web
analytics
It Will Always Be Yours
Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Episode 7 - The Dragon and the Wolf
Topic Started: Jun 4 2017, 11:37 AM (24,668 Views)
Mikki
Member Avatar
ChillLord
We have a title.

Posted Image

81 minutes.
Edited by Mikki, Aug 21 2017, 10:33 PM.
offline profile quote Top

Mikki
Member Avatar
ChillLord
Or is it The Dragon and the Wolf?

Posted Image

Mikki
Member Avatar
ChillLord
FUCKING AMAZING.

Not nearly the JB I'd fanfictioned up, but Jaime walking out on Cersei was FANTASTIC.

And the rest...holy shit, the rest...

MsLibby
Member Avatar
Kingsguard
tell those of us who can't watch waht happened..please!

Mikki
Member Avatar
ChillLord
Benioff and Weiss talking about Cersei being unequivocally bad and that Jaime knows it. They talk about Jaime's decision to leave Cersei being based on how she is not loyal to him.

D&D also talk about Jon and Dany being incesty.

The leaks are on point, Sansa does not die. I'll eat crow. :) But the episode was so amazing I don't care.

Looks like Tormund dies at Eastwatch.
Edited by Mikki, Aug 27 2017, 08:58 PM.

TheConstantShipper
Ser Cleos
I'm sad I'm stuck at work now.

MsLibby
Member Avatar
Kingsguard
Oh no....not Tormund. NO *cry*

Cerenna of Highgarden
Member Avatar
Cock Merchant
At least that means no more T/B shippers. Though its a shame Tormund had to die...

Quinn
Member Avatar
Director of HYPE
I don't know that Tormund dies. We don't see him die, we see him staring at havok, and I THINK he's still at the top of the Wall with Beric. They could run on top of the Wall to Castle Black, which is what I'm speccing they will do. BUT, I'm rewatching to see if I totally missed things!

ballade
Member Avatar
Cock Merchant
I'm halfway through and the Dragonpit is fucking amazing. And Jaime talking to Bronn at the beginning is so damn sad. I'm a little bummed that it looks like Jaime and Brienne are only having that 10 seconds of conversation though :(

Oh also I love that Jaime tells Euron to sit his ass down when Euron is telling Tyrion they'd have killed him at birth in the Iron Islands. Insult Jaime, he says nothing; insult Tyrion, and that protective instinct comes out.

More when I finish the episode!!
Edited by ballade, Aug 27 2017, 09:18 PM.

Mikki
Member Avatar
ChillLord
Brienne's face when she sees Jaime walk into the dragopit in his hot as fuck armor. She's blushy and awkward. Love it. They also do some cuts between Jaime and Brienne while they are waiting for Dany to arrive.

Cersei glares at Brienne. Jaime pretends not to be looking at Brienne. Brienne looks at Jaime. Jaime sort of sideeyes Cersei to see if she sees that he's been looking at Brienne.

timetravelingwritr
Kingsguard
Trying not to read your comments too much but....the episode is already over??? I thought it was longer!!

Mikki
Member Avatar
ChillLord
Euron has the biggest hardest dragonboner when he sees Dany arrive, but that's so eclipsed by Qyburn's reanimated corpse boner. He totally wants to take the wight hand back to his lab and jack off with it :)

Cerenna of Highgarden
Member Avatar
Cock Merchant
Mikki
Aug 27 2017, 09:12 PM
Brienne's face when she sees Jaime walk into the dragopit in his hot as fuck armor. She's blushy and awkward. Love it. They also do some cuts between Jaime and Brienne while they are waiting for Dany to arrive.

Cersei glares at Brienne. Jaime pretends not to be looking at Brienne. Brienne looks at Jaime. Jaime sort of sideeyes Cersei to see if she sees that he's been looking at Brienne.
I could only watch the start of the ep because I have work soon but I look forward to reading everyone's thoughts on it later.

ETA: That sounds hilarious, Mikki!

Quinn
Member Avatar
Director of HYPE
It IS. We skipped around because we're insane!

A few quick thoughts...

There is not much Brienne. It seems fairly clear they cut a few things, and I'm pondering the reasons, and I'm LIKING those reasons. We're in a situation where there's been a HUGE setup of expectations, where Sansa used Jaime behaving honorably toward Brienne as a reason she would be safe in KL, and we all focused on the "safety" and not the honor.

Now, in the Pit, it's not at all that Jaime is being dishonorable to her, it's that he's right in front of FUCKING CERSEI and is pulling an Edmure. Brienne doesn't know that though. She can't grasp it, so her face is epically gorgeous and hurt.

So what we're going to get in Episode 1 of Season 8 is Jaime having to prove to her that is still honorable and treats her with respect. He has to earn her now. Which means he has to WANT to earn her, and he always always has.

Mikki
Member Avatar
ChillLord
It's a total, "I'm checking out the girl I like, but my soon to be exgirlfriend is here and she will call the girl's eyes out. Must not look, must not look."

Also, Jon got speech lessons from Davos. :)

This episode is so good.

People with HBO can fastforward, time :)

Cerenna of Highgarden
Member Avatar
Cock Merchant
Quinn
Aug 27 2017, 09:17 PM
It IS. We skipped around because we're insane!

A few quick thoughts...

