web
analytics
It Will Always Be Yours
Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
JB Appreciation Week 2017!
Topic Started: Jul 4 2017, 10:23 PM (2,756 Views)
Quinn
Member Avatar
Director of HYPE
The time has come! Or more probably, it's better to get this out of the way before the season, because I very much doubt we're going to accomplish ANYTHING productive until September! Because of hype. HYPE I tell you.

So...JB Week is happening, and the theme this round will be THE FAMILY JEWELS. *snicker*

Day1 - Silver
Day 2 - Gold / Focus on Gifsets and Mood Boards
Day 3 - Obsidian / Focus on Fanart
Day 4 - Ruby / Focus on Videos and Doll Stories
Day 5 - Emerald / Focus on Endgame Fun!
Day 6 - Sapphire / Focus on Fic
Day 7 - Valyrian Steel

There will be many more events and challenges during the week, but this is what you can "prep" for if you want to create new things! We'll have a Family Jewels round robin starting on Silver Day, and a BRAND NEW activity that will probably be super crazy because US.

The big question is...WHEN? It's looking like the best-case final season scenario is fall of '18, so do we want to enjoy JB week at the normal time and do other things over the hiatus to fill the void, or do we want to push JB week to a different time?
offline profile quote Top

Erin
Member Avatar
Oathkeeper
Are we doing Secret Santa again this year? Would that conflict with the December time slot for JB Week?

DanyelN
Member Avatar
Goldenhand
I agree Erin, plus the holidays are crazy for most folks so we might not get to bask in the JB week glory at that time.
online profile quote Top

Quinn
Member Avatar
Director of HYPE
Yes, if December gets chosen, no other events in that month for sure.

Andi
Member Avatar
Goldenhand
What's happening in JB week other than the usual stuff? Is it about creating art, fanfic, gifs and so on?

Can't it be 2 weeks, one in fall and the other in spring? The number of JB shippers can increase after season 7...I haven't seen so many people shipping Jon and Dany before the spoilers about them banging in season 7 finale. People tend to jump on board when they realize that it is or will be canon, I think that's why more people were enthusiastic about JB after season 3 compared to now, because in time some lost hope that it will ever be canon after they separated ways.

Mikki
Member Avatar
ChillLord
I'm struggling with the date because we don't know when S8 will premiere. A good strong, JB Week takes a lot of creative energy. I don't want to peak too soon with our shipperiness only to be stuck in a super long hiatus. However, we want to have it relatively soon after the season in because that's when shipping is at an all time high.

Ellethom
Member Avatar
Pet Lannister
Since there is such a long hiatus between season 7 and 8 I am of a mind to plan for two of them, like one at the usual date then a second maybe at the waiting half point. I had heard they were planning for 2019 Winter as the premiere for season 8. That is a long time. We have enough time to do maybe one in October then another in summer when everyone is missing the show?

Just a thought

Erin
Member Avatar
Oathkeeper
That's an idea, Elle. I don't want to give up October, because we'll still be riding the hype from the recent season, and inspiration seems to come more easily then. Also, I know there are some people who don't stick around year round. Only closer to when the season airs. So I'm wondering if the usual time might mean more participants.

But some sort of event next summer could be a nice. We'll have all the time in the world, and it wouldn't have to be exactly the same. Just something to keep us entertained.

Mikki
Member Avatar
ChillLord
Maybe do the October week and see how things are going come next March and think about possibly planning a second one? JB week can be really exhausting to put out something every day and I don't want to burn anyone out...creativity needs watered and fed properly :)

DanyelN
Member Avatar
Goldenhand
I voted for the January dates just to give us roughly the same space between the season ending and JB week. I mean usually the season ends in June and JB week isn't till October and the hype is still there. Let's not forget how much fun the month-long fests have been this year. We can always plan loads of those for a super long hiatus.
online profile quote Top

Erin
Member Avatar
Oathkeeper
Mikki

JB week can be really exhausting to put out something every day and I don't want to burn anyone out...creativity needs watered and fed properly :)

Oh, absolutely. I was thinking more along the lines of late summer, which would be closer to our usual time again, give or take a month or two. It will have been about a year since the last one at that point.

Whatever. I guess it would help if we better knew when season 8 was expected. Because theoretically we could plan on our regular time for both 2017 and 2018 and still have two JB Weeks before season 8. :-/

justme
Member Avatar
Winner!
Since s8 is this big unknown for now in terms of airing date, I'd stick with october for JB week. As this longer hiatus has shown, we have no problem coming up with fun things to do if the wait gets too long. And once we have more knowledge as to when s8 will air, we can still decide if we could do a "halfway-there" JB week #2 or if we do some challenges like we did this spring.

Coraleeveritas
Member Avatar
Goldenhand
I'm happy with going with the usual October time if that's what everyone else is thinking :)

(I've already got an idea for a Silver fic!)

Mikki
Member Avatar
ChillLord
Maybe we can do JB week in October, since that avoids the holidays and rides the high, and then a mini JB celebration weekend or something depending on how Fandom feels come summer?

