web
analytics
It Will Always Be Yours
Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
The Kiss; (in which we ponder the manner of our collective brain implosion)
Topic Started: Jun 14 2016, 07:42 PM (16,709 Views)
Quinn
Member Avatar
Director of HYPE
As requested by Larth...discuss the details of how the show might portray the first J/B kiss. You know, before they bang. Bronn made it canon!

Posted Image
offline profile quote Top

FairladyZ2005
Engagement Sword Forger
I do recall such a kiss thread that was buried in the archives by now. It's become a timely topic worth revisiting again.
Edited by FairladyZ2005, Jun 14 2016, 08:15 PM.

Quinn
Member Avatar
Director of HYPE
It's a bit of a pain to re-add archived whole threads without messing up the categories, so feel free to repost your spec if you want, OR..new juicy fantasies :-P

FairladyZ2005
Engagement Sword Forger
Good to know, just wondered about the logistics of that since there seem to be a few more topics beyond the kiss that seem worth making new threads for as well. Now I need to go any check if I had any good kiss ideas I forgot about or not. :-)

Mikki
Member Avatar
ChillLord
...Tender...maybe in comfort. Jaime has never gotten tender before. I'd love the contrast.

ETA: Archives, yes, it is a total pain to move things, sorry. I archived threads that had gone idle for months. We can always talk about things again :)
Edited by Mikki, Jun 14 2016, 08:53 PM.

Quinn
Member Avatar
Director of HYPE
My whole headcanon is super tender and tentative at first, then they stare at each other in shock, then Jaime just snogs her HARD.

MsLibby
Member Avatar
Kingsguard
I can't picture either of them being gentle as it's not in their character. But maybe that's what they need.

Mikki
Member Avatar
ChillLord
The first kiss is tender because he has to be sure she's receptive. Then it's hard snogging with armor flying.

Afterwards, in the glow, he laughs and she's all nervous and tries to get up. He grabs her back and kisses her, calling her "His Maid of Tarth."

tamjlee
Arms of the Woman He Loves
I'm thinking about the interview where they mention the position of the table and how it was important that they restrain from showing physical contact because these are characters completely in denial or unaware of the truth of what they are experiencing and a touch may finally let them know.In the past on their original journey they have touched, but that was before the big feels developed.So Im thinking the kiss will come after an accidental or spontaneous touch.Maybe a quick excited hug before they notice what they are doing it,like after winning a battle or something.Maybe an accidental brush against each other, or a touch of caring when one is hurt or incapacitated (drunk or helping one handed Jaime). They will touch, it will be electric, they will stare at each other and just grab hold and kiss, not a word said.Then they will both pull back, look at each other again and just go for it, floodgates open.

elly
Ser Cleos
To be honest, I hope it happens a long time before they bang.

Which in this universe works out to be... oh... 2.5 episodes. :laugh:

But seriously, as hot as J/B is, I'd prefer to not have a repeat of Robb/Talisa. Of course, being short on time, we can't wait as long as Sam/Gilly either. Somewhere in there I know there is a happy medium!

Oops. supposed to be discussing the actual kiss, sorry. :laugh: Hmm... it could happen in a rare moment of peace, right in the middle of the craziness. Sometime after Brienne gets her *shudder* long due fall and heals (or is in the process of healing). I could see it happening the night before a decisive battle, where they just get to be themselves (sorry, I'm vanilla like that). They could be talking about stuff that happened, about what is and isn't important, and be honest about what they truly mean to one another. And damnit, Jaime could fit in a compliment about her eyes or something... it would sound dumb and cheesy coming from any other man, but here, Brienne would know he meant it. And then uhhhh... meaningful glances while inching closer and then kissing.

I'd get into more detail but I'm afraid I would explode. :goldhand: :sapphire: (AHHHHHHHH SAPPHIRES!!! THANK YOU! :woot: )

(.....kind of looks like he's reaching out for it, doesn't it?)

Quinn
Member Avatar
Director of HYPE
:goldhand: :sapphire:

^ Kinda looks dirty, but that's my brain for ya ;)

After the fun spec about Brienne getting mortally injured and Beric giving her the kiss of life because Thoros sees her in the fire...if that happened, I would want Jaime to kiss her first, as if he couldn't stand the idea of Beric touching her like that and has to stake his claim beforehand. He's a possessive lil jackass like that. :pirate:

FairladyZ2005
Engagement Sword Forger
Book wise I always pictured Jaime's stump brushing against Brienne's mangled cheek. So maybe for the show a gentle caress over some lesser injury, maybe Brienne's old scars from the bear pit. Eyes lock and a gentle kiss happens. They pull away, surprised. More hearteyes, maybe a line of dialogue. Then kiss resumes harder. <3 :blueheart:
Edited by FairladyZ2005, Jun 14 2016, 10:29 PM.

