web
analytics
It Will Always Be Yours
Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Episode 2 - Stormborn
Topic Started: Jun 4 2017, 11:34 AM (9,621 Views)
Mikki
Member Avatar
ChillLord
Daenerys (Emilia Clarke) receives an unexpected visitor. Jon (Kit Harington) faces a revolt. Tyrion (Peter Dinklage) plans the conquest of Westeros. 59 minutes.
Edited by Mikki, Jul 7 2017, 08:22 PM.
offline profile quote Top

Mikki
Member Avatar
ChillLord
Edited by Mikki, Jul 16 2017, 11:20 PM.

Quinn
Member Avatar
Director of HYPE
Ten minutes!

Mikki
Member Avatar
ChillLord
Quick hit thoughts.

I was bored by Missandei/Grey Worm sex. I am just not invested there.

Negotiator Jaime is hot.

I know I should not have been cheering for Hot Danish Pacey, but I SO WAS. Crazy fighting Hot Danish Pacey with his crazy fighting music killing Sand Snakes. I am SO in for that.

Dr. Samwell House curing Jorah was ...gross. Cutting to Pie was even grosser.

Both Hot Pie and Nymeria are all "You're freaky and weird, we don't like you" to Arya.

I wanted Baelish and Jon to make out.

tamjlee
Arms of the Woman He Loves
My feed cut out for the last 10 min....it stopped when Yara was flirting sith Ellaria so I guess that was when Hot Danish Pacey attacked....oh well get it on the second showing.

Did I miss the JC kissing too....or was it earlier and I was distracted by my kids who were supposed to be outside playing and kept coming in.

BrendaofTarth
Half a God
Some random thoughts ...

1) Spoilers were mostly spot on. Not much in the way of surprises.

2) Definitely not my favorite episode, J/B wise, since they were barely in it.

3) Arya's scenes were my favorite this week. Loved the reunion with Nymeria. Also loved the emotion that washed over her when she heard Jon was at Winterfell. She's actually turning back into someone I like. And I have a feeling we might see Nymeria and her pack again.

4) I really enjoyed watching the sand snakes get screwed during the sea battle. I hate those bitches. Glad Dany stuck up for Tyrion. It was also nice hearing Sansa stick up for him too.

5) Loved Jon almost beating the crap out of Baelish.

6) One burning question I do have: Why did Sam have to skin that greyscale crap off of poor Jorah while he was fully conscious? They have milk of the fucking poppy all over The Seven Kingdoms ... but not in the Citadel?

All in all, decent episode ... but not my favorite.

darlingofthewesterlands
Member Avatar
Ser Cleos
Missandei/Grey Worm went on far too long. And the door was left open the whole time throughout the scene, which annoyed me.

The sea battle was amazing. It would have been better if I was invested in the Sand Snakes, but Hot Danish Pacey was wonderfully terrifying and it was just stunning.

I cried when I saw Hot Pie. Loved the scene with him and Arya.

As much as I'm Team Sansa QUEENINDANORF, I don't really see the point in her and Jon having heart-to-hearts 'we need to support each other' and then for her to call him out in front of his vassals for a second time.

sapphire-lions
Member Avatar
Half a God
I missed everything! Was Brienne in it? Is Tormund gone yet? What did Jaime do?
online profile quote Top

Mikki
Member Avatar
ChillLord
Jaime's face when Cersei talked about the Mad King. She has no idea. I love Nikolaj's face.

(No kissing Tam)

BrendaofTarth
Half a God
darlingofthewesterlands
Jul 23 2017, 09:12 PM
Missandei/Grey Worm went on far too long. And the door was left open the whole time throughout the scene, which annoyed me.

The sea battle was amazing. It would have been better if I was invested in the Sand Snakes, but Hot Danish Pacey was wonderfully terrifying and it was just stunning.

I cried when I saw Hot Pie. Loved the scene with him and Arya.

As much as I'm Team Sansa QUEENINDANORF, I don't really see the point in her and Jon having heart-to-hearts 'we need to support each other' and then for her to call him out in front of his vassals for a second time.
I agree sbout the Grey Worm sex scene. I felt like HBO just threw that in there to meet their naked quota for the week.

Mikki
Member Avatar
ChillLord
Sapphire, Brienne sat there in the North listening to the bickering.

