web
analytics
It Will Always Be Yours
Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
GC and NCW - The Twitter Situation
Topic Started: Jul 26 2015, 04:53 PM (54,070 Views)
Mikki
Member Avatar
ChillLord
For those of you who don't tweet or twitter or even look at it, Gwendoline Christie has been favoriting the crap out of Jaime x Brienne tweets. Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, not as much, but he's been active.

Here are the links to see their twitter favorites.

Gwendoline

Nikolaj

Here are Nikolaj's Tweets with Replies

Gwendoline has always been a promotional tweeter, promoting her latest projects, saying hi to new friends she meets at events, etc. Nikolaj tweets like the nerdy dad of two teenager daughters. This level of pro-JB activity is unusual for both of them.

So...here's a thread to speculate and hope. But really, the links so everyone can follow what's going on, even if they don't tweet.
Edited by Mikki, Jul 26 2015, 05:00 PM.
online profile quote Top

Mikki
Member Avatar
ChillLord
For comparision, here is Lena Headey's Tweets with Replies.

She is more of a political and social tweeter, not much about GoT at all.
online profile quote Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

from muldersgirlyscream
"as badly as lovegwendoline and nikolajcw do" and she favorites it LOL!
quote Top

Currawong
Not the Valonqar
I think that Gwen has had off-season trolling lessons from NCW. It is a wicked plot between them both. :D
online profile quote Top

Mikki
Member Avatar
ChillLord
ginmo put this together on tumblr.

Posted Image

online profile quote Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

My favorite part of that is the person said "best love story ever" with love being used in the romantic sense and GC faves
quote Top

tamjlee
Arms of the Woman He Loves
Hey, its Niks bday tomorrow, what if Gwen wishes him a happy bday in a way that has JB ship connotations in it....or maybe someone with twitter can give him a bday wish that is all JB like and see if she favours that too.
offline profile quote Top

zuzu's petals
Dragon Charger
I don't know, I don't think anyone needs to bait either of them; this has been quite overt enough.

If it's trolling, it's some other-level trolling. I know Lena Headey did that troll with the "stone heart" picture just before the season finale, but this is different because Gwen/Nik are liking things that people created - drawings, art, mementos, etc. Someone on the other end of these twitter accounts would have to be a pretty mean person to, out of nowhere and for no reason, be like, "Ha, the scripts for Season 6 suck for J/B. I know what I'll do - I'll start favouriting the shit out of this art someone worked so hard on..." It would be the cruelest joke ever. :laugh: I'm not saying it's impossible, but the psychology is a little excessively mean, lol.

I actually find the one that Nik answered to be the most interesting ("woman I love" - Brienne/Cersei), because it's easily one of those very ignorable things (he obviously meant Cersei in that moment) but calling attention to it suggests the writers might have meant it as some foreshadowing. Which I figured it was anyway, but bringing it up the way Nik did is pretty coy if you ask me. I don't know. I don't want to get my hopes up either, but this is all very peculiar.
Edited by zuzu's petals, Jul 26 2015, 08:48 PM.

Deleted User
Deleted User

Currawong
Jul 26 2015, 07:06 PM
I think that Gwen has had off-season trolling lessons from NCW. It is a wicked plot between them both. :D
Nah this would be past trolling. This would be considered just... mean lol. I don't see GC as one that enjoys building up hope in her fans for no reason.
Since this unusual JB spree for both GC and NCW began happening at the same time right after their script reading, here are the scenarios:

a) One of them dies without reuniting, and she is protesting the lack of JB and missing working with Nik
I highly doubt this, mainly because GC has mentioned in the past that she would be happy even if the ship remained a BROTP because of how beautiful the love and respect is between them. So basically, she would love it if it developed into a romance but would be content if it didn't. I also don't see her as someone who pouts and protests the writers. I imagine she would side with them in front of the public.

b) There is a reunion + some sort of dialogue or action in the script that makes it clear to the viewers this is a romance. This is her being on a JB excitement high and she's using the "fave" button as a wink to the fandom
I mean we've all experienced JB excitement and this is her version of having to keep in awesome spoilers and screaming silently to herself. I also think the producers may have told her it's ok now to subtly drop hints/express her shipper opinion via twitter as some sort of promotional strategy

c) She just suddenly decided to fave everything that's tweeted to her
Nope. GC favorites a lot of tweets but she does avoid more than she favorites and she had rarely faved JB tweets. (and NCW had to have put Jaime and Brienne in his search to get to those tweets he responded lol) She has avoided most of them for the past couple of years. All of the faves before have been about Brienne of Tarth in general, love for her as an actress, her other work, and Jaime and Brienne as an awesome pairing to watch on tv with no strong hint of a romance in the tweet. So this is definitely new and odd.

I was really pessimistic after S5 and I'm not trying to get my hopes up but dude... this is too much lol
quote Top

tamjlee
I think if one of them were dying or if nothing happens this season, shed feel sorry for us and ignore it not bait.

I wish we could get an interview now.

I keep thinking about Nov/Dec, filming woukd be wrapping up and she will be on the press junket for Hunger Games and Star Wars.....imagine if she had just filmed a reunion and she is being interviewed, maybe she will let something slip.