SendARaven
Member Avatar
Almost a Beauty
In my head their first kiss is a soft feather light barely a kiss type of kiss from Jaime to test the waters and see if Brienne is feeling eh ok about it. She'd kiss him back in her own super endearing sort of way, and then bam good old make out session! :D

Or they kiss each other, both look surprised, flood gates open and they dive right in and visit bang city a few episodes later. Oh yes :yes:

desi_dangerous
Member Avatar
Almost a Beauty
Call me a big ball of harvarti cheese, but I think their first kiss could be a kiss on the hand befitting of a maiden and knight. Jaime takes her hand, bows and brushes his lips reverently over her knuckles keeping that soft, heart-melting eye contact the whole time. It's respectful and yet intimate at the same time. A proper, more demanding kiss might follow immediately after it, or at another time, but you get the sense that this is a romance.

Outside of the realm of fanfiction and fangirling, I suppose I just can't see Brienne or Jaime in much of a hurry to get into each other's pants. I find their relationship more emotional than physical. Not that there isn't any physical attraction or that I believe that a physical encounter isn't possible between the two of them. It's just that, if Cersei and Brienne are foils, it would make sense for their relationship with Jaime to be a foils as well. Whereas the twin's relationship was characterized by this raw, physical and fiery impatience, doing it anytime, everywhere, on top of anything, next to anything (*shudder*) with the heightened danger of getting caught, I think Jaime and Brienne would take it a bit slower and sweeter. I think they'd both treat a kiss on the mouth with great gravitas. Lots of pausing in between to gaze and make heart eyes at each other and deep emotion. Like...

Posted Image

Or maybe one of these:

Posted Image

Yes, I know I'm such a goon.

Posted Image

Edited by desi_dangerous, Jun 14 2016, 11:22 PM.

Quinn
Member Avatar
Director of HYPE
You can be havarti, and I'll be Manchego or something! Cheese is where it's at.

I definitely agree that it would be something slow and intimate at first. Particularly on Jaime's part, because his relationship would, for once, not have to be shameful or hidden. No need to rush, because Brienne wouldn't have to rush away. He wouldn't worry about constantly losing her or getting found out.

I have been one to believe that we would never actually get a sex scene on the show. I've never thought that EVER, and I thought the most we would get beyond words/looks/brushing hands would be a "kiss before dying" sort of thing, or a kiss in the midst of danger, even if they both live. That whole thing with Bronn and Pod framing the entire relationship BEFORE we actually see the reunion in terms of sexuality has, just a tiny bit, changed my mind! We could indeed get an actual consummation at some point, and if we do, I think that one or two kisses were occur before that, by at least an episode. I also think they would be naked (not that we would see anything, like the bath), because every encounter Jaime had with Cersei was fully clothed and rushed and clandestine. This would be the opposite, and their most important truth-telling session where they really became bonded was when they had nothing to hide behind.

Just being' cheesy ;)

desi_dangerous
Member Avatar
Almost a Beauty
Oh, I hear you, Quinn. The Bronn-Pod 'are they in there fooking?' convo changed my perspective on the two having an on-screen kiss. It's not guaranteed, but it opened up quite the realm of possibilities. And you're right. If they do have a physical encounter, I think it will be a naked, intimate encounter to contrast the clothed hurry-hurry with J/C.

Anyone ever see 'Hell on Wheels?' I can't say I recommend the series as a whole, but there was this one episode where the main character, Cullen, gets together with his love interest, Lily, in one of the most sweetest and tasteful love scenes I've seen on television. I imagine something close to that... though perhaps shorter and less, um, detailed. (Feel free to remove the link if it's not appropriate, Mods).

Sophie
Member Avatar
Engagement Sword Forger
I reckon Jaime will steal a kiss on the lips.
I'm still watching the 'we don't get to choose who we love' hold in S3 and seeing that brief moment where Jaime/Nik makes as if to get in her face, and Brienne/Gwen recoils ever so slightly but can't look away. A bit of a rabbit in the headlights look but with a hint of bewilderment as to why. I really liked the way they interpreted that moment. A mirror of that please! But more!!
Edited by Sophie, Jun 15 2016, 12:06 AM.

tamjlee
Arms of the Woman He Loves
What about a real stolen type of kiss......one of them is sleeping, or semi unconscious due to injury or illness and the other just can't help but give a light kiss as their first acknowledgment of something more.

imzadi
Shipper
Sophie
Jun 15 2016, 12:03 AM
I reckon Jaime will steal a kiss on the lips.
I agree. They're usually so rigid and careful not to act on their feelings, so perhaps during an argument, when they get passionate and forget about their inhibitions for a moment. I can see Jaime interrupting her with a kiss, shocking both himself and Brienne - maybe she even slaps him like NCW said in one of the interviews. There's a flicker of doubt and vulnerability on his face but then she returns it and she really goes for it.