Jaime listened to Cersei's speech and looked annoyed and when she mentioned Aerys, you could see it on his face, emotion. Jaime negotiated with Randyll Tarly to get him to go against the Tyrells. Jaime looked hot. That was it really.
Edited by Mikki, Jul 23 2017, 09:18 PM.

QueenBri
Jaime’s Luscious Locks
I thought it was a weirdly low energy episode, in spite of the sea battle. I don't know. Something was just off.

Nice set up with Varys and Dany. He's so going to betray her. I'm intrigued about the portrayal of the Tarlys as well, especially against Olenna who no longer gives a crap about anything except putting Cersei's head on a spike. Randyll was far more reasonable than the last time we saw him, and I thought Dickon might be in awe of Jaime slightly. Regardless, he's pretty.

But, oh damn, Mad Hot Danish Pacey is so going to egg on Mad Cersei at some point. All hail her new twin! :laugh:

BrendaofTarth
Half a God
sapphire-lions
Jul 23 2017, 09:15 PM
Brienne was at the weekly Jon Snow State of the North meeting, but she had no lines. I didn't see if Tormund was there.

Jaime had a few lines, mostly promising the south to Tarly if he jumps on board as an ally.

Ashes
Red Leatherer
I thought the episode was ok 👌 but anybody else get the feeling Hot Danish Pacey/Ceresi will be the mad couple later on and just wreck havoc. It will be JB vs Hot Danish Pacey and Ceresi may the sanest couple win lol

sapphire-lions
Member Avatar
Half a God
Mikki
Jul 23 2017, 09:17 PM
Sapphire, Brienne sat there in the North listening to the bickering.

Jaime listened to Cersei's speech and looked annoyed and when she mentioned Aerys, you could see it on his face, emotion. Jaime negotiated with Randyll Tarly to get him to go against the Tyrells. Jaime looked hot. That was it really.
Thanks! Has Tormund gone to Eastwatch yet? I want him too far away to creep on my girl.
online profile quote Top

darlingofthewesterlands
Member Avatar
Ser Cleos
sapphire-lions
Jul 23 2017, 09:15 PM
brienne had a reaction shot to jon saying something vaguely inspirational

tormund appears to have gone to eastwatch, due to the time that has passed, but this is not explicitly mentioned

jaime is playing the negotiator, trying to convince randyll tarly to join cersei against olenna and dany

darlingofthewesterlands
Member Avatar
Ser Cleos
Ashes
Jul 23 2017, 09:23 PM
I thought the episode was ok 👌 but anybody else get the feeling Hot Danish Pacey/Ceresi will be the mad couple later on and just wreck havoc. It will be JB vs Hot Danish Pacey and Ceresi may the sanest couple win lol
i ship ironwine so hard

honestly, Hot Danish Pacey was the star of this episode- utterly fantastic. proper book crazy crow's eye. i am really excited to see him next week. i can't believe he was directed so terribly last season.
Edited by darlingofthewesterlands, Jul 23 2017, 09:25 PM.

Mikki
Member Avatar
ChillLord
I totally thought of Jon's scenes as King in the North's Question Time.

Ellaria's dress looks like it's made of ugly couch upholstery.

I'm curious about Olenna's game here. I think her sole goal is revenge and not putting Dany on the Throne. I also loved Varys' speech.

Quinn
Member Avatar
Director of HYPE
I paid specific attention to see where Tormund was, and he was NOT at the Jon speech scene. He's gone to Eastwatch for sure.

The pacing is madcap, but they're making it work (for me). I've never been one to care about jetpacks though : -) I think one thing that is possibly being "felt" is that this is smallest cast there's ever been. We're seeing some of those meetups and groups, and longer scenes for certain characters like Sam. We're missing some of the things we were used to, like Brienne traveling with Pod, The Wall scenes, an actually populated KL, all of Essos, etc.

For me, it hasn't felt "off" so much as "different" which it IS.

Violet
Bath Steamer
I liked Hot Pie mentioning whether the "giant lady" had found Arya. A good callback.

Arya broke my heart. Both with Hot Pie and Nymeria. Her regressive lack of table manners and disinterest in Hot Pie shows that she's growing as wild as Nymeria. But at the end, for a brief moment, she tried to reconnect with Hot Pie. I fear her soul is 99% lost.

