web
analytics
It Will Always Be Yours
Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Add Reply
Season 8 - Crack Predictions
Topic Started: Sep 2 2017, 08:52 PM (5,436 Views)
Erin
Member Avatar
Oathkeeper
Making a new thread for season 8 crack predictions.

So GRRM has recently said that Arya and Gendry will reunite at some point in the books. On the show Gendry is currently in the North and could potentially meet up with Arya. Gendry is still salty about what Mel did to him. Melisandre has prophesied that she and Arya will meet again. Melisandre has also prophesied that she will die in Westeros, which I'm assuming happens before the series ends. Melisandre is also on Arya's list.

Crack spec: Gendry tells Arya what Melisandre did to him. Tells her that she took his king's blood to wipe out Stannis' enemies. And it worked! Arya's brother Robb, Joffrey, and Balon Greyjoy all died.

Arya's pissed on Gendry's behalf, but because she's a spiteful, blood thirsty assasin now, the prospect of quickly wiping out the remaining names on her list is too tempting. She had a similair opportunity before from Jaquen during her time at Harrenhal, and she didn't make the most of it. She's not going to let another opprtunity pass her up.

She forcibly takes Gendry's blood, and sets out to find Melisandre. When she finds her, she has Melisandre perform a blood magic sacrifice, and Arya names her remaining names, including Melisandre.
offline profile quote Top

Quinn
Member Avatar
Director of HYPE
I don't even think this is THAT cracky!

Apart from taking Gendry's blood, I think things could go down exactly this way. I absolutely think Arya will be the one to kill Mel, and it's even possible that it could be her final kill. If Gendry has something to do with extra motivation, it could be painted as Arya being way too far gone to maintain human connections and all she understands is death (she "loves" and cares by killing enemies), OR she makes Mel her final kill FOR Gendry and then tries to be more normal. I'm betting on the former, but at least this kind of situation would give meat to all three of those characters.

claire
Almost a Knight
My crack prediction is that Jaime will be killed by Arya who will kill Cersei wearing Jaime's face later, but he will be brought back by Melisandre who returns to Westeros as an old lady. I know it's a bit complicated and sounds like a fairytale :laugh: I don't really expect this to happen, I only find the idea of Jaime being resurrected like the beast intriguing. :angel: and Melisandre is perfect for the role of an enchantress who looks like an old woman and can turn the beast into a prince again. I know that it would be too repetitive because she already resurrected Jon but Melisandre had implied that her and Arya would meet again and this kind of a scenario could tie up all these loose ends, including "the little brother or sister" part in Maggy's prophecy. Because if Arya wore Jaime's face she would be both the little brother and the little sister, maybe that's why Maggy used the word "valonqar" because she would be female and male at the same time. There is also something weird about the fact that Jaime doesn't have his right hand and Arya is left-handed. In the passage related to Melisandre burning the statues of 7 Gods, the stranger loses her fingers one by one. It would be also in line with beauty and the beast if Melisandre (and Arya) decided to resurrect Jaime when they saw Brienne crying over his body and understood that she loved him. :yes:
Edited by claire, Sep 3 2017, 01:36 AM.

Currawong
Tent Pitcher
My crack prediction: Bran will be the one who appears to kill Cersei. I haven't a clue yet 'how' he will do it, but I am sure the new 3ER will think of something! :D

Maybe it will be Arya using Bran's face who will kill her? If the Stark kids are now sticking together, then Cersei is the Lannister most likely to be the target. Cersei did nothing to check Joffrey's brutality to Sansa either before or after Ned's death, and she also added her own particular level of viciousness. Arya saw Cersei there supporting and defending Joffrey's lies about what happened when Lady attacked Joffrey; Arya watched Cersei stand there while Joffrey gave the order to execute Ned. The show has not mentioned the Valonquar part of the prophecy, but in books or show, Bran would be the perfect left-field "little brother".
Edited by Currawong, Sep 3 2017, 01:54 AM.

december13
Member Avatar
Dragon Charger
How is Arya using Bran's face? I thought she can only use a face of the dead/killed person?
Oh, and can she only use a face of a person she herself killed or any dead person?

If it's the latter, we have my crack prediction! Arya will kill Cersei using Jon Snow's face! He's already dead - resurrected, but he did die at one point, and he is the youngest of Rhaegar's children and second in line of Stark children (Robb was older, yes?), and he's a goody two-shoes which makes him a perfect candidate.