Aerest
Member Avatar
HYPEkeeper
Whatever we decide to do - it's going to be great!

Valentine's Ficlet, Meet-Cute March, One-Sentence April, JAB June - I've never experienced a J/B week, but still never felt boredom since I've been here. JBO makes me believe that a wait of any length can be filled :)

Quinn
Member Avatar
Director of HYPE
I'll leave the poll open for a full week, but it's pretty overwhelmingly October at this point. I'm good with that!

We'll come up with plenty of things to fill the hiatus.

Posted Image

Quinn
Member Avatar
Director of HYPE
The vote was cast, and JB Appreciation Week 2k17 will be in October!! The 1st through the 7th. The theme remains THE FAMILY JEWELS, and this year, because we're all one big hype-y family, we're going to celebrate each other, too! Each day will feature a different "task" that helps us share all the wonderful things this fandom has created.

Posted Image

Behold...

Sunday, October 1 - Silver / Start the week off RIGHT with the ultimate Shipper Supercut Groupwatch (featuring no Cersei, two bare asses, and two time zones!)

Monday, October 2 - Gold / Post new Gifsets and Mood Boards / Share your favorite set made by someone else! / Crack Talk: 101 Uses for Jaime's Golden Hand

Tuesday, October 3 - Obsidian / Post new Fanart / Share your favorite art made by someone else / Challenge: make art that illustrates a prompt...in 60 minutes!

Wednesday, October 4 - Ruby / Make new Videos and Doll Stories / Share someone's video or doll story that gives you feels / Fan Video and Interview Groupwatch!

Thursday, October 5 - Emerald / Awesome Meta and Endgame Fun! / Share meaningful meta, give us your 100% CONFIRMED endgame spec! /

Friday, October 6 - Sapphire / Post ALL THE FIC (I mean, post every day, but post MORE today, duh) / Comment on Three Fics you've never commented on / Really Dumb Fic-a-Thon: post one oddball ASoIaF/GoT character, and the next person has to write one paragraph of JB fic from that character's POV! Lol.

Saturday, October 7 - Valyrian Steel / Nostalgia day! / Share the first thing you ever read or looked at or heard in shipper fandom! / Bring back the first thing you ever made! / Share three goofy, weepy, snarky, lovely moments you've experienced on the Good Ship JB / Major hype chat of hype!

Week-Long Events!

The Family Jewels Round Robin Fic -
You all knew it was happening. Prepare yourselves for the crazy. The theme is THE CROWN.

The JB Scavenger Hunt: Deep Alliance Edition! - Each day, you'll get a clue that leads somewhere in the realm of ship fandom. If you figure out the clue, you'll find one scrambled word, and at the end of the week, you'll have a full phrase of scrambled words that will give you...well, you'll see. You might need a maester for this one!

Now you have plenty of time to HYPE the season and prepare for the absolute most epic JB week EVAH. Bwahahahha.

Mikki
Member Avatar
ChillLord
w000000t

Sophie
Member Avatar
Engagement Sword Forger
Good job there's a few months to prepare for this one!!! What a LIST!!!!!!
Awesomeness!
Edited by Sophie, Jul 19 2017, 01:21 PM.

justme
Member Avatar
Winner!
I'm excited already! You are the ambassador of HYPE, Quinn!

Also, couldn't help myself (it's the hype..)

Posted Image

Mikki
Member Avatar
ChillLord
AHHHH LOVE

Quinn
Member Avatar
Director of HYPE
It's GORGEOUS!!!

And now the official badge of the week!

FairladyZ2005
Maiden Saver
I just realized this is the week I'll be on vacation. Bummer. But I look forward to seeing what everyone else has created when I get back.

Mikki
Member Avatar
ChillLord
Sent out the blog post so people can gt ready!

Quinn
Member Avatar
Director of HYPE
Fairlady, I'm confident JB week joy will last well beyond your vacation return :p

DanyelN
Member Avatar
Goldenhand
I am HYPED for JB week this year! I am also pissed that my class mates have planned our something something th reunion the weekend of the 7th.
online profile quote Top

TrickyGreyArea
Member Avatar
Almost a Knight
I'm so excited for this! There is always such amazing content produced by the talented people in the fandom. I am woefully ill-equipped in the areas of "skills" and "time", but I like the option to share something that someone else has made that you especially appreciated.

Coraleeveritas
Member Avatar
Goldenhand
Yay! I love the list, Quinn, and will be starting my fic planning soon because there's so many great things in there! Not sure I can do 7 fics in 7 days but I'm up for the challenge :)

Angelic
Member Avatar
Ser Cleos
Let's see if I can make a new vid(let). Deadline is on the 4th, right?

Quinn
Member Avatar
Director of HYPE
Video day is technically the 4th, but you know...JB week is basically GIVE US ALL THE THINGS WHENEVER.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Pre-JB Week 2017 HYPE · Next Topic »
Add Reply