Loved negotiating Jaime. A great call back to his "you're always forsaking one oath for another" speech to Catelyn. Jaime threw Tarly's oath to Olenna back at him, and checked him with his oath to the crown. I was kind of wondering why Tarly wasn't asking, "Exactly what gives Cersei the right to sit on the throne?"
Edited by Violet, Jul 23 2017, 09:41 PM.

BrendaofTarth
Half a God
tamjlee
Jul 23 2017, 09:09 PM
My feed cut out for the last 10 min....it stopped when Yara was flirting sith Ellaria so I guess that was when Hot Danish Pacey attacked....oh well get it on the second showing.

Did I miss the JC kissing too....or was it earlier and I was distracted by my kids who were supposed to be outside playing and kept coming in.
No JC pukefest this week.

That's probably next week. Oh boy. Can't wait. I got my bucket.

darlingofthewesterlands
Member Avatar
Ser Cleos
Quinn
Jul 23 2017, 09:27 PM
I paid specific attention to see where Tormund was, and he was NOT at the Jon speech scene. He's gone to Eastwatch for sure.

The pacing is madcap, but they're making it work (for me). I've never been one to care about jetpacks though : -) I think one thing that is possibly being "felt" is that this is smallest cast there's ever been. We're seeing some of those meetups and groups, and longer scenes for certain characters like Sam. We're missing some of the things we were used to, like Brienne traveling with Pod, The Wall scenes, an actually populated KL, all of Essos, etc.

yeah, i agree! the pacing is working. it doesn't feel so jetpacky this season- i don't really know how they are doing it, but they have somehow set it up really well from episode 1 that time is passing. it all feels very organic.. that was not the case with season 6!

koops
Member Avatar
Evenstar
So, is the J/C "alliance" framed around fighting Dany, yes? Not just expanding Cersei's powers?

And I never really thought about the fact that, technically, it should be Jaime on the throne. I wonder if that was just glossed over by the writers because they didn't even think of it, or it's a point that will come up later on. Olenna surely seems like the type to voice something like that.

As for the Greyworm/Missandei sex scene... well, I would be glad if it felt long because it might bode well for us next season ;)
Edited by koops, Jul 23 2017, 09:33 PM.
online profile quote Top

BrendaofTarth
Half a God
darlingofthewesterlands
Jul 23 2017, 09:25 PM
Ashes
Jul 23 2017, 09:23 PM
i ship ironwine so hard

honestly, Hot Danish Pacey was the star of this episode- utterly fantastic. proper book crazy crow's eye. i am really excited to see him next week. i can't believe he was directed so terribly last season.
I really did love Hot Danish Pacey's entrance ... that was pretty bad-ass.

I know it's wrong, but I was kinda rooting for him. Yara and Theon are irritating.

Cerenna of Highgarden
Member Avatar
Cock Merchant
BrendaofTarth
Jul 23 2017, 09:30 PM
tamjlee
Jul 23 2017, 09:09 PM

No JC pukefest this week.

That's probably next week. Oh boy. Can't wait. I got my bucket.
We're ALL gonna need a bucket for the next episode ;)

zuzu's petals
Dragon Charger
I agree about the low energy QueenBri. But that's OK, given the actual events.

When Cersei was giving that speech, I thought to myself that it sounded like she had been coached by Jaime a bit, and was doing a bad job of delivering. Jaime is much more convincing at persuation and diplomacy (duh). I found the highlight of "bent on revenge" Olenna kind of interesting... Jaime doesn't like revenge. So in his own mind, how is he justifying Cersei? I can't wait to find out.

Arya's scenes were great.

Varys' speech was interesting as HELL.

Olive
Bath Steamer
Tam, the J/C grossness will occur in episode 3.

Jaime (and Brienne) parts first...

-Definitely did not care for Jaime here. He stood next to Cersei, watched her convince the Tarlys et. al to her cause by saying Dany and her horde of Dothrakis cause mass destruction and Jaime basically agrees...which is fucking ridiculous when Cersei pulled off the same kind of shit. And yes, she brought up the Mad King to persuade the men that Dany is dangerous. Jaime's face was, to me, agreeing with Cersei there. Not annoyed.

-Randyll Tarly has a separate conversation with Jaime and tells Jaime he has no choice but to go along with Cersei because she knows what she can do when anyone goes against her. Cue a look at Jaime who definitely knows what Cersei's done but doesn't seem to care. Jaime tells Randyll that he must help him and Cersei defeat ALL of her enemies. Sigh. Only great thing was seeing Jaime's negotiating abilities. But negotiating for the wrong side/cause.

-I loved seeing Brienne's face for a hot second. She gave a small smile at Sansa when Jon proclaimed Sansa in charge of the North while he's away. Lots of talk about allies taking place in that meeting with Jon. Sansa wanted an emissary sent to Dany in Jon's place; he disagreed. Makes me think it's true that Sansa does send Brienne as her emissary to KL.

-Don't know what to think of Sansa/LF, but this whole emphasis on her becoming Cersei and being dishonorable makes me feel that it's all going to be a red herring. We'll see.

-The whole of Westeros knows what Cersei did; Hot Pie tells Arya Cersei blew up the sept with wildfire.

-Arya watching Nymeria turn away and not go home with her was pretty telling to me. I feel like Arya will go home and realize she no longer belongs, just like Nymeria. It's not her life anymore.

-I loved the sea battle. It was impressive. I thought the Sand Snakes were a lot better this time around.

-I shuddered during that whole Sam/Jorah bit but I really hope Sam manages to save him.

-Dany/Tyrion/Varys/Olenna scene was very well done. Lots to unpack there. But I definitely believe Varys will betray Dany and he won't be telling her to her face that she's failing the people. Varys also called Dany "beautiful," which I thought was important to note. Tyrion is talking a big game about destroying the Lannisters and Casterly Rock, but it's obvious he's going to have regrets when he registers Jaime. He hasn't been mentioning him as yet.
Edited by Olive, Jul 23 2017, 09:41 PM.

QueenBri
Jaime’s Luscious Locks
Quinn
Jul 23 2017, 09:27 PM
For sure. I didn't feel like the pacing was madcap though, but instead rather plodding. I mean sex scenes aren't supposed to be dull, are they? It's weird. I'm going to have to see if I feel the same way after a re-watch. It could well just be me.

Got to say that I'm really enjoying Sam's arc this season though. He's defo turning into Westeros' MVP. I think we got a huge hint about his future as well when Jaime told Randyll he'd be 'Warden of the South' and it immediately cut to him. Awesome.

zuzu's petals
Dragon Charger
koops
Jul 23 2017, 09:32 PM
So, is the J/C "alliance" framed around fighting Dany, yes? Not just expanding Cersei's powers?

And I never really thought about the fact that, technically, it should be Jaime on the throne. I wonder if that was just glossed over by the writers because they didn't even think of it, or it's a point that will come up later on. Olenna surely seems like the type to voice something like that.

As for the Greyworm/Missandei sex scene... well, I would be glad if it felt long because it might bode well for us next season ;)
And that Olenna's wrong because she just wants revenge. Which I find an interesting perspective from Jaime. Essentially it means that he's backing who he sees as the lesser of three evils. Which means he doesn't see what Cersei did as revenge... yet.

I think they actually will address the "should be Jaime on the throne" thing. Or at least, I think it's going to be relevant later on.

BrendaofTarth
Half a God
BrendaofTarth
Jul 23 2017, 09:11 PM
Some random thoughts ...

1) Spoilers were mostly spot on. Not much in the way of surprises.

2) Definitely not my favorite episode, J/B wise, since they were barely in it.

3) Arya's scenes were my favorite this week. Loved the reunion with Nymeria. Also loved the emotion that washed over her when she heard Jon was at Winterfell. She's actually turning back into someone I like. And I have a feeling we might see Nymeria and her pack again.

4) I really enjoyed watching the sand snakes get screwed during the sea battle. I hate those bitches. Glad Dany stuck up for Tyrion. It was also nice hearing Sansa stick up for him too.

5) Loved Jon almost beating the crap out of Baelish.

6) One burning question I do have: Why did Sam have to skin that greyscale crap off of poor Jorah while he was fully conscious? They have milk of the fucking poppy all over The Seven Kingdoms ... but not in the Citadel?

All in all, decent episode ... but not my favorite.
Oh. And one more observation ...

I loved the giant dragon skull down there in the basement at KL, but if Q can invent an anti-dragon gun, why can't he invent gun powder?

Just things that make me go hmmmmm ...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Season 7 · Next Topic »
Add Reply