Jenoftarth
Hodor
My prediction is that once the Night King is dealt with, Arya and the Hound are going on a secret mission to King's Landing. Arya is going with Littlefinger's face to "bring intelligence" to Cersei. In all the confusion, I'm not sure anyone in King's Landing would hear that he'd died. Arya as Littlefinger will sneak The Hound in to King's Landing where he will fight his brother. As they fight, Littlefinger/Arya will kill Cersei. I should note that my husband disagrees with the Arya using people's faces of different heights thing, even though we saw it with Walder Frey. He doubts that GRRM intended that type of use. That said, I like this idea.

I also have a hunch that the Seven Kingdoms aren't going to not be one country anymore, so much as a confederation of rulers from different areas, so at least one major player will survive from each area, and in many cases a major couple. I really hope that this will include Brienne and Jaime with their ten children. I think Tyrion is more likely to die than Jaime, though I'm not sure why. I think Sansa is going to make it to the end. I would really like to hope that she gets together with Sandor Clegane despite the age difference and lack of attention given to this ship. There were some notes of their relationship early on in the show, and it's not like age ever stopped relationships at that time. Sam and Gilly are definitely surviving. No doubt in my mind.

Beyond that, I think Dany will die, Jon will live, Bran will retreat North, and Arya will live, but come very very close to dying.

GRRM said the ending would be bittersweet, and I agree with someone I saw who posted either here or on Tumblr, that it's probably going to be like a Harry Potter ending - some major losses but overall good is going to triumph and there will be some romance and good in the world. I don't see Jaime dying in a way that involves Arya or Cersei and I'm really not sure I see Brienne or Jaime dying at all, though they will come close.

Again, just hunches. But I think a lot of our worst case scenarios stem more from the type of darkness and trauma the show has accustomed us to rather than from the story that GRRM is writing.
Edited by Jenoftarth, Sep 3 2017, 02:42 AM.

koops
Member Avatar
Fookin' Sellsword
I had a random crack thought yesterday: what if Cersei does give birth but hands the baby off to the Night King like Craster, in order to ensure her survival and make a pact with him?

Re: Arya using Jaime's face and then him being resurrected. I don't think that's possible. I mean, as far as I understand, the Faceless Men physically take the face? I'm not sure how exactly it works, but that's my understanding of it? So once Arya takes Jaime's face, that's it. I don't want to exclude any possibility at this stage, but I just find it hard to believe that George would put Jaime through everything he put him through, to explore redemption, only for him to become a tool for Arya to kill Cersei at the very end. And it's a very popular theory amongst the fanboys, which I personally hate. While I do, right now, think Jaime is one of the characters with the highest chances of survival, I am not against him dying, but, IMO, he needs to go in a heroic death that is actually useful to the end game, not as just another face for Arya to wear.
online profile quote Top

claire
Almost a Knight
I expressed myself poorly :$ , in my mind it was a happy ending. :laugh: I considered it a crack prediction because I guessed that it might not be technically possible as you said, I don't know how Arya's magic works exactly but I thought it might be considered a crack prediction. I'm not sure what a crack prediction is, maybe mine is impossible and not a crack prediction. :$ Jaime wouldn't be dead at the end in that scenario, therefore I didn't think that he would be going in a meaningless death, I thought he could be resurrected and Jaime and Brienne could have a happy ending that way, ruling somewhere together. Jaime could do heroic actions before or after his death and resurrection, that's what I thought. It's only something based on beauty and the beast, in case George Martin wanted their ending to be almost the same but it may not be the case at all.
Edited by claire, Sep 3 2017, 05:28 AM.

Entropic Girl Reporter
Member Avatar
Tent Pitcher
december13
Sep 3 2017, 02:05 AM
How is Arya using Bran's face? I thought she can only use a face of the dead/killed person?
Oh, and can she only use a face of a person she herself killed or any dead person?

If it's the latter, we have my crack prediction! Arya will kill Cersei using Jon Snow's face! He's already dead - resurrected, but he did die at one point, and he is the youngest of Rhaegar's children and second in line of Stark children (Robb was older, yes?), and he's a goody two-shoes which makes him a perfect candidate.
There's a line of thought that says the fall actually killed Bran...

december13
Member Avatar
Dragon Charger
Ah, so we now have 2 of 4 Starks who are deaded - Jon and Bran... we can even throw Arya in the mix for she is said to be "dead inside"... If Mikki's long wanted wish fulfills and someone offs Sansa then resurrects her, or she turns into Cersei 2.0 effectively making her dead inside, too... Oh, we will have The Stark Walkers... well, Bran would roll, but you get the picture!

And there we have my new crack prediction. :laugh:
Edited by december13, Sep 3 2017, 06:32 AM.

Mikki
Member Avatar
ChillLord
In chat, we were discussing how the NK may want a child sacrifice and that if Dany and Cersei are both pregnant, one of them may have to give up a their child. It got a lot more insane than that, in that we named the baby things like Drogritte after Drogo and Ygritte and something like Rhaviserhyreasmon after ever Targaryen ever.

I could go for that.

Maybe the NK just wants a daughter.

koops
Member Avatar
Fookin' Sellsword
Yeah, and interestingly the NK was stocking up on incest babies and both these would be incest babies. I just cannot see an incest baby having a happy ending. Little Sam is a bit different because he was the product of sexual violence, and he's being raised by Sam. But a potential J/D or J/C child isn't going to.

If I have to speculate, I wonder whether the J/D child is more likely to be the one sacrificed, given that D&D had already written a miscarriage for Cersei. If the plan had been for Cersei to give up the child to the NK, they wouldn't have even contemplated that. It seems like that baby is going to go at some point, without fanfare.
online profile quote Top

Dawn
Member Avatar
😠😠😠😠
Jaime will kill the Night King, because he is Kingslayer and he already tried to kill a dragon

koops
Member Avatar
Fookin' Sellsword
I'm still going with my "Brienne will slay the ice dragon" theory too :p
online profile quote Top

Dawn
Member Avatar
😠😠😠😠
koops
Sep 3 2017, 09:38 AM
I'm still going with my "Brienne will slay the ice dragon" theory too :p
Both theories are solid :p

WackyGoofball
Member Avatar
Blonde Enough
Sorry in advance for shitty posting because of the voice-to-text thing. :)

Personally, I’m crack-theory-convinced that Jon will become the next NK. He will do what Bran said, while JD had sex. He will leave Dany. For the greater cause of humanity. Because like there needs to be a Stark at Winterfell, there needs to be a NK. For the balance. In the sense of curse that cannot be destroyed, but can only be passed on to a new generation. And that is going to be Jon.

Arya can kill the Mountain and then die during the duel. Because fuck Cleganebowl.

Bran will learn how to fly Mary Poppins style?, with his wheelchair. And then kill Cersei. Or someone else. Or challenge the Night’s King with the dragon. You bet that no one will see that coming.

I still think Jaqen is going to show up again. Sadly, season 7 shot down my original theory that he was going to pop up at Winterfell and hide under Arya’s bed. But as others have said I think he is the new maester. So maybe he’s going to kill Arya to then steal her face. Because he needed new faces and he used Arya in order to collect them. Or something like that.

Jon will have another near death experience and he’s not going to think of Dany but actually Ygritte. And he’s going to mumble her name. While Dany is there. Pulling a Robert on her.

Mel, upon return, is going to be revealed of using Dany as a tool of prophecy to make Jon Azor Ahai. She’s going to force him situation where he has to kill Dany. Nissa Nissa style.

Varys is going to betray Dany. He will join Team Lannister. And thereby save the human race. All hail King Jaime.

I shall return once I can type up more, lol. ;)

IDream124
Almost a Beauty
My personal crack theory is that Jaime is going to blow up King's Landing with wildfire and then fake his own death. Hence he can be reborn and live a new life on a quiet
island with Brienne.
Edited by IDream124, Sep 3 2017, 10:49 AM.

Jenoftarth
Hodor
More theories, ridiculous edition:
The whole reason Bran has been referencing awkward personal stuff to people in his prediction/greetings is so he can greet Jaime with "your erection in the tub at Harrenhal was beautiful" in front of Brienne.
Melisandre seduces the Night King and they go back north to live happily ever after.
Cersei enters a 12-step program and comes to Winterfell to apologize for all the things she's done wrong to everybody. Arya kills her.
Ghost comes back with the Night King's severed head in his mouth. "Good boy, Ghost!" Jon says. Fight in the North done.
Sadder idea - wight Ghost attacks Jon. Kills him. :(
Season 8 Episode 1 - Brienne and Podrick meet up with Lady Stoneheart who's just been sitting in the Riverlands all along waiting for someone to notice her. She's gathered some random supporters. We have the entire plot with Brienne and Pod being threatened with death. Because better late than never, right?
Bran wargs into Cersei; gets her to jump out of the tower.