Mikki
Member Avatar
ChillLord
I really don't want her to slap him. That's what Cersei did. I want it to be the opposite of what he had with his sister. I want tender, sweet, passionate, naked and not violent.

larth
Member Avatar
Almost a Beauty
Thanks for the thread :D

Given their most recent scenes, I think their first kiss will be sweet, tender, unsure, unexpected and lovely. haha too many things going on at once.

Everything we've seen from them so far aside from when they are talking shop, has been very romantic and slow so I don't think it will hard or rough for their first kiss.

imzadi
Shipper
Mikki
Jun 15 2016, 08:22 AM
I really don't want her to slap him. That's what Cersei did. I want it to be the opposite of what he had with his sister. I want tender, sweet, passionate, naked and not violent.
Me neither, tbh. NCW apparently thinks that's how she'd react to Jaime trying something, but hopefully not. I do see it coming in a heated moment with their bodies betraying their usual closely guarded stances, so maybe more of a desperate kiss at first which then becomes more tender. They're hiding behind so many walls, I think it takes something shocking to draw them out.

After the kiss they may very well feel a bit awkward, maybe try to avoid each other until they figure stuff out but eventually have to address it. They both come with a lot of baggage which is bound to cause angst so I don't think anything more would happen until they admit to themselves that they loved each other. For Jaime in particular, love is everything. He needs to acknowledge that he's in love in order to make a move, but once he does I'm sure he'll do something about it. Because when Jaime's in love he wants to shout it from the roof tops.

Deleted User
Deleted User

fuck this thread lol too many feelings.

In the books I keep going back to that line where Jaime tells Peck that when in bed, be gentle and soft, like how you'd treat a bride. To me, that always felt like a huge clue as to the type of lover Jaime actually is. But he's unable to express himself with slow and emotional sex because of the situation he's in with Cersei. It's always been rushed. I believe he even thinks back on how he would want to just lay with her and hold her but can't. So I think with Brienne it's for sure going to be the opposite because he'll finally be allowed to take his time (and she's a virgin so he'd want to be careful with her).

But that's with sex lol. For a kiss? Hm. For both show and books, I imagine it in several different ways, but there's one I tend to lean more towards. I imagine a situation where Jaime is comforting Brienne over a physical or an emotional reason, which reverses their roles from S3 when she was his caretaker and comforting him. He leans in and kisses her tentatively. She freezes, then pulls away and gets angry. She accuses him of turning her into some joke, he gets defensive and heated, and before they even realize it they're heatedly making out. The fiery kiss simmers back down into slow and nervous as they blindly move towards a bed.

I know some people are ok without a visible consummation from these two, but TBH I will be reallyyyy disappointed and annoyed if we don't get a sex scene because... why not? Why do we see sex from every other couple on this show but for Jaime and Brienne it's no way? They're too special to get a sex scene? They're the only slow burn couple on this show and I think we need to see a character like Brienne have a moment like that on television. This is a show that loves to push boundaries and shake the norm, so it would be odd if they DIDN'T show the audience this Beauty and Beast's well deserved bang. I get that Brienne on the show isn't really that ugly, but they have made it clear that she's supposed to be and, I think GC is gorgeous and all, but she ISN'T your typical beauty on the show.
quote Top

Erin
Member Avatar
Evenstar
I can see Jaime eventually getting to the point where he's comfortable enough to act on his feelings. He's a man driven by love, so I feel like he'd make the first move.

Brienne is more guarded and wary, so I think she'd have some conflicting emotions. She'd totally want it, but a part of her would be a little hesitant and fearful, before she eventually gives in to her feelings.

I'm really curious as to how far beyond kissing Brienne would let things go. She's very proper and quite a traditionalist. Would she let Jaime get past first based if they're not married? Or would she be too overcome to even bother giving it second thought?

Currawong
Not the Valonqar
tamjlee
Jun 14 2016, 09:02 PM
So Im thinking the kiss will come after an accidental or spontaneous touch.Maybe a quick excited hug before they notice what they are doing it,like after winning a battle or something.Maybe an accidental brush against each other, or a touch of caring when one is hurt or incapacitated (drunk or helping one handed Jaime). They will touch, it will be electric, they will stare at each other and just grab hold and kiss, not a word said.Then they will both pull back, look at each other again and just go for it, floodgates open.