There is not much Brienne. It seems fairly clear they cut a few things, and I'm pondering the reasons, and I'm LIKING those reasons. We're in a situation where there's been a HUGE setup of expectations, where Sansa used Jaime behaving honorably toward Brienne as a reason she would be safe in KL, and we all focused on the "safety" and not the honor.

Now, in the Pit, it's not at all that Jaime is being dishonorable to her, it's that he's right in front of FUCKING CERSEI and is pulling an Edmure. Brienne doesn't know that though. She can't grasp it, so her face is epically gorgeous and hurt.

So what we're going to get in Episode 1 of Season 8 is Jaime having to prove to her that is still honorable and treats her with respect. He has to earn her now. Which means he has to WANT to earn her, and he always always has.
Do they actually speak to each other or it just non verbal?

Mikki
Member Avatar
ChillLord
Quick note on rewatch, when the wight goes for Cersei, neither Jaime, the Mountain, or any of her KG move in front of her to protect her.

Lena Headey is chewing the scenery in this episode. She's gone from "repressed rage" to "about to rip her own face off in rage."

Ashes
Red Leatherer
I was really hoping for a good cliff hanger 🤦‍♀️

MsLibby
Member Avatar
Kingsguard
You know...I'm starting to wonder if...

Spoiler: click to toggle

Mikki
Member Avatar
ChillLord
They speak, but Cersei is RIGHT THERE. And she is pissed that they are speaking. Jaime knows better than to show any affection for Brienne in that moment.

The Jaime and Tyrion conversation is fantastic. So much love there. And a truce, one idiot to another.

There is no scene of Cersei miscarrying. However, it's an interesting narrative choice that Cersei never says she's pregnant, and when she discusses the child, it's as manipulation.

Quinn
Member Avatar
Director of HYPE
I noticed that too! Jaime does not leap in front of Cersei, and yes, Lena is crazy good this episode.

Jon even pouts during sex.

Cerenna of Highgarden
Member Avatar
Cock Merchant
Mikki
Aug 27 2017, 09:24 PM
They speak, but Cersei is RIGHT THERE. And she is pissed that they are speaking. Jaime knows better than to show any affection for Brienne in that moment.

The Jaime and Tyrion conversation is fantastic. So much love there. And a truce, one idiot to another.

There is no scene of Cersei miscarrying. However, it's an interesting narrative choice that Cersei never says she's pregnant, and when she discusses the child, it's as manipulation.
Fair enough, does he promise that he'll send the army to help during the convo?

zuzu's petals
Dragon Charger
Well either I was totally wrong (sorry), or there is a missing episode, lol.

It was a good episode, but...

it felt like a penultimate episode.

Like, all the stuff we had been predicting could completely still happen, and happen at the beginning of next year. I just don't know why they would wait until next year. Odd. Very, very odd.

ETA: The swearing of swords to each other, greyscale spreading, Sansa dying, some other kind of twist, etc. All stuff completely left open for next season. I just... don't know why.
Edited by zuzu's petals, Aug 27 2017, 09:30 PM.

Entropic Girl Reporter
Member Avatar
Not the Valonqar
After the episode D&D even say that she deliberately wanted Tyrion to notice her indicating her stomach and that it was to manipulate Tyrion. Hmm.

Ashes
Red Leatherer
It truly felt as if it was leading to the idea that Ceresi will join Euron and go truly mad next season while Brienne and Jaime move forward. Kind of Ceresi vs Jaime but what do I know I just watch the show.

Cerenna of Highgarden
Member Avatar
Cock Merchant
Entropic Girl Reporter
Aug 27 2017, 09:31 PM
After the episode D&D even say that she deliberately wanted Tyrion to notice her indicating her stomach and that it was to manipulate Tyrion. Hmm.
The question is why and to what end... :huh:

Mikki
Member Avatar
ChillLord
Right...this pregnancy is Cersei way of manipulating people. It's so...odd.

Yes, zuzu, so much seems 'undone' at this point. I think it's a result of making an 8th season. This would have been a great mid-season finale, but it's just table setting.

FUCKING AMAZING table setting, but table setting.

There seem to be scenes in the leaks which we did not get.

bluebell218
Member Avatar
Kingsguard
So it might have been over armor, and it might have been while they were basically walking, but Brienne did TOUCH Jaime!!? EH? EHHH???

Quinn
Member Avatar
Director of HYPE
zuzu's petals
Aug 27 2017, 09:29 PM
Like, all the stuff we had been predicting could completely still happen, and happen at the beginning of next year. I just don't know why they would wait until next year. Odd. Very, very odd.

ETA: The swearing of swords to each other, greyscale spreading, Sansa dying, some other kind of twist, etc. All stuff completely left open for next season. I just... don't know why.
Thinking "aloud" as it were...

The Wall is down, the dead are on the march. How much time has everyone got now? A month before they make it to the Neck? They could be delayed for sure, and probably will, but it's NOT much time. There will certainly be something about Winterfell, and I think it gets surrounded.

So... the foundations of things like greyscale, the deaths, etc are the "real" story that takes place WHILE the war is being fought. Otherwise it's one giant battle scene that gets old very quickly and isn't affordable. Humanity is going to fall apart completely from disease and politics while the fight is being lost.

This is when Jaime finishes his redemption arc, earns Brienne, and they swear swords. This is when Sansa dies or whatever. This is when Arya goes to KL to kill Cersei (she might use Littlefinger's face).

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Season 7 · Next Topic »
Add Reply