Alright, those are my ridiculous predictions to add to my regular person predictions. I hope that's allowed!

Mikki
Member Avatar
ChillLord
I love it.

alfadark
Ser Cleos
Jenoftarth
Sep 3 2017, 12:53 PM
so he can greet Jaime with "your erection in the tub at Harrenhal was beautiful" in front of Brienne.

Jenoftarth
Sep 3 2017, 12:53 PM
Season 8 Episode 1 - Brienne and Podrick meet up with Lady Stoneheart who's just been sitting in the Riverlands all along waiting for someone to notice her. She's gathered some random supporters. We have the entire plot with Brienne and Pod being threatened with death. Because better late than never, right?

This just made my day :laugh:

Violet
Bath Steamer
I think something is up with the potential of all the incest babies/pregnancies.

I keep thinking about the Theon/Euron/Yara thread that seems to be so separate from all the rest of the story. I do think that thread'll weave itself back in, and where I think their story lends itself to the final story is with Euron and Yara.

In episode 3, they had the slightest suggestion of Euron sexually assaulting Yara with him comment about the parade and dragging the women through the streets making him hot. And then they disappear. I'm hoping my knowledge of Gemma being pregnant isn't weighing it to my theory, but if I try to think of a narrative reason why Euron would hold on to Yara and why a significant amount of time would pass before Theon gets his act together and tires to rescue her, my mind goes to that.

Plus, it would be another relationship (uncle/niece) of the same degree as Jon and Dany. I think that a reveal of Euron assaulting Yara and the extra revulsion that would cause as to the nature of their bloodline relationship is supposed to be juxtaposed against Dany and Jon.

More importantly, Sam and Gilly have stolen these books, and they may learn more about TPTWP. They may also zero in on clues or messages the WW begin to more blatantly communicate to them. Or there's always Google Bran to drop plot convenient nuggets. So, my crackpot theory is:

The Westerosi gang (Tyrion, Jon, Dany, Jaime, Davos, Brienne, Grey Worm) will join together to try to figure out how to beat the WW. They'll come upon the notion that a child born of one bloodline is the key to ending the war. And fingers will point, speculation will be had. Jaime and Tyrion will immediately think it's Jaime's and Cersei's child (who may already be a non-starter, but they wouldn't know that). Dany and Jon, learning of his Targaryen parentage, fear it is theirs. Then comes in a rescued and very pregnant Yara with her Greyjoy/Greyjoy baby.

Gilly, meanwhile is all "Nothing to see over here! Right, Sam's daddy, Sam?! Right??!!!!!"
Oh, and I'm calling it now. Daenerys will be killed by fire. She will assume she cannot be, and that will be her downfall.
Edited by Violet, Sep 8 2017, 09:42 AM.

Mikki
Member Avatar
ChillLord
I love the idea of Dany being killed by fire.

koops
Member Avatar
Fookin' Sellsword
I don't think Yara will get pregnant by Euron. I think that was an idea that wormed its way into the spoilers from those fake leaks by that dragonwolf person, but was never going to happen. I also didn't necessarily take what Euron said to Yara during the parade as foreshadowing that he was going to rape her, just him being gross as usual. I might be wrong, and I wouldn't put it past Euron the character to do that, but I'm not sure whether the show will be going there.

But I've been starting to suspect whether Cersei will give the child off to the NK in exchange for safety/alliance. Maybe the thing will be the parallel between Jon/Dany and Cersei. Both will be given the chance to give up their incest child for peace and how easily Cersei is willing to go along with it compared to Jon/Dany. That doesn't explain why they wrote in a miscarriage, though. If they were planning for this all along, then they wouldn't have written that in.

ETA: Also, question. Do we know how many Necromancers there are? Including the NK? I was wondering whether there are as many Necromancers as Valyrian steel weapons and working on this crack theory that each person with a VS weapon would kill one Necromancer.
Edited by koops, Sep 8 2017, 10:06 AM.
online profile quote Top

Violet
Bath Steamer
Quote:

That doesn't explain why they wrote in a miscarriage, though.