I like that idea. I can just see it as one or other of them perhaps stumble, and the other automatically reaches out and helps them.

Actually, if *I* was scripting it, I would make it a funny accidental moment, especially after Bronn's scene last episode. I would have the two of them leading or tending to their horses, and one horse just turns its head and shoves either Jaime or Brienne in the back and right into the other, who of course has to grab them to stop them falling over ... I can almost hear Bronn saying: "See - even a dumb horse knows what you two should be doing!"

larth
Member Avatar
Almost a Beauty
Erin
Jun 15 2016, 01:01 PM
I can see Jaime eventually getting to the point where he's comfortable enough to act on his feelings. He's a man driven by love, so I feel like he'd make the first move.

Brienne is more guarded and wary, so I think she'd have some conflicting emotions. She'd totally want it, but a part of her would be a little hesitant and fearful, before she eventually gives in to her feelings.

I'm really curious as to how far beyond kissing Brienne would let things go. She's very proper and quite a traditionalist. Would she let Jaime get past first based if they're not married? Or would she be too overcome to even bother giving it second thought?
Ohhhh

Good question...

GOT isn't Jane Austen :D but... Brienne is Brienne. What if Brienne doesn't let it go far at first but only gives in when they think they are about to die. But they don't die of course B-)

Deleted User
Deleted User

larth
Jun 16 2016, 08:04 PM
Erin
Jun 15 2016, 01:01 PM

Ohhhh

Good question...

GOT isn't Jane Austen :D but... Brienne is Brienne. What if Brienne doesn't let it go far at first but only gives in when they think they are about to die. But they don't die of course B-)
I don't think they have to be on the verge of death for her to let it happen. I have a feeling Jaime is Brienne's weakness. ;)
quote Top

Quinn
Member Avatar
Director of HYPE
I'm actually torn about Brienne's reactions. Part of me thinks she holds honor so dearly that she would pretty much avoid anything remotely improper (outside of her own daydreams of course) without extreme impetus, like impeding death ^. The other part of me thinks we could be very surprised by her willingness to engage in shenanigans. She is a hopeless romantic.

I've actually always really liked the contrast between Brienne and Sansa in terms of loving the songs and the stories about knights and maidens. Sansa took the stories literally (VERY) and painted herself as the maiden waiting for the knight to be dashing and fall in love with her. She's a pre-Raphaelite painting. Brienne did the opposite. She painted herself as the knight figure because it was suited to her physicality and her sense of honor. That is a role she can try to fulfill, where she believes that she could never be the maiden.

THEN good ol' GRRM gives Brienne a penchant for pretty boys. She should be focused on the maidens she can rescue (SANSA), but there is a pesky distraction of pretty male faces. She painted Renly as the maiden. She had to be the knight to protect him. She never once says anything about admiring his strength or his warrior skill. It's his kindness, leadership, and generosity. She fails in her role as a knight to protect her chosen maiden.

Problem is, she can't paint Jaime as a maiden. He defies that type entirely apart from being beautiful. She doesn't know what to do with him, and he intrudes in her private thoughts, he is NOT being formed as a maiden. They are instead equals, and there is even a hint of reversal in that she admits her desire to paint herself as the maiden (wishing she could rest her head on his shoulder to seek comfort).

She can't be anything but the knight to herself where she wishes to be the maiden of the songs ONLY regarding Jaime. She doesn't even realize that she has BEEN the maiden at times because Jaime has rescued her twice. It's not necessarily about traditional male/female role reversals or acceptances, it's that Brienne herself paints relationships in the framework of knight/maidens songs.

She is a romantic! So rambling on, if given the chance to be the maiden and if she accepts that Jaime actually does love her, I sort of think she would allow herself to explore her sexuality. There is clear subtext that she thinks of him very inappropriately while alone and naked ;-) I think she actually would express her desire if given the chance.

glamaphonic
Member Avatar
Kingslayer
I think sex with Jaime wouldn't be her initial intention, but would end up happening anyway.

Lady in Red
Goldenhand
Mikki
Jun 15 2016, 08:22 AM
Definitely no slap.

I could see her freaking out and pushing him away, but perhaps maintaining a grip on his shirt, holding him nearby while she either interrogates him ("why did you do that?", "what are you doing?") or just searches his expression looking for mocking. Then she pulls him back and initiates a second kiss.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Show Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply