the amazing new banner. While the old banner was fabulous, (I think YD did it? I can't recall, it was amazing though) it was time to give the place a bit of freshness.

Ashara put together this new and amazing banner with shots from S5. Thank you ASH.

Quinn
Member Avatar
Director of HYPE
It has so many feels!!! :'(

justme
Member Avatar
Winner!
Simply beautiful!

WackyGoofball
Member Avatar
Oathkeeper
It's beautiful. :blueheart: :blueheart: :blueheart:

Trying to find a way to illustrate my excitement over it:

Posted Image
online profile quote Top

ladyoftarth
Half a God
About damned time you changed that thing.
I did that on a 20 min break during my lunch break. I thought it was just a placeholder.

Awesome job Ash! TARTHGASM! :redwine:

karrilena
Member Avatar
Almost a Beauty
It's so pretty! I actually squealed out loud.

Mikki
Member Avatar
ChillLord
And all the red leather jacket hotness!

asharastarfall
Member Avatar
Arms of the Woman He Loves
Thanks so much, everyone!

DanyelN
Member Avatar
Mutton Cutter
OMG I LOVE it! It is very eye catching. Amazing work!

Amaryllis
Member Avatar
Poisonous Weed
Thank you ash! :woot: <3

Mikki
Member Avatar
ChillLord
Here we are in a fandom lull before the season starts. There is a lot of tension and anticipation and general anxiety because the show is going way beyond the books now. The books aren't there as a safety net anymore and we have no idea what's going to happen. It's tense. It's tough. It's making people edgy. Hell, I'm edgy and trying to force my way through some wicked writer's block.

Creativity flourishes in a positive atmosphere and the fandom atmosphere for GoT and ASoIaF, not just JB, while not negative, is definitely tense. So, everything has really slowed down.

Next weekend is the red carpet screening and I'll be watching that if I can find it online and posting all the good pictures. Please, please, feel free to post along with me. I can't catch everything and I need you all!

But during the lull is a good time to review the rules. Personally, I freaking hate having rules. I wish there were no rules. Rules suck. Unfortunately without some rules and some structure, things turn into a mess. So please know that I wish we didn't have to have rules and everything were appropriate self-policed. Mostly, things are. I think only 5 or so posts have ever been moderator edited for content and those were awful. Generally it's remembering to put things in the right thread and not letting threads get off track.

Anyway, I'm linking to the rules so people can give them a re-read.

Here.

In general though, I just want to say that fandom should be FUN. I'm in this because I enjoy Jaime and Brienne. I enjoy Nik and Gwen. I would love to know endgame right now so I could eliminate all the fear and tension about what's going to happen. Unfortunately, I don't. But that doesn't mean that I don't still enjoy fandom. I enjoy y'all. I like reading what you have to say. I like the different viewpoints. All of it, even if I don't have time to respond.

Please, use this forum to enjoy yourselves. And let us all share in the JB love. :)

Quinn
Member Avatar
Director of HYPE
Thank, you Mikki!

And thank you posters for helping keep things nice and easy to follow. It's so easy to let threads veer off course. I have literally moved my own posts when I got too tangent-y, so the struggle is real!

Mikki
Member Avatar
ChillLord
In the next couple weeks, I'm going to be doing some board housecleaning, moving threads, starting new ones, renaming forums. Dealing with my personal pet peeve of pinned threads.

Is there anything anyone would like to see? I'm actually thinking for next year of creating a mod post only "spoilers only" thread where we would have a thread where permission is restricted to post the spoilers and then a spoilers free-for-all forum where we cross post the spoilers and can spec right there. I know it would be easier for me if we had a clean thread which listed only the spoilers without the discussion.

Any other thoughts?

Do we want a new Nik and Gwen threads? Any forums or subsections?

Thanks and I appreciate you all. :)

Quinn
Member Avatar
Director of HYPE
It would definitely be fun to spec WITH spoilers. It's hard to keep them separated for sure, so your solution seems like a goodie.

Mikki
Member Avatar
ChillLord
Ready, OKAY!

I have archived a bunch of stuff. If we haven't discussed it in 2 years, I probably moved it. :) I've tried to reorganize so things are still easy to find.

If there's something I have misplaced, please let me know.

I have left all personal art, writing and graphic threads unarchived.

I added topics for the first three episodes. That will be updated as we get titles and descriptions. Each episode thread will be unlocked around airtime each Sunday.

Please please tell me if I made a mistake somewhere.

I am so looking forward to a great season!

Mikki
Member Avatar
ChillLord
As of right now we have 1,003,192 topic views.

WoooHooo!!

Posted Image

Quinn
Member Avatar
Director of HYPE
Posted Image

And because Quinn is peak nerd Quinn today, Our Fandom:

Posted Image

Mikki
Member Avatar
ChillLord

Ugh. I hate being all moderatory. But yeah, peeps, I got your complaints. I don't want to junk up the episode thread.

Here are a quick few rule reminders, and let's not forget that I hate having to have rules and wish we could all just sit around and enjoy Jaime and Brienne. Fucking rules.

Quote:

This is a discussion board, not a rant board. If you want a rant board, there are plenty of them out there. If you don't want to find a rant board, make a Tumblr. Tumblr is great for ranting without response. If you post about something here, expect a response. That response might not be agreement; it may dispute every point you make. If so, fantastic. This is a discussion board, and arguing back and forth IS discussion.

Quote:

The only time this would be unacceptable is if you are hoping for the death of Jaime or Brienne because that just goes against the board's very existence.

And

Quote:

The board is here for you to enjoy Jaime and Brienne with other like-minded individuals. So go forth and enjoy.

No one is saying you have to love everything about the show, or can't criticize. Obviously people criticize all the time and people respond, which is what is supposed to happen.

But when it comes to the point that you are saying you don't want JB together, or you want Jaime to die or something, that's to the point of ruining everyone else's enjoyment.

I guess just remember it's okay not to love the ship anymore. It's not okay to piss on people who do still love it.

Just re-iterating this from the rules.

Quote:

Why is it so important to harsh someone's buzz? If someone is enjoying something, let them enjoy it. There are ways to engage in meaningful discussion of the episode and remain respectful.

Quinn
Member Avatar
Director of HYPE
We've had lots of new members lately!

Just a friendly reminder that everyone needs to read the rules so we can continue to be a happy lil corner of fandom.

Board Rules

Posted Image

Mikki
Member Avatar
ChillLord
Just a bit of news. We've lost a couple moderators to things like LIFE and "Ugh being a Mod sucks" (no blame there, it does), so a friend of mine, RedLeatherJacket will be taking on some moderator duties, just as another set of eyes in case we get a troll invasion. It sometimes happen when a ship goes canon like JB is doing. We need to keep this our happy place for the JB fandom.

RLJ does not want to post and will just be moderating.

Thanks for helping me out, dude.

Mikki
Member Avatar
ChillLord
A little bit more news. You might have noticed the new favicon. Although justme's manip is FREAKING BRILLIANT, it was losing quality in the size. So Quinn made something a little more distinctive.

Thank you justme for your work and I am still using that favicon as my tumblr avatar because it is brilliant.

There are a few other site freshening actions. "It will always be yours." is our new tagline.

Calendar events have been added to the bottom of the main page.

A few other changes might be coming and if you have any suggestions, please, please let me or any of the other mods know. You can always PM us if you have questions or issues. We are nice people, really! :)

The reunion has brought in so many new members (and lurkers!) and rejuvenated the fandom, we thought a few board changes would be nice too. :)

Again, PM us any time, me, Quinn, MsLibby or even RedLeatherJacket. We want to keep this a fun, happy place for all the JB fans.

Mikki
Member Avatar
ChillLord
Just deleted and IP banned a spammer. When we get one, we usually get several. Sometimes they register and lurk for weeks before spamming. So expect to see that happen a few more times, especially as board traffic increases.

If you see one, please report the post. Thanks.

Mikki
Member Avatar
ChillLord
End of Season news!

I will be creating a S7 forum and moving the S7 threads out of general show discussion. We still have a lot to unpack for s6, but S7 starts filming in just over a month. Please let us know what you would like to see in the S7 forum. I have already created that Spoilers ONLY closed thread. The mods will be moving spoilers from the regular thread and crediting the original poster, but this way locating a spoiler will be easier. Please source your spoilers with a link.

With all of this stuff and more threads and things moving, it's sometimes difficult to notice which threads are active. You can always use "Active Topics" to find out.

Posted Image

Click there at the bottom of the front page and it will list all the active topics with most recent activity at the top.

If you're having trouble navigating, let us know. Quinn loves writing board tutorials. :p

And just a reminder, San Diego Comic Con is July 21-24 with preview night July 20.

Quinn
Member Avatar
Director of HYPE
Good news, everyone!

As we continue to grow and filter more and more information every day, we've decided to add some more "hands" to help us keep things nice and tidy.

Our own Zuzuspetals will now be helping us mod the Season 7 spoilers thread, and general show thread. She's going to keep up the amazing spoiler hunt and make sure we all know about every last shadow made in an airport (and of course, stabby stab any weirdo JC trolls who may happen to venture out of their gross troll caves).

A new season 6 banner is also up, and you may see a few little tweaks now and then to optimize the board.

Mikki
Member Avatar
ChillLord
Gorgeous banner!!

Thanks Quinn.

OH AND THANKS FOR HELPING OUT ZUZU!!

If you come across a spoiler for S7, or any information, alert her so she can add it to the locked thread. :)
Edited by Mikki, Jun 28 2016, 04:49 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · News · Next Topic »
Add Reply