Mikki
Member Avatar
ChillLord
Well...look at how squirrelly NCW got over the S5 Tarthgasm scene? I mean, they had to have told him that JB is the thing for him to be all twitchy and stuff. I know GC says she's a vault, but the sparkle in her eye is telling.
online profile quote Top

Currawong
Not the Valonqar
Well she's down in Cornwall next weekend, so I hope there are plenty of J/B spies attending, asking questions and taking pics. :)
online profile quote Top

Sophie
Member Avatar
Engagement Sword Forger
Posted Image

ivyjanelily
Member Avatar
Almost a Beauty
Dying....♥

ETA: now I'll be stalking this tweet all day to see if Nik replies. I'm such a loser!!
Edited by ivyjanelily, Jul 27 2015, 06:25 AM.

Natesen215
Member Avatar
Mutton Cutter
ginmo
Jul 26 2015, 08:56 PM
a) One of them dies without reuniting, and she is protesting the lack of JB and missing working with Nik

Honestly, this was my first thought when I saw Gwen favoriting JB related tweets left and right. I know she wouldn't outright protest GOT but maybe it's her subtle way of letting them know it was a bad choice. Sorry, I'm still pessimistic from season 5 and I really don't like not knowing the direction Brienne will be heading come season 6. But everytime she favorites a JB related tweet I'm a little less pessimitic? Not really hopeful since I don't want to be all sad when there's no hint of JB in season 6.

Anyhoo, happy birthday to Nikolaj. May your hope of working more with Gwen and peter come true this year. :)
Edited by Natesen215, Jul 27 2015, 08:08 AM.

Mikki
Member Avatar
ChillLord
Gwen is ridiculously enthusiastic in promoting the show. This is the woman who, during red carpet interviews, said Brienne had an "amazing season." I don't see her turning into an Ian McElhinney and I also don't see her jerking fans around that way. She knows her job, which is to promote the show.
online profile quote Top

Amaryllis
Member Avatar
Poisonous Weed
Natesen215
Jul 27 2015, 07:57 AM
maybe it's her subtle way of letting them know it was a bad choice.
I doubt the writers bother to check the actors' twitters.

As for season 5, I don't think they could have done more for us than Tarthgasm - and don't forget they built that set and hired those extras solely for that scene. Their character arcs brought Jaime and Brienne to very different parts of Westeros. Now Jaime is going back "north" and I believe Brienne is going to go back south at some point. An eventual reunion has to happen. If not in S6, then in S7.
Edited by Amaryllis, Jul 27 2015, 05:22 PM.

zuzu's petals
Dragon Charger
Quote:

Well...look at how squirrelly NCW got over the S5 Tarthgasm scene? I mean, they had to have told him that JB is the thing for him to be all twitchy and stuff.

Do you mean he was asked about it at some point?

I do sometimes wonder if Nikolaj in particular has been in the know as to where they might be taking his character with Brienne. His acting choices around her are just too deliberate to be ambiguous, and surprisingly consistent considering the way their material is spread over like three different seasons; it's like, if he has any opportunity to hold a stare, or look at her with a certain gleam in his eye, he'll take it. Or, it could be something like (spoilers for Mad Men finale just in case):

Spoiler: click to toggle

Even if GRRM never takes J/B there (though I think he will to some degree), the writers would be dumb to never capitalize on a good story AND probably higher than expected chemistry between two actors.
Edited by Quinn, Jul 28 2015, 09:58 PM.

ivyjanelily
Member Avatar
Almost a Beauty
I always wonder how NCW was directed for the Tarth scene, and what he thought it meant, and if he questioned it with the director/writers etc. Will probably never know! Unless NCW does commentary for that ep when the DVD comes out...
Edited by ivyjanelily, Jul 28 2015, 09:45 AM.

kimmi
Member Avatar
Almost a Beauty
ivyjanelily

I always wonder how NCW was directed for the Tarth scene, and what he thought it meant, and if he questioned it with the director/writers etc. Will probably never know! Unless NCW does commentary for that ep when the DVD comes out...
zuzu's petals

Do you mean he was asked about it at some point?

Agreed. Also, I meant to add to that, even before the series was officially set to begin production on season 5 in late July, we would be hard at work trying to link together all those bits of information suggesting a major narrative divergence for Jaime and Brienne's story arcs on the show, what with the leaked audition tape featuring the Sand Snakes and all, which coincidentally proved a helpful indicator of Jaime's possible journey to Dorne, not to mention the speculation about a potential encounter between Sansa and Brienne early on in the season floating around the web.

So yeah, a J/B reunion didn't seem too likely at the time, but then NCW was asked about the nature of the J/B dynamic, I think it was the Game of Thrones SDCC 2014 panel at that, and its implications for the future, and he did give every impression of being quite in the fidgets.

Quote:

Zap2it: Do you think that Jaime is a little bit in love with Brienne?

Nikolaj Coster-Waldau: Ah–Well, I don’t know. I mean, I think it’s–you know, he’s–he loves his sister and…I think he…I think it’s so complicated with his sister that he has to kind of clean that up before he’s ready to move on to anything.