Did they mean to write the walking up in blood to be a nothing burger cliff hanger? That it would get the audience speculating as to her death or a miscarriage, and then S8 would roll around and the first thing we hear from King's Landing is Qyborn telling Cersei to take it easy or that she has to remain on bed rest.

That brings me to another crackpot theory:

Cersei will be killed, and Qyborn will go ape sh*t and resurrect her. It's this version of Cersei that Jaime mercy kills.

Mikki
Member Avatar
ChillLord
I don't agree with the apeshit. I think he is poisoning her and planning to turn her.

My theory, that I will cling to with my cold dead hands, Winterfell falls.

Violet
Bath Steamer
I like that too!

My original thought, from the books, is that KL gets overtaken, Cersei is captured and imprisoned in the black cells, and Qyborn gets license to experiment on her as he has the four women Cersei had imprisoned.

But now I don't see KL being taken over so much as destroyed. But I still believe that Qyborn will harm Cersei. I can't land on exactly what will prompt it.

Twirly
Almost a Beauty
So was thinking about Lord of the Rings and Beauty and the Beast since they were big influences for GRRM for his writing and JB and I was thinking about if GoT would go as far as having a moment where Beauty thinks Beast is dead, they confess their love and Beast is revealed to actually be alive. In the LotR books, after Eowyn slays the Witch King, Eomer finds her and thinks she's dead but then Prince Imrahil turns up, he sees she's cold, but he says, wait she's not yet dead, and he puts his armoured arm to her face and sees a tiny mist form on it which shows she's still breathing and alive.

So, since Jaime has a golden hand and all, I could just imagine a scenario when Brienne is lying in his arms, he thinks she's dead, he confesses his love for her and holds her face when he suddenly notices a mist on his golden hand where she's still very lightly breathing and he realises he's not lost her yet.

It's probably very unlikely since it's too much of a copy from LotR but I still quite like the idea of it. :D

Also, I find it interesting that in LotR Arwen, who ends up marrying the king, is also known as Evenstar. B-)

QueenBri
Maiden Saver
Twirly
Sep 9 2017, 03:46 PM
So, since Jaime has a golden hand and all, I could just imagine a scenario when Brienne is lying in his arms, he thinks she's dead, he confesses his love for her and holds her face when he suddenly notices a mist on his golden hand where she's still very lightly breathing and he realises he's not lost her yet.
I've actually been thinking about that speculation from before about The Hound becoming a Red Priest. If we think about his arc as a whole, there's something fairly poetic about him ending up serving a fire god. There's also the powers that potentially come with that. Brienne is long overdue a physical smackdown. She's about the only main character left now who hasn't had some kind of metaphorical or literal rebirth, either by managing to come out the other side of a physical/mental hardship, or by being brought back from the dead. I can't get the image out of my head of Sandor seeing a distraught Jaime kneeling by Brienne's body, him thinking 'Fuck it! I'll see if this works,' then doing what he saw Thoros do with Beric and it unexpectedly working. That might explain the bonding session they had before the dragon pit parlay as well.

Basically, Thoros, Beric and even Brother Ray have all been there to mostly serve The Hound's religious awakening, so that he can bring back Brienne from the dead, as she's hella important as a warrior and integral to what comes after the Great War.

Quinn
Member Avatar
Director of HYPE
QueenBri, I could totally buy that scenario. I'm firmly convinced that Sandor becomes a red priest, and yeah, I like that symmetry between his childhood burning and an ending to his arc that sees him using fire for "good." Or whatever.

I also think it's all leading to Sandor actually doing something with his "abilities." Every red priest(ess) has thus far culminated in giving someone life. The setup for Sandor doing that is there. It would be a question about WHO, and I totally love the idea of Brienne receiving that gift, but it could equally be Sansa or even more likely Arya. I think it does have to be one of those three.

ballade
Member Avatar
Mutton Cutter
Ok, crazy thought: Jaime is the only one of our main characters who has faced a dragon in battle (Dany, Jon, etc. haven't been on the OTHER side of dragons) and has the knowledge of what they were constructing to take down Dany's dragons. What if he is instrumental in figuring out how to destroy Viserion, and he and Brienne (teamwork!) are the ones to carry out the plan? (I just want someone to be Dragonsbane ok? And it would be a nice matching nickname with Kingslayer!)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Season 8 · Next Topic »
Add Reply