I mean, I, the reason–I would love to do some more–first of all it’s because it’s great to work with Gwen–and I think the Brienne/Jaime thing is very…it’s a lot of fun, and it’s interesting and it’s, uh, clearly there is a connection. Um, but who knows if…you know–the odds are they’ll never meet again.”

http://virgin-who-cannot-drive.tumblr.com/post/93254524727/sdcc-2014-zap2it-interview-nikolaj-coster-waldau/

In hindsight, they had to have clued him in on the Tarthgasm scene, because I'm pretty sure the cast had received their scripts by the time convention day rolled around, so there's that. ;)
Edited by kimmi, Jul 28 2015, 05:42 PM.

Mikki
Member Avatar
ChillLord
They did have their scripts prior to SDCC 2014, because Comic Con was held later in the month. So yeah...he knew about Tarthgasm when he gave that twitchy interview. (twitcherview?)
online profile quote Top

Mikki
Member Avatar
ChillLord
Gwendoline is on twitter now.

https://twitter.com/lovegwendoline/status/626119575604695040

That was at 4pm EST 7/28.

Someone tweet her JB stuff, quick!
online profile quote Top

zuzu's petals
Dragon Charger
Bahahaha, the twitchiness of that Nikolaj interview really does come across even in print. Not really sure what he was going for there. He probably knew that there was nothing J/B in the Season 5 scripts except for the Tarthgasm... but the last part where he switches from "who knows" to "odds are never" is funny. Why dost though protest so much, Nik? It's actually the fact that they went from these types of diplomatic answers to "I DON'T KNOW WHO DO YOU THINK HE MEANT BRIENNE OR CERSEI??" and "I LOVE THIS PICTURE OF THEM KISSING I LOVE THIS LOVE STORY OMG" in just a really, really short span of time that's hilarious.

The tweeting seems to have stopped for the time-being, which I kind of expected, but frankly I was starting to get alarmed with the frequency of Gwen's :laugh: - her favourites were getting shippier and shippier and seeing as we have like 9 months to go still, that could get dangerous, lol.

tamjlee
Well, its been my own personal contention that Nikolaj was given a hint of next season while filming season five, similar to him being told when he was hired that season 2 was minimal for his character but season 3, would be big.I dont think you can back burner your second billed star for a season without letting him and his agent know that there is more to come.No offence but the nature of the business is you need to make certain actors happier than others, keep them from being disgruntled in the press, keep them from wanting to seek greener pastures and even with contracts in place, there is still a hierarchy among the cast.And contracts are often designed to guarantee a certain number of minutes per season etc and if the show cheated Nikolaj out of that a little he had to be told it would be worth it later.

Another example of this is with Tyrion taking on Barristan's role in Mereen.Book readers can be disappointed that Selmy had an early exit or we can understand that the show needed to put their top-billed star and one of the faces of the franchise in a role that can be showcased.

I think Nik wasnt twitchy because of the Tarthgasm, i think he was twitchy because he knew there was a possibility of their characters being showcased next season.He might not have had the details on how, and if he did have details it would have been easier to lie and deflect.I think he just knew something eventually would be coming, its why he commented on Gwen being "wrenched from his life" and why Gwen commented that Nik needed a pick-me-up.Again this is in my opinion only and pure speculation.

Natesen215
Member Avatar
Mutton Cutter
Posted Image

Credit: nikolajfangirlteam.tumblr.com

#bff4lyfe

We know Nik is back in Belfast next month. Will he have some scenes with Gwen?
Edited by Natesen215, Sep 25 2015, 08:22 AM.

Mikki
Member Avatar
ChillLord
*flails*
online profile quote Top

Mikki
Member Avatar
ChillLord
And he went on to a ask FGT about it the Shot Caller still he asked NP about it.

http://nikolajfangirlteam.tumblr.com/post/129843974552/hey-where-did-you-get-that-still-from-shotcaller
Edited by Mikki, Sep 25 2015, 08:31 AM.
online profile quote Top

zuzu's petals
Dragon Charger
I'm so confused about what's happening, but it seems exciting! lol.

Mikki
Member Avatar
ChillLord
Let me 'splain...no let me sum up...

Nik was trolling NamelessPasserby's twitter because she is made of win and awesome and he likes reading JB stuff (I might be embellishing here).
He finds that bloody Shot Caller picture and it dings his spoiler button.
He follows NP on twitter so he can message her and ask about the pic.
She does not flop into a puddle of glee, and responds, directing him to fangirlteam.
Detective Nikolaj then anonymously messages fangirlteam, asking about the pic.
She responds thinking it's a troll.
I let her know it is not a troll, NIKOLAJ alert.
She responds again all verklempt.

In the mean time, Nikolaj is looking through all tweets in which he's tagged and cruising the JB tag on AO3. (I might be embellishing here.)
online profile quote Top

Pickled
Member Avatar
Almost a Knight
I still want to know how he saw the picture in the first place.

I'm nosey that way.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · All About the Cast · Next Topic »
